• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Muse

Michii

as in Mishy
Years
  • Site
    Muse is a band from England formed in 1994, with their genre being around the Alternative/Progressive/New prog area (yay!). When my older brother introduced me to them when I was twelve, I couldn't find a single Muse fan in my middle school. Even in highschool now, nobody really listens to them (aside from shoppers who hear one of Muse's songs play while they're in the store, but they don't count :<). So I was browsing profiles here when I found a Muse song on someone's Last FM thinger. I started up a conversation with the person about Muse, happy that there was another fan. While I was speaking to the person, a random vm from a stranger came saying that we weren't the only Muse fans. So there, I know two other Muse fans. But the question is, do you know/like Muse?

elli

norse god thor
    Years
  • Hellz yes! & I was just about to make a thread for them, too. xD

MUSE is very likely my favorite band next to All Time Low. Their live shows are great {specifically the one at Wembly Stadium}! I first heard about them when I visited Stephenie Meyer's website & saw her playlist for Twilight; been hooked ever since.

You're right about not many people knowing they exist. Out of all the people that I know musical tastes for at school, none of them have even heard of MUSE before I mentioned them, which is really too bad. Luckily, most of those people turned out not to mind them in the end. Knights of Cydonia seems to be the least favorite of their songs though. P:

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • I've recently gotten Into Muse, Although I was aware of them for ages because Im From UK. I bought there Album from HMV a few days back and I'm glad I did, Assasain or Exo-Politics is my favourite at the moment, but I really like there Cover of Feeling Good.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Yay for Muse!
    Well it sounds sad but I first fell into Muse on Guitar Hero III, but I had heard of them before that, just never heard them or wouldn't know if I did.
    So I was playing Knights of Cydonia on Guitar Hero, and my uncle starts singing along and it was kinda scary... But turns out he is a massive fan and has like all their albums and singles, so I borrowed them all off him and I love them!
    My fave songs are; Knights of Cydonia, Map of the Problematique, Assassin, Supermassive Blackhole and I think that is all, but I can listen to all their stuff!

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    Omaigawd I'm included in the thread description. o3o

I love Muse and have done for a while. They were one of the first bands I started listening to - along with Radiohead, Weezer and a generally crazy mix - due to my brothers listening to them. I was just a young keen bean who wanted to be cool like them~!
    Like you, Mishy, a lot of people I know don't know about them. And if they do, the only song they've heard is 'Supermassive Blackhole' thanks to the wonder that is the Twilight soundtrack. I feel sad to say those people don't appreciate the other good songs 'Map of the Problematique', 'Thoughts of a Dying Atheist' and so on. :D

But as you know anyway, I am a fan. \o/

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • I...can't really say that I like them, sorry. The only album of theirs I ever bought was "black holes and revelations," which was, according to my friend Dan "their best album." I haven't heard enough from the band to actually pass judgment on them, but what I heard was rather disappointing, imo.

But, like others have said here, I'm pretty sure the only reason he had ever heard of them was because of that song on GH3. It's pretty pathetic that we've now come to a period in time that the only reason people know good music exists is because it's appeared in the guitar hero franchise D:

EffervescentEevee

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • I ADORE MUSE!!!!

I've been into them since Origin of Symmetry.
    I've seen them live twice and for my 18th birthday my cousins got me a framed GOLD DISC of Origin of Symmetry with SIGNED LYRICS.
    Best present ever!

MUSE are my absolute favourite band!:D

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • MUUUUUUUUUSE!!! =D

Oh man, Absolution was an absolutely fantastic album. I enjoy their other stuff as well, but I don't think any of their other stuff can compare. They are definitely an excellent band...one of my favorites ^__^

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Muse are a great band. Have listened to them for a few years now and they always seem to get better. My favourite song by them has to be "Starlight". That song was one of the first to really get me hooked on them.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • I absolutely adore Muse. ♥ I find them really unique, and their songs are really catchy. I've managed to get a few friends hooked, but not many people I know have even really heard of them. But, with Supermassive Black Hole being featured on the Twilight soundtrack, more and more people at my school have begun listening to them.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Sorano, I love them being unique but with some of their songs being in Twilight, I don't feel so special. Now Muse is known by heaps of people...

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    The thing with Muse being featured on the Twilight soundtrack is that 'Supermassive Black Hole' is the only song they'll have heard. Unless someone actually bothered to listen to their other songs, I guarantee that people who claim to be fans like SBH and not other great songs like 'Hysteria' and 'New Born'. :D

Plus, you can at least think you're cooler than everyone else for liking them before they were in Twilight. ;3

Years
    • ny
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    Ew muse was featured in twilight? thats lame..
    I love them.
    I my favorite songs by them are
    starlight
    time is running out
    endlessly and
    hysteria

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • I love that they put Muse in Twilight. Supermassive Black Hole was the perfect song for the baseball scene. I can't get enough of that part.

Muse is a great band. They're really inspirational to me as a graphic designer. XD My favorite songs areee: Map of the Problematique, Supermassive Black Hole, Hysteria, and Sing for Absolution.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • The thing with Muse being featured on the Twilight soundtrack is that 'Supermassive Black Hole' is the only song they'll have heard. Unless someone actually bothered to listen to their other songs, I guarantee that people who claim to be fans like SBH and not other great songs like 'Hysteria' and 'New Born'. :D

Plus, you can at least think you're cooler than everyone else for liking them before they were in Twilight. ;3

Ya speak the truth, Fionaaa. :]] I NOEZ IM COOLUR! :'DD

I'm 'lovin the posts here! There are some great favorites with other people that are mine also. Thoughts of a Dying Atheist, Sing for Absolution, Newborn, Hysteria, and Stockholm Syndrome are my favorite songs. Muse iz teh roxxorz. :33

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I don't dislike Muse but I don't especially like them, for me they were sort of average, I wouldn't buy their CD but I would stop on a radio station if it was playing one of their songs. I accidently ended up being at one of their live gigs... at the Eden Project, I only heard some of it but It's more awesome hearing them live than hearing their songs on the radio so after that I bought their CD and had a time where they were one of my favourite bands; but I've sinced moved on to new areas of music.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I love MUSE they're awesome when i saw them on the back of the GH3 box i told my brother who loved MUSE and saw them at wembley :D after that i eventually started to listen to MUSE.

Best tracks=New Born-Long but brilliant, Take a bow=That song is very touching :)
    Go MUSE!

Back