• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Multi-Generation "Pick-a-Character" Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    =P.Rlly?The 1st one?O_o and np.if u need any banners just ask.it was fun making 'em.Do u need me to make one tht says."I completed the Pick-a-character Challenge!"? And.Im gonna think about doing it again.=P(the challenge)

EDIT:Can't yet..lol and still undecided.

Last edited:

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
    CHARACTER: Roxanne
    GENERATION: All!
    GAME VERSION: Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Platinum
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Aerodactly, Omastar, Golem, Kabutops, Steelix, Nosepass
    ANYTHING ELSE? Nothing really.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    =P.Rlly?The 1st one?O_o and np.if u need any banners just ask.it was fun making 'em.Do u need me to make one tht says."I completed the Pick-a-character Challenge!"? And.Im gonna think about doing it again.=P(the challenge)

EDIT:Can't yet..lol and still undecided.

Yes, you're the first! XD Quite an achievement :3

CHARACTER: Roxanne
    GENERATION: All!
    GAME VERSION: Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Platinum
    POKÉMON CHOSEN: Aerodactly, Omastar, Golem, Kabutops, Steelix, Nosepass
    ANYTHING ELSE? Nothing really.

Wow, that is quite a challenge! I take it that you will be using Aerodactyl, Omastar, Golem and Kabutops in Blue, then plus Steelix in Silver, then plus Nosepass in Sapphire and all of the above in Platinum? I'll add you to the Participant's Roster with all versions and Pokémon listed. Welcome to the challenge and good luck!

Last edited:

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    O_o thats gonna be hard.several versions...lol.
    Im thinking about doing the challenge again still

Years
    update #5
    -flew back to Hearthome
    -Once again, Luxray did everything
    -After getting the badge, wnet and got the Thunderbolt and Flamethrower TM's and taught them to Luxray and Infernape respectively.
    -Went to Canalave
    -Beat Rival with little effort
    -Traded my old Buneary for Tauros (lvl 18)
    -Went to Iron Island for some level grinding
    -Kept Exp. Share are Tauros for a little bit, but it was like pulling teeth so i stopped
    -Didn't take the Riolu egg
    -Went back to Canalave, where Diglett and Buizel swept the gym
    -Fissure ended the match with Byron
    -Accidentally forgot to cancel Diglett's evolution
    Current Team

Infernape lvl 40
    -Brick Break
    -Close Combat
    -Flamethrower
    -Flame Wheel

Luxray lvl 40
    -Hidden Power (Psychic)
    -Spark
    -Thunderbolt
    -Crunch

Chatot lvl 40
    -Fly
    -Aeriel Ace
    -Roost
    -Sing

Dugtrio lvl 41
    -Fissure
    -Earth Power
    -Earthquake
    -Slash

Buizel lvl 40
    -Surf
    -Pursuit
    -Swift
    -Aqua Jet

Tauros lvl 30
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Payback
    -Pursuit
    -Rest

subame

I control the spice!
    Years
    Seems interesting....
    One question though, if I where to use, for example, Sidney (Hoenn elite) who has diffrent "versions" what then? Meaning, in this case, Sidney, had a Zangoose and Metang in Pokemon Special, but not in the games, how would that be handled?
    Would you just have to use game-only, Special only, or would you be aloud to use both? For example, could you use the hypothetical team
    Shiftry/Zangoose/Metang/Sharpedo/Crawdaunt?
    Just wanted to know.

Years
    Seems interesting....
    One question though, if I where to use, for example, Sidney (Hoenn elite) who has diffrent "versions" what then? Meaning, in this case, Sidney, had a Zangoose and Metang in Pokemon Special, but not in the games, how would that be handled?
    Would you just have to use game-only, Special only, or would you be aloud to use both? For example, could you use the hypothetical team
    Shiftry/Zangoose/Metang/Sharpedo/Crawdaunt?
    Just wanted to know.

Several people have mixed-and-matched with Cynthia from the Manga/Anime/Games, and it doesn't seem to be too much of a cheat so I'm letting it slide (: So yes, you can mix-and-match Sidney's team from PokéSpec and the games.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    Several people have mixed-and-matched with Cynthia from the Manga/Anime/Games, and it doesn't seem to be too much of a cheat so I'm letting it slide (: So yes, you can mix-and-match Sidney's team from PokéSpec and the games.
    I'm following Cynthia from Diamond/Pearl Versions, just for the record. ^^

Hey, Moriarty, I'm curious about your Shinji challenge! How are you going?

Years
    I'm following Cynthia from Diamond/Pearl Versions, just for the record. ^^

Hey, Moriarty, I'm curious about your Shinji challenge! How are you going?

