• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mutation Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    I realize that another Pokemorph roleplay was recently created. However, I thought it might be enjoyable to create a Pokemorph roleplay with a slight twist and little more defined purpose.

As a disclaimer, I wrote this late at night and early in the morning. Thus, my writing may not be entirely comprehensive. Also, I realize that there seems to be quite a bit of reading to be done before beginning the RP . . . I apologize. ^-^;;

History: A number of years ago, a violent battle was waged between Team Rocket and an army of Pokemon trainers. By this time, Team Aqua and Team Magma had disbanded, leaving Team Rocket as the sole major antagonistic power in the Pokemon world. Though no one knows exactly what Team Rocket's final plan was, it is known that the plan failed . . . mostly. During the battle, the device Team Rocket's scientists had worked to create since the Team's inception was destroyed in a massive explosion—releasing a ripple of energy that affected people and Pokemon in every land. This event is now known as the "Mutation Wave" and was the birth of the Pokemorph. Now, though Team Rocket was finally destroyed three years ago, the effects of their plans can still be felt. Many humans died instantly during the Mutation Wave, and some Pokemon died as quickly. Meanwhile, several trainers were fused to their Pokemon while others were given a Pokemon's characteristics. A few received the characteristics of multiple Pokemon, though they died within a year of the Mutation Wave and the Final Battle. However influenced, these events are now mourned deeply as society awkwardly attempts to accept the Pokemorphs now scattered throughout it.

Plot: You are (naturally) roleplaying the part of a character who has been transformed into a Pokemorph by the Mutation Wave. Though the anniversary of the Final Battle has, each year, been a solemn day, on this year's anniversary a stunning announcement has been made. A cure for the Pokemorph mutation has been discovered. However, there is a catch. A massive tournament will be held among the Pokemorphs, the winner being the single recipient of this cure.
    As might be expected, the announcement of this tournament caused quite a bit of controversy among the public, largely due to its violent nature and treatment of the morphs as Pokemon. Nonetheless, on the day of opening ceremonies, quite a few Pokemorphs arrived at the stadium in Slateport City—you being among their number.

The Pokemorphs: As would be expected, each morph gains characteristics according to their Pokemon. After being mutated, morphs are no longer able to train Pokemon, and living a "normal" life has become seemingly impossible. Despite gaining quite a number of abilities, the mutations have also been found to often have rather negative side effects. New diseases exclusive to morphs have been discovered, and shortened lifetimes among the Pokemorphs are expected—being that almost a quarter of the morphs have already died of "natural" causes.

The Tournament: Though labeled a "tournament", this tournament is considerably more than a series of one vs. one matches. There will be double battles, contests, "team" battles, battle royales, obstacle courses, "missions" (to be explained later), etc. Unlike a typical tournament, after the first few "elimination rounds" (your character defeating an unknown, expendable one to give an example of your skills), each tournament member will be given points based on their performance in each round and for each given task they complete. In the end, the three characters with the highest number of points will battle in a one vs. one vs. one battle. I will later be keeping a "Tournament Billboard" in this post to track the points of each character. At times, creating an alliance with other characters may be beneficial or required. Thus, be cautious in not estranging yourself from too many other characters. However, also remember that you are all working toward a goal that only one of you may reach—and some morphs will do anything to win.
    No one is entirely sure who is hosting The Tournament, being that the most that has been seen of its host is shadow. While the origin of The Tournament is suspect, however, most morphs are desperate—or curious—enough to still enter The Tournament.

Rules and Guidelines:

1. You are permitted a maximum of two characters (though one may enter the RP later, if you so desire)
    2. While your character is permitted more than four attacks, attacks your respective Pokemon learns via TM or HM, and attacks they would logically know, please be reasonable.
    3. No powerplaying.
    4. Grammar is appreciated (it quite definitely need not be perfect, but it must be existent).
    5. I realize this is simply reiterating the RP rules. But, please include at least 4 lines in your post.

Character Sheet:

Name:
    Pokemon: (No legendaries, please)
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    History:
    Weapon(s)/Armor:
    Other (Optional):
    RP Sample: (To be fair, no one is exempt from this.)

--------------------------------------------

I will post my character sheet later (if enough people join for this roleplay to function).

==============================================

Tournament Billboard:

Latest Update: N/A; Billboard Currently Inactive

Morph//Pokemon ------------ Latest Point Addition ------- Current Point Total {Previous Point Total}

Raven//Umbreon ------------------ 0 --------------------- 0 {0}

Star//Espeon --------------------- 0 ---------------------- 0 {0}

Rave//Houndoom ------------------ 0 ---------------------- 0 {0}

Eve//Milotic ----------------------- 0 ---------------------- 0 {0}

Arin//Raichu ----------------------- 0 ---------------------- 0 {0}

Corbin AKA Magnet//Magneton ----- 0 ---------------------- 0 {0}

Richard//Crobat -------------------- 0 ---------------------- 0 {0}

Ryakugen//Charizard ---------------- 0 ---------------------- 0 {0}

Christine//Vaporeon ----------------- 0 ---------------------- 0 {0}

Io//Skitty -------------------------- 0 ----------------------- 0 {0}

Last edited:

deoxys holder

deoxys
    Years
    can I join?
    Name:Shadow
    Poke'mon:Blaziaken

Appearance:Shadow is pretty much a Blaziken and thats it.

