• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: My Advertisment Idea

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Alright guys. Enough is enough. Leave the poor kid alone. He just had a stupid idea. We've all had one.

But, cooluke21, you have to look at what they are saying. They speak the truth. We get many new members every day, on top of how many we already have. This is possibly the biggest forum on the internet. We don't need real advertising. We just tell our friends, and they tell their friends etc.
    And, there is a very small chance you would get recruited by Nintendo from this.

So, bad idea really, wasn't it?

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    the best advertising we can have is happy members telling their friends, people they know, and others what a great community they are a member of.. and PC is a community.. A community for fans of the Pokemon series (tv, games, manga, tcg, etc). We're not just strictly about Pokemon though