• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Munchlax,Munchlax,Munchlax!

Totod!le

« SUCCESS
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    I spent 6 months on Diamond slathering trees to SR for a shiny Aipom. I used the 3 trees in the Floaroma Meadow-Floaroma Town-Valley Windworks area every day. In that time, I found 2 Munchlax and 9 Heracross (both of whom have a 1% chance). I did, however, eventually get my shiny Aipom so I stopped looking.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I don't really look, but I've actually never found a Munchlax on the Honey Trees. Though in saying that, I only put Honey on the trees when I feel like it, which isn't common... XD;;

The only Pokemon I found in Platinum that I never did in Diamond/Pearl was Heracross on my Japanese Version; it was the first time I'd ever seen a wild Heracross in Gen. IV.

But for Munchlax... I've still to happen across one. I more commonly get Pokemon like Combee or Wurmple... or maybe even Aipom.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I traded over GTS a rapidash for a snorlax. I breeded it while it held the required incense and thus, Munchlax! Much easier, seriously.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Just bred it from a snorlax I got from my Leaf Green save .. :D

But to answer the question..No.

I don't even use honey trees at all.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • Look here:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Honey_trees

There's a lot of technical information there, but to sum up the important parts about Munchlax:
    - If you want the best chance to catch a Munchlax, keep switching trees. If you keep switching trees, the chance to find a Munchlax is 1%.
    - If you always do the same tree over and over, the chance to find Munchlax is 0.1%.
    - If you encounter a Munchlax, and want another one, stay with the same tree. There is a 90.1% chance of encountering a second Munchlax after the first. (This chance cannot be SRed.)

Last edited:

Speed

Skyward
    Years
  • Sadly, I've never caught one, but I don't really need one. If I do need one, it'll be for leftovers.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • Ugh. Must I re-live this torture? :rambo:

Yes, I caught my own Munchlax, but it wasn't easy. I searched on and off for over a year. Finally, with my pokedex almost complete, I decided to give it one last, hard-core try. I slathered 20 honey trees and checked them every eight hours. Finally, on the 9th day in a row of this, I found my Munchlax.

And there was much rejoicing.

The snorlax master

Jonny boy
    Years
  • I have never seen a Munchlax on a honey tree before. Just combees and a few aipoms. I say it's easier to get a full incense and breed Snorlax.

Last edited:

elwesto

Simply the West
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    Eh i havent had muck luck on the honey trees, i have found a female combee but nothing else other than some wurmples

Years
  • Well, it's actually really tough to find it. It only appears on 4 honey trees (which trees they are is random for each DS cart), and only appears 1% of the time on these.

Back