Personality:Always keeps to himself barely talks to anyone.

History:??? Know one know's him,he came to the region to become stronger when this happend to him.

Wepons/Armor:He has a sowrd with him and thats it,and he only uses it as a last resort.

Other:He wears a pure silver pokeball around his neck its his most prized possesion.

RP Sample:He came to the region because of an invetation to a tournament where many powerful pokemon trainers would face each other to see who could claim the title of a true POKE'MON MASTER.The letter said:
    Dear Trainer,
    You have been invited to a tournement sponsered by THE POKE'MON LEAUGE bring your most powerful pokemon to face off many powerful trainers and claim the title POKE'MON MASTER In the kanto region.
    Come to the Indego Plateu Saturday 12/1/04 at 3:00pm and register,show your invetation at regestration.Thank You
    -The Elite Four
    He accepted and came,then he was hit by the mutation wave.

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    If I did not make this clear, I apologize. ^-^;; But, all the morphs of more than one Pokemon have died. The increased mutation caused a further accelerated death . . .

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    ooc: -squee fail pounce- >.> I've wanted to do one of these for a LONG time.... Muwahahahahaha. And I always do Raven posts in purply text. xD Charon, you member back on Neo when we had the posion poke layout and I STILL typed in purple for heem?

And I'm aware of my 90 billion typos. I had finals today. My brain hurts. I'll fix them LATER

Name: Raven Zion

Pokemon: Umberon

Appearance: His eyes were quite simply the most stunning part of him. Bright Amber eyes with a touch of florecent yellow that drew ones attention all the while making it hard for one to turn away; to break the intense gaze that hardly ever faded. The raven like tressles flowed to his mid back in an elegant mannor, his long straight hair resting softly against his fluffy black fur. The rich golden ring-like highlights in his hair along with the unmistakable ears of an Umbreon that sat clearly visable amongst his hair, proved even without his tail that he was indeed a morph and the yellow rings around his wrists, shoulders, thighs and ankles shimmer in moonlight and fully affirm what he is. The soft scaring on his cheek was in the shape of a seven rests calmly below his left eye... and he doesn't like to speak about it.

As far as a more genreal apperance goes, the male is quite short, only five foot seven (I have NO idea what this is in Meters. ^^; Sorry, I'm still recuperating from finals.) and seemingly enjoys the fact he's short and uses it to his advantage. He prefers to wear his purple jumpsuit if circumstance would allow it but because this tends to draw more attention to him then he likes, he tends to stick to his black cargo pants and a plain purple or golden (Colored) t-shirt all of which is covered by his purple hood-carrying cloak which hooks onto his simple shoulder pad amour. For shoes he wears simple black combat boots that give him two extra inches in height.

Personality: First of all, Raven can not stand neither men nor women. Due to past experiences he has seen the worst in both and trusts neither, thus pushing him into a lonely little corner that he seems to enjoy being in. He's very quiet, almost never speaks unless he's spoken to or unless somebody's being entirely too stupid. He doesn't like to get involved in other people's problems as he believes this will draw attention to his haunted past and to his own hidden child-like heart that he struggles to keep hidden when matters like "boy friends and girl friends" arise in conversation and Raven has trully no idea what either of them are. He is however, extremely protective of any friends he does make. Once he's made them, he guards them fiercely. In short, he's considered very angsty and an obvious loner but his smile, even tho rare, is very gentle and sweet.

History: Raven has no true recollection of his parents. He was taken from his hometown in village raid led by some members of Team Rocket and taken back to Viridian, Kanto where he was quite simply "adopted' and then "used" in more ways than just as a test subject. Needless to say, Raven was hardened into a Team Rocket "Assassin" of sorts as he was trained by Koga for four years to become emotionless and to teach him how to silently defend himself. His missions were more dangerous than most missions that were given to others his age but because the child was all but fearless, he didn't seem to care and never came back with a mission uncompleted. However, when Team Rocket was finally disbanded, (It was disbanded, correct?) Raven escaped his base to avoid capture, slipping like a shadow into the moonless night. He had no idea that there were other morphs beside himself until the broadcast about a tourny for a cure slipped past his ears as he wandered through a small town. His immediate reaction to this was not "a cure! Oh my!" but rather, "...there... are others like me?" With the knowledge that his crimes towards the end of the war would not go unnoticed. Raven set off for the tournament in search for others like him

In search of a place where he wasn't so alone

Weapon(s)/Armor: Armor: Raven's got shoulder amour that actually rests on his arms with a metal-like wire connecting one side to the other that his cloak connects to.

Weaponry: He carries the basic ninja-items (that he recieved from Koga) which include shuriken, kunai and small little smoke bombs but he enjoys the fluid motions that moves like Faint Attack give him when it comes to getting behind somebody to deliver a Chuck Norris-like Round House Kick!

Other (Optional): He is deathly afraid of small windowless rooms.