Oh, absolutely faaa...yeah, okay, I haven't got further than I had before. fail. D: I really have to be in the mood to play Pearl, because the laggyness of the battles really annoys me ): I'll try and play some more over the weekend ^^

Have you thought any more about taking on another character?

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    NO! O.O Do you know how hard it is to find a Feebas in Mt. Cotonet?? And one with nature to evolve into Milotic quickly? After that work I can't think of giving up! hehe...

I was just curious, it's okay if you haven't got further. ^^ I'm lazy too, so much that I didn't post my uptades yet, but I'm with Lucario and Gabite at level 36. And Milotic at the Day-Care. Got a Roserade and Gastrodon helping me out sometimes. I thought of catching a Spiritomb with AR, since I'm playing the ROM. Not to use it at all, just to make the character. =)

But
    I think I'll play with Will through Johto as soon as HGSS come in Italian. That French game is teaching me interesting things, even about my own language (Portuguese).

Years
    NO! O.O Do you know how hard it is to find a Feebas in Mt. Cotonet?? And one with nature to evolve into Milotic quickly? After that work I can't think of giving up! hehe...

I was just curious, it's okay if you haven't got further. ^^ I'm lazy too, so much that I didn't post my uptades yet, but I'm with Lucario and Gabite at level 36. And Milotic at the Day-Care. Got a Roserade and Gastrodon helping me out sometimes. I thought of catching a Spiritomb with AR, since I'm playing the ROM. Not to use it at all, just to make the character. =)

But
    I think I'll play with Will through Johto as soon as HGSS come in Italian. That French game is teaching me interesting things, even about my own language (Portuguese).

>_> I have a Modest Feebas in one of my PC boxes if you need it? I already evolved my own Milotic, so he's going spare XD

Awesome! I was thinking of using a Roserade outside of the Challenge. I might have a go at breeding me a Roselia with some egg moves later ^^

Hurrah, HG/SS! I have mine on pre-order :3 Cannot wait for March lmao.

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
    After a little while-
    Left Slateport
    Lost to Rival, damn Marshtomp having a move to K0 both my pokemon rather easily.
    Lost to rival again
    Beat Rival (At Last)
    Continued to Mauville
    Went on the route to the next town (The name of I forget now) to beat the trainers along there.
    Challenged the gym, beat the gym trainers all with Aron, and unluckily lost to the leader, because of me forgetting to stock up before the attempt >.<
    Tried again, and won fairly easily.

As things are now, Aron is level 26, Combusken is level 29. Now to head north!

subame

I control the spice!
    Years
    Another question...I don't have a spare cartrige, so, I'll be using an emulator..I wanted to know,since people using original games can transfer over eggs, could one use advancedmap to place pokemon in an area, so one would be able to play through the game with the charecters' team, instead of having to wait until they could get them?
    Or woud that be against the rules? I am curious since I would like to try later...since right now I am in the Ultimante Mono-type challenge..

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    I changed my mind, I'm not gonna have Suicune in my team. I'm just gonna stick with the other five.

I defeated Chuck and got the Storm Badge then went back to Olivine to beat Jasmine and got the Mineral Badge.

Mega evolved into Meganium.

Made it to Mahogany and beat the rockets in their hideout.

Beat Pryce and got the Glacier Badge.

Finished off the rockets in the Goldenrod Radio Tower.

Made it through the Ice Path and arrived in Blackthorn.

Currently training for the Blackthorn gym.

Current Team:

Mega/Meganium Lvl 39
    -Body Slam
    -Synthesis
    -Razor Leaf
    -Reflect

Arckee/Growlithe Lvl 39
    -Take Down
    -Roar
    -Flame Wheel
    -Leer
    Just waiting for Schoolboy Alan to give me a fire stone.

Parasee/Parasect Lvl 39
    -Slash
    -Spore
    -Poisonpowder
    -Leech Life

Chumee/Smoocum Lvl 39
    -Psychic
    -Powder Snow
    -Dizzy Punch
    -Mean Look

Xatee/Xatu Lvl 39
    -Fly
    -Leer
    -Future Sight
    -Teleport

Years
    Another question...I don't have a spare cartrige, so, I'll be using an emulator..I wanted to know,since people using original games can transfer over eggs, could one use advancedmap to place pokemon in an area, so one would be able to play through the game with the charecters' team, instead of having to wait until they could get them?
    Or woud that be against the rules? I am curious since I would like to try later...since right now I am in the Ultimante Mono-type challenge..

Unfortunately, this would count as 'hacking' the game, and the rules clearly state no kind of cheating device (and thus cheating) is allowed. Trading eggs is perfectly legitimate, as it is an extension of the game mechanics.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back