RP Sample: Ancient Dynasty

Lemme go back to sleep for a lil more and I'll type up something fresh if you want. xD

Last edited:

Fateful

Just Dance
    Years
    Name: Star (Used to have a regualr name, but when fused with her Espeon she took her name instead of keeping her old one.)
    Pokemon: Espeon
    Apperence: She has eyes that change color to match her mood which are almost always black or red and light brown hair that goes half way down her back. Star has the ears of an Espeon and the tail of one too. She wears a black T-shirt, jeans, and black tennis shoes. Around her naeck is a gold band which she never takes off.
    Personality: Star doesn't trust anyone. She is very watchful and catious. At first she can be very cold and untalkative towards people. She is not even close to the nicest or happiest of people. You can never really tell what she is thinking or her emotions because her eyes are always souless besides the different colors.
    History: Star tells no one her history. All that is known about it is that she has no family because of it.
    Weapon(s)/Armor: Star has three long swords which she rarely uses. She doesn't wear armor. Her main wepons are her psychic abilities, her agility and grace.
    Other: N/A
    RP Smaple: Jumping from tree to tree, limb to limb, Star desperately tried to run away. Why bother to run from something that can't be escaped? She asked herself in her head sadly. Dropping from the trees she landed on her feet on the forest floor. "Where to go?" She asked herlsef staring up into the trees and the bright sun beyond them. Letting out a sigh Star walked through the forest. "This place used to be so full of life...well not anymore." She said kicking a rock out of her way. Her eyes their regular souless black color as she walked through the forest alone with a wandering mind.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    D'oh...of all the available pokémon Mika went for Umbreon too? *Grumbles* Oh well, for the sake of character diversity and due to the fact that this one actually suits me quite well my char shall be a Houndoom morph instead.

Name: Rave (He used to have a real name but doesn't acknowledge it any longer)
    Pokemon: Houndoom
    Appearance: A tall and well built male, Rave stands a good two meters tall. His hair is jet black while his skin is a fairly light shade of grey which, combined with the curved pair of horns protounding from his forehead and his blood red eyes, gives him a rather intimidating appearance and clearly marks him as a morph. Rave always dressed in black or dark shades of grey, usually wearing a pair of black trousers and a grey t-shirt which is of a shade so close to his skin colour that few can tell the difference. For added effect he also often wears a black cloak, complete with a hood which, when pulled up, obscures all of his features save his eyes. Rave also has a black diamond-tipped Houndoom's tail which he usually keeps concealed under his cloak. Under normal circumstances he also wears a pair of - you guessed it - black shoes, although he often discards them in favour of moving barefoot when his hunting instinct kicks in.
    Personality: Rave is...well, certainly not the nicest of people. On a good mood he can be tolerable or even enjoyable to be around, but the problem is that you can never quite know where you have him. He has been known to smile in a most friendly and disarming manner one moment, only to use that to lunge at his victim's throat the next. Rave is a manipulative person with an extremely sadistic streak and enjoys toying with his opponents before going in for the kill, he also has very little sense of loyalty and would turn on an ally without hesitation if he deemed him or her good prey. Rave is not completely honorless in his dealings however, as, despite everything else, he always lives up to his end of a bet, regardless of how the other person won. Life, it seems, is little more than a thrilling game for Rave, and he has never been known to suffer a poor sport for long. The competition appeales to him, and he will certainly strive for victory by any means necessary, even though he has no wish to change back into a human, seeing as how being a morph is so much more amusing. Rave's foremost pleasure in life is hunting, and that is also the time when his sadistic nature becomes clearest.
    History: The only child of a wealthy bussinessman living in Lilycove, Hoenn, Rave never had to suffer shortage of anything save affection during his youth, and, like many bored rich kids do, quickly grew to resent everything his father stood for, growing increasingly rebellious and ending up with the wrong crowd; shady characters from back alleys, women of questionable virtue, and most of all, street gangs formed by disgruntled members of the already disbanded Teams Aqua and Magma. With his wealth and seemingly complete lack of empathy for other living beings, Rave (Self-nicknamed) quickly climbed the social ladder of the underworld, soon gaining charge of his own gang and wrecking chaos on society for his own amusement. Even then, he was notoriously cruel and sadistic, but when he became one of the many struck by the mutation wave, developing powers the likes of which he had never held before, Rave seemed to become even more unhinged, growing resentful of human beings in general and quickly taking up hunting them just for the thrill of it. Abandoning his own gang which he now loathed as much as everyone else, the youth set out into the world, determined to derive as much pleasure as possible for every minute of his new, if regrettably short, life. Despite the fact that Rave had no desire whatsoever to become a human again, he found the contest appealing for the simple fact that it was the perfect chance for him to derive his amusement without being troubled by pesky laws, and besides...the thought of being able to make other morphs jump through his hoops in hopes of getting the cure for themselves was simply too tempting to resist.
    Weapon(s)/Armor: Sharp teeth and his newfound control over fire are all the weapons that Rave consider worthwhile and he has no wish for armor to restrict his movements. After all, what's life without a little risk?
    Other (Optional): N/A
    RP Sample: Might I direct your attention to Showgan, Ancient Dynasty, or perhaps Ryko? I can write up a fresh sample too if you'd like, just as soon as I manage to round up my imagniation again. *Stabs homework* <.<

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    {ooc| *hits Alter with a herring* YOU STOLE RAVE'S NAME! Ah well. No matter. Uh.... and I really want to join this (as Mika knows, I used to have quite an obsession with 'morphs') but in four week's time I'm going away for two weeks. So.... I hope that's okay ^^;}

Name: Eve
    Pokemon: Milotic
    Appearance: Eve is tall, curvy and very, very slim - just like the pokemon she was morphed into. Her skin is a rich shade of cream, and her almond shaped eyes are a deep ruby red. However, a long scarlet scar streaks from the corner of one eye down to her chin, marring her appearence considorably.
    Her hair is coral-pink, and frames her face in the form of bangs. The rest reaches to around her hips, and is tied in bunches. A horn protrudes from her forehead, and there are three breathing holes set on either side of her neck. Two antannaes sprout from the corners of her eyes, as well. These are normally brushed back behind her ears.
    From about her pelvis down, she is covered in milotic's signiture purple-and-pink scales; she also has the water-type's long, tapering tail, which is normally curled around her legs, the fan splayed in order to cover as much of her as possible.
    Despite her rather stunning appearence, Eve attempts to dress down. She is normally found wearing huge, baggy jeans, and shapeless black t-shirts that bear phrases like 'speaking is not communication'.

Personality: Eve tends to shy away from interaction with humans, but when surrounded by pokemorphs she likes to let her true colours show. Eve quite quiet, and very laid back, except when it comes to battling; here, Eve becomes incredibly adamant, refusing to admit defeat.
    She's very defensive, so even the smallest word against her becomes a major offence in her eyes. Call her ugly, and Eve will be livid. She is terribly self-concious, due to her scarring, and she suffers from slight paranoia. If she notices two girls with their heads together, giggling and whispering, Eve always assumes it's about her.
    However, in a dangerous situation, Eve manages to keep her head. It's only when humans are close by that she panics..

History: Eve was born in sootoplois city, to a relatviely well off-family. Her father was an ice-expert, and he had a job at Wallace's gym. Pokemon were something Eve's family were passionate about. Her family were extremely happy - it was just Eve and her Dad, but they had each other, and their pokemon, so they were contented. Eve was quite a chubby, dull looking girl before the transformation - she was slightly overweight, and as a result she spent all her time with her pokemon, or her Dad, or playing video games. She liked to hide herself away, to avoid harsh comments - she was bullied a lot by the other girls at her school. Her only friends were the boys she played video games with; they didn't even notice she was a girl.
    When the Mutation Wave struck, her father was one of the many killed instantly. Eve changed dramatically; in an instant she was sleek, slender and beautiful, like her father's milotic. Weak from grief, she went away to live with her grandparents, who looked after her. For a while she lived in sanctuary with them, but she couldn't live with them forever. After a few years, she returned to Sootopolis and to school.
    Her bullies couldn't believe the change in Eve. They were disgusted that the Mutation Wave had changed her so positively, when they were sick, or ugly, or their family had died. In their fury, they taunted and teased her, and Eve fell back into her old ways.
    The boys, however, now noticed she was definetly female.
    Eve fled.

Weapon(s)/Armor: Eve believes in her own fighting abilities completely; however, she always carries a pen knife, just in case she is ever caught unaware.
    Other (Optional): Nein!
    RP Sample: Ryko! Yay!
    I would write a real sample... maybe later.

{ooc| I'll finish later... I must practise my german!}

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Kwee! Yeah, since my buddies are here, I felt the need to join. Hee hee.

Name: Arin Morrow

Pokemon: Raichu

Appearance: At an average height, Arin is pretty normal. She is a little chubby though, which she didn't used to be like until she became part Raichu. She has chestnut brown hair that goes down to the middle of her back and has short bangs that come to her eyebrows in the front along with dark brown eyes that look almost black. Her fingers have become a little chubbier and shorter, and don't have the same extendability (<-- I think I made up that word >.>) as they had when she was human. Her skin has a fine fur on it that is colored much like a Raichu's, perhaps a little lighter. She has a cream-colored skirt on that goes down to her knees which is not in the best condition, which should come as no surprise considering where she lives. She also wears a brown shirt with long sleeves. Her most noticable Raichu features are her large Raichu-like ears, her long and quite dangerous Raichu tail, and her large, yellowish puffy cheeks. They too have a light fuzziness to them.

Personality: Arin is a person that fights for the little guy. She has always been in love with nature; it's her passion. She's a vegetarian, wears clothes that are never made from plastic, and wouldn't be caught dead throwing a recyclable material into the regular garbage. She loves pokemon and the beauty of the natural landscape. She wants to be a Pokemon Ecologist when she gets older, and study pokemon in their natural habitats, trying to learn more about them. She thinks that a pokemon's intellect is on or very near that of a human's, and in some cases, above a human's intellect. This is why she has never owned a pokemon. When she sees humans who dress up their pokemon, or train them to do tricks, she gets very angry inside. She usually ends up saying something to them in an angry tone of voice; and they usually just call her rude or crazy, and walk away. She's normally kind and happy, but when someone messes with nature or pokemon, she's not happy one bit. After the wave had hit and she had been transformed, her world was turned so upside down that she didn't really react. After she had time to calm down though, she knew that she had to do something about this new issue. When the tournament came along, she knew that it had to be her to get the antidote. No one would listen to her as a pokemorph about laws and freedoms, but they would listen to her if she became a human again. She saw what humans were doing to this new 'race' of pokemon and humans, and she didn't like it one bit.

History: Arin grew up in a loving family. Her parents were happy and had steady jobs that brought in just enough money to get everyone their basic needs, and a little extra. She had an older sister whom she adored. Arin's older sister was quite popluar at school, and Arin wanted so much to be just like her when she was little. However, Arin wasn't like her older sister, and as she began to get older, she found out that they were very different. Her sister was happy all of time around her friends, and had too many boyfriends to keep track of. Arin was happy too, but she never had as many friends or boyfriends as her sister. The close relationship that they two had when they were younger quickly deteriorated, and after a while the two just stopped talking. Arin's sister moved away to the next town, and Arin didn't ever call her. That's when the mutation wave hit, wiping out quite a few people that Arin herself knew-- including her parents. Confused, saddened, and lost without a home, Arin didn't really know what to do or where to go. She didn't want to think about the political or social effects of the wave, or what would happen to all of the newly created pokemorphs; she just wanted a home again. She didn't even know if her sister had survived the wave. So she ended up in a small forest where beginning trainers liked to catch wild pokemon. She ended up staying with a small group of Pikachu that lived in the forest. Despite their initial fear of her, the Pikachu eventually decided to let the girl join up with them, taking note of how good she was at detering trainers from capturing their own. It wasn't home, but Arin was happy with the Pikachu.

Weapon(s)/Armor: She has a small dagger that she will use against heavily armored folks, but other than that, she relies more on her natural abilities.

Other: She has a friend from the Pikachu tribe, Denki, who admires her quite a bit.

RP Sample:

As Arin walked down the street, she felt somewhat uplifted by the swaying branches of the large willow trees that stood in front of her neighbor's house. Her neighbor, Mrs. Yalt, was an odd woman that never came out of her house. Arin always used to go over to the woman's house when she was little to see her pokemon. She had owned several of them, a Meowth, a Vulpix, the usual cat and dog pokemon; and she loved to have Arin's company. This was not why the girl was here today though. Today she was hoping to catch a glimpse of Mrs. Yalt's pokemon without Mrs. Yalt. She hadn't been here, hadn't visited this street, her old street, for quite some time, and she wanted to know what Mrs. Yalt would think of her before she made her presence known.

She stopped at the front gate, wondering if Mrs. Yalt could see her. Suddenly a squeaky voice popped up from behind her.

{Hey! You gonna go in or what?!} said a small and quite fuzzy Pikachu. He had his arms folded in an attempt to look tough. His fur was quite coarse, and was messy in some spots.

"Shh! Please be quiet Denki! I'm trying to be sneaky!" Arin hushed the Pikachu, frowning at him.

{It doesn't look sneaky to me... you're standing at her front gate!} the Pikachu reminded her, frowning back at her. Arin's eyes widened as her ears picked up the sound of the door opening. It was Mrs. Yalt! Arin quickly ducked down behind a bush, hoping that no one was wandering about the street this early in the morning to see her doing this. She didn't want to get caught.

Denki merely remained in the same place, and looked over to the front of the house. Mrs. Yalt had already shut the door again, and she was gone. Denki's brow furrowed in confusion, why open the door and then shut it? The answer soon came though as an excited-looking Growlithe bounded over to the fence, his tongue lolling out of his smiling mouth.

{ARIN! WOW! I haven't seen you in ages!} he barked happily, his tail wagging vigorously.

Arin popped her head up quickly, "Ah! Tornado don't yell! I don't want Mrs. Yalt to know I'm here yet!"

{Yeah! Shut up you stupid pet!} Denki retorted, moving away a little because of the spit coming from the lolling tongue.

{Oh... sorry!} Tornado whispered, looking a bit put-out, {Hey... how come you can understand me?}

"Uh... well... don't I look different?" Arin said in a soft voice. She did look different. Her skin was all fuzzy, and she had different tones of the fuzzy skin too. Not to mention she had a large pair of brown and yellow pointy ears along with a long, thin black tail with a rather big lightning bolt shape at the end. And she wasn't sure, but she could swear that her nose had gotten smaller too. Yeah, she was just a little different.

Tornado looked the girl over, regarding her new form, and gave her a look as if he wasn't sure, {You're still you aren't you?} he asked.

"Well of course!" Arin said, almost with too much conviction.

{Then it doesn't matter!} the Growlithe said happily, his tongue making another appearance. Denki made a grunt of displeasure.

Arin was now getting to the part she was wondering about. "Um, Tornado... do you think Mrs. Yalt will be okay with me? I mean, the way I am now? Will she think I'm an abomination or something? Some humans think that way," the girl said, her ears falling back a litte.

The Growlithe tilted his head for a moment, thinking, and then shook his head, {Master thought you were gone forever like your parents. She was really sad. Then she heard that some of the humans got turned into part pokemon. She said that maybe it happened to you since she didn't know what happened to you. I think she would like to see you. She misses you coming over to see us. You should come in and stay! Stay forever!}

"Yeah I know... but I can't stay here Tornado," Arin said thoughfully.

{You bet you can't! You're a part of our tribe now!} Denki said loudly. He didn't want Arin to leave because of some strange human lady.

{Oh... well, okay. Then just stay for a little while! Like you used too!} the Growlithe said happily, trying to come up with a compromise.

Arin nodded, "Okay... lead the way Tornado. I've missed you too you know." Denki looked bothered by the prospect of going into a human house, but gave in considering he didn't want to wait alone in the street. Who knew what childish human was lurking around waiting to capture him in one of those monster balls?

*dies* Okay, that was a LOT of typing. *eyes hurt*

Last edited:

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
    joining is my best option.

Name:Corbin
    Pokemon:magneton
    Apperance: He looks like any old magneton, except hes orangish silver in colour.
    Personality:His personality is quiet and timid, he liked living on a poke farm with his parents and himself. Before the mutation wave he liked discussing battle tactics with his pokemon, but now hes just a broken heart on a journey all alone...Or is he?
    History: He liked living his old life, battling other trainers pokemon and helping with the farm, but now the mutation wave has changed him. Most of his family died because of it, He is the only survivor in his family.
    Weapon(s)/Armour: He has learned to weild the electric power like a magneton. Scince hes made of steel he has plenty of armour. He is very skilled in battle tactics, battling other pokemon here and there, but now scince hes a pokemon, he has a hard time battling other mutations. He liked his old life. But now is on a journey.
    Others: He is unusually orangish/silver in colour.
    RP sample: Corbin was just a normal kid, walking on a route full of lush green grass and trees. Then he heard it. Screaming and pokemon howling in pain. He looked back to see a red and white wave heading his way with the sound of electricity. "Uh oh..." Corbin said. "This doesint look good magnet." Magnet was his magneton, he was very loyal and a good companion. Corbin started running away, but he tripped on a rock. Magnet tried to save Corbin from the mysterious wave by sheilding him, But it was unsucessful. Corbin felt himself fuse with Magnet. He lost self-counsiousness. When he woke up he could see trees on fire and weird mutant pokemon on the ground. He looked around and saw that he could float! He had a magnetic feeling, like there was electricity surging through him. This is how his journey began to the tournament.

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    I feel honored to have so many people sign up for this RPG. ^-^ However, I hope it is alright if I am a little selective with my decisions . . .

deoxys holder - Not Accepted: Though I quite appreciate your editting of your profile, I am afraid your profile feels a little lacking in content.

+ Mika + - Pending: A movelist is not required. And, a link one's roleplay post or a copied and pasted piece is valid.

MariaJet - Pending

Alter Ego - Accepted: A link one's roleplay post or a copied and pasted piece is valid.

Charon-chan - Pending: Guten Abend.

Light Azumarill - Pending: I see the orange . . .

Barboach - Not Accepted: While your roleplay samply seems fairly nicely written, the rest of your profile feels a little sparse.

-------------

As may be noted above, I judged the sign-ups by the entire profile--that is, including but not exclusive to the roleplay sample.

Being that my computer is currently lacking internet access, I am--at the moment--using my family's computer. Due to the different monitors, however, I now have a headache . . . ^-^;; Thus, I will add my profile later. ::feels guilty::

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Kogenta said:
    + Mika + - Pending: A movelist is not required. And, a link one's roleplay post or a copied and pasted piece is valid.

X3 I like, edited. -nodnod-

Kogenta said:
    I now have a headache . . . ^-^;; Thus, I will add my profile later. ::feels guilty::

D: Awww Kogenta-sempai. Those smell. I have them chronically and they really stink so don't be all guilty feeling. D: Your health comes before your rpness. SO GO REST. >O

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Okies! I added my RP Sample! Ta-da!

I think I'll just change the orange. It's starting to bug me. Perhaps I'll just type in regular ol' black and white this time.

And I agree with Mika. Headaches are no fun. I get them if I stay on the computer too long. Which will probably happen today. ^^;;

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
    I am sorry Kogenta, i changed it up a bit now. The only reason is was sloppy before was because it was like 1:10 in the morning and i was tired. I couldent think straight, i changed it in hope to get in this time. Im new at rping so u might have to correct me in things if i get in. here it is now:
    Name:Magnet (He used to have his real name but changed it because he is a pokemon now.)
    Pokemon:magneton
    Apperance: He looks like any old magneton, except hes orangish silver in colour.
    Personality:His personality is quiet and timid, he liked living on a poke farm with his parents and himself. Before the mutation wave he liked discussing battle tactics with his pokemon, but now hes just a broken heart on a journey all alone...
    History: He liked living his old life, battling other trainers pokemon and helping with the farm, but now the mutation wave has changed him. Most of his family died because of it, He is the only survivor in his family.
    Weapon(s)/Armour: He has learned to weild the electric power like a magneton. Scince hes made of steel he has plenty of armour. He is very skilled in battle tactics, battling other pokemon here and there, but now scince hes a pokemon, he has a hard time battling other mutations. He liked his old life. But now is on a journey.
    Others: He is unusually orangish/silver in colour.
    RP sample: Corbin was just a normal kid, walking on a route full of lush green grass and trees. Then he heard it. Screaming and pokemon howling in pain. He looked back to see a red and white wave heading his way with the sound of electricity. "Uh oh..." Corbin said. "This doesint look good magnet." Magnet was his magneton, he was very loyal and a good companion. Corbin started running away, but he tripped on a rock. Magnet tried to save Corbin from the mysterious wave by sheilding him, But it was unsucessful. Corbin felt himself fuse with Magnet. He lost self-counsiousness. When he woke up he could see trees on fire and weird mutant pokemon on the ground. He looked around and saw that he could float! He had a magnetic feeling, like there was electricity surging through him. This is how his journey began to the tournament.

I am really determined to get in this time, i hope i make it :)

Last edited:

Mail Jeevas

I need a smoke...
    Years
    Can I join too? This RP sounds very interesting :D

Name: Richard

Pokemon: Crobat

Appearance: He wears a blue Tuxedo and has blonde hair. The only thing that changed in him, is that he now has 4 wings and Crobat's fangs.

Personality: He's quiet, but he doesn't hesistate to kill someone that would mean a threat to him. He would do anything to help his friends, even if it costs him his own life.

History: He was at a cave training his Golbat. After a few battle it evolved. He was so happy that his pokémon had finally evolved, that he hugged him. They both shared a very strong bond with each other. When they were leaving the cave, they saw a bunch of pokemons running from something. They looked in the way that those pokémons came from and they felt the Mutation Wave as it pierced their bodies. Richard felt unconscious. When he "woke up" he had a terrible ache in his back. He also felt his new fangs. After a while he reached a conclusion: He had been fused with his buddy, Crobat".

Weapon(s)/Armor: His weapons are his sharp teeths and a Muramasa (Old japanese sword made by a very skilled Blacksmith and with a steel of high quality) sword he retrieved from his mansion.

Other (Optional): Since he's fused with a Crobat, he desires to drink blood, that's why lucklily he discovered a medicine that resents the blood of Crobat in him, making him lose the necesity of drinking blood. If he doesn't take the medicine, you better not be around him...

RP Sample: Richard oredered his Golbat: "Golbat, now use Wing attack!".
    As soon as he commanded, Golbat flapped his wings creating a wave that striked the foe Gloom very hard, sending it flying towards a wall and making it crash against it. "Good job Golbat" Richard said as he aproached to his pokémon. "Huh?!" Said Richard surprised. Golbat was shining with a whitish glow. His pokémon was evolving! "Yeah! You did it pal!" Said Richard as he jumped in joy.
    After he congratulated a few more times his pokémon, they went outside the cave where they were training. They saw a bunch of pokemon as they walked towards Richard's mansion. "What are they running from?" Wondered Richard. He then felt the Mutation Wave piercing through his body. He fell uncoscious to the ground. When he woked up, his buddy was missing, he felt sharp fangs in his mouth and a great ache on his back. He came to the conclusion that he had been fused to his pokemon.

ELGONZO!!!

PS: Here's a sprite of what he looks like ;)
    Mutation Wave

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    + Mika + - Accepted: The "seven" mark on your character's cheek seems reminiscent of Raven from Zoids. Also, yes, Team Rocket has been disbanded.

Charon-chan - Accepted: Whatever you miss during your absence, I believe can be compensated for somehow.

Light Azumarill - Accepted

Barboach - Accepted: If you have any specific questions regarding RPing, feel free to PM me.

MulteonDX - Accepted

I hope I did not miss anyone. ^-^;;

-----------

Name: Io Ganymede
    Pokemon: Skitty
    Appearance: Io's hair is an unkempt dark, solid black broken only by a series of pale, pink highlights located on the front, right portion of his hair. Though having the typical Skitty ears, his eyes are rather different from the characteristic slits. Rather, they are large, cat-like, and rose-coloured--fading to an intense crimson when Io is angered. Io's sleeveless shirt is as dark as his hair, bearing a crimson design of three slash marks across it. His black sweater jacket is partially zipped, the upper edge handing loosely down and falling beneath his shoulders. Over the jacket, a red belt is firmly fastened. When in intense battle, Io may removed the jacket or remove his arms from it to permit more freedom of motion. Io's cargo pants are a basic, khaki colour, though his black tennis shoes stand in stark contrast to them. About Io's neck rests a spiked collar while a Quick Claw hangs from one ear via a chain. And, bound about his left wrist is Silk Scarf. The most distinguishing feature, however, of Io's attire is an odd piece of armor located on his right arm.
    Although lacking a Skitty's tail, Io retains a cat-like balance. And, overall, he has a mostly male, though slightly androgenous appearance.
    Personality: One of the most fitting words for Io is "frusturated". Before the Mutation Wave, he was a bitter, cold, aloof individual--respected and possibly feared by reputation alone. However, the Skitty DNA now infused with him has caused a somewhat "split" of personality. Though he resists the naturally friendly, cheerful nature of his respective Pokemon, he often cannot prevent himself from displaying such characteristics. Unfortunately, though,. these bouts of kindness or enthusiasm merely add to his bitter frustration and anger when he is able to revert to his normal persona and cause him to be easily irritable. Often, in an attempt to suppress any forms of happiness, he will suppress his emotions entirely.
    History: Io's father was a Pokemon scientist, while his mother was a trainer and coordinator. Though it would seem natural for him to inherit his parents' love for Pokemon, he also developed a strong resentment toward them. Completely consumed by their respective occupations and their love for the Pokemon they worked with, Io found himself often neglected. However, as his anger toward Pokemon grew, his liking for them grew as well--creating with him an eternal conflict and further increasing his irritabilty. After a time, Io seemed to hate and resent all things. And, though he had once helped his father in his lab work, on occasion, Io eventually tired of this and ran away. Exactly one month after his departure, Io was struck by the Mutation Wave. Finding himself suddenly more alone then ever, he returned home to learn of the fate of his parents. His mother had died the moment the Mutation Wave had struck. Io's father, however, suffered a different fate. Though now grieving over the loss of his wife, he had become fused with an Alakazam during the Mutation Wave. Using his new intellect, Io's father completely immersed himself in his work--seeking for ways to occupy himself completely. And, though his anger had not subsided, Io also felt some degree of guilt for abandoning his parents. Seeing his father's current condition and also finding his own interests in his father's projects, Io agreed to aid him in his research. The research of Io's father seemed to extend to any region relating to Pokemorphs--armour designed specifically for them, cures for their diseases, specific dietary supplements to increase health, and, foremost, a cure for the Pokemorph condition. A piece of experimental armour created by Io's father is now worn by him--grafted into his flesh and nervous system as a test of efficacy.
    Despite his extensive research, Io's father, unfortunately, died two years after the Mutation Wave struck--his cure incomplete and his life dramativally shortened by both his condition and his grief. Curious to see those who made the cure his father could not, and desiring the cure for himself, Io has come to The Tournament.
    Weapon(s)/Armor: A rather unusual piece of armour runs from Io's shoulder to the back of his hand. A light silver, the armour bears a similar resemblance to the pattern of circuits. Over the silver is raised a smooth layer of substance--a vessel canal, one might consider it--that is usually of a pale, pink colour. Through this "layer" energy is channelled, increasing at whatever point necessary to create a force to counteract any blow dealt to the armour. This applies mostly to physical blows, though it has a limited ability to counter elemental attacks. For major physical blows, the armour must draw directly from Io's energy.
    On his belt, at his side, Io wears a basic, silver coloured dirk with a black leather-bound hilt.
    Other (Optional): Though he often attempts to suppress or hide his emotions, Io's current mood can usually be determined by viewing his ears. Also, being at a natural disadvantage due to his being a Normal type, he often relies on skill and strategy in battle--hence his Silk Scarf and Quick Claw.
    Io's Skitty-gained Cute Charm ability has also caused a number of awkward situations for him. Having an effect on humans, morphs, and Pokemon (though mostly the latter two, and the last one greatest), this ability often causes him to avoid Pokemon.
    RP Sample:

"This is stupid! You all but ignore me for the first fifteen years of my life, then suddenly come to me complaining because I'm not perfect?" Io snapped, his bright blue eyes flashing with an icy rage. "If you throw me away for your sad excuse for a life with these pathetic 'Pokemon', I don't see what's wrong me me returning the favor and ignoring you." Slamming his fist against the wall, Io turned away, his rage unabated even as tears began to edge his mother's eyes.

Even as his mother began to speak, Io cut her off sharply, growling, "I don't want to listen to anything you have to say. If you want to say something, try saying it to your precious Pokemon." Without another word, he dashed down the hall and burst out the front door--leaving his mother as her tears began to flow across her face.

---------

Io stood alone in the forest, flinching as the memory of this fight again burned itself in his mind. Even before I was ten, I started treating her like that . . . And now I'll never be able to say anything to her again. Nothing. Grimacing slightly, the male tightly closed his dull, red eyes and shook his head to clear his thoughts as he attempted to justify himself. Why does it matter? It's only what she deserved. How could she expect me to act any differently? Besides, it's not like she actually cared. If she did care, she would've tried to reach out to me years ago. But no, she wanted to spend all her time with her Pokemon. It's what she wanted, so it shouldn't matter to me at all.

Leaning his head forward and placing one hand against his forehead, Io bit his lip. And, falling back against a moss-overgrown tree, he slowly sank to the ground--dead leaves and forest verdure rustling softly about him. Feeling himself begin to tremble slightly with emotion, though he knew not what emotion it might be, Io raised his knees and dropped his head against them. Lowering his hands to his sides, he tightened his grip about the vines that crossed the forest floor, disregarding the sharp thorns that bit into his palms. For a long moment he remained there--silent, too numb for thought, and too paralyzed for motion.

"Io!"

The youth's head snapped upward and eyes flicked open as he heard his name echoed through the forest. His father was calling him.

"Io!"

The call was sounded again. Releasing his hold of the vines, Io slowly stood. Brushing dirt from himself with the back of one hand, he then checked his palms. The bleeding was minimal. Hoping that the scarlet marks would not be noticed, he started forward as he heard his name called a third time. Biting his lip slightly at the sight of his father standing at a distance, Io felt his cat ears twitch decisively. Whatever I may be feeling, for the moment . . . This is my life.

Last edited:

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
    OCC: The ability my character has inherited is magnet pull, It pulls any pokemon with any steel on them toward me.

Magnet floated down an empty route, mutant pokemon on the ground. Presumably dead. He tried to cry but couldn't. All the sad memories... His mom dieing, then his father. he winced at them. "This is my life now." He thought. He kept going, looking at the trees smoldering, like his anger.

He came up to a town that looked like it was hit by a tornado. He looked at one of the peeling posters on the battered wall. The poster said "Mutation tournament! If you win, you get the antidote to the mutation!" Magnet sent the poster up in flames with a small electric attack. "Its worth a try." He said.

Magnet looked up. He saw a weird skitty morph being called over by a Alakazam morph. "Looks to me like there are more survivor's." He said to himself. He then started floating over in there direction.

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    :: sweatdrop :: Sorry, MariaJet. ^-^;; I did mention you in my first--er, third post, though . . .

MariaJet - Accepted: Gomen-nassai. ::bows repeatedly::

Um, Barboach, there is no need to begin quite yet. ^-^;; The sign-ups are still open, and the actual roleplaying has not quite yet begun . . .

Also, my RP sample occured some time ago. During this storyline, Io's father has already died.

----------------

Tomorrow, I plan to begin the RP. At that time, due to the nature of this RP, sign-ups will close.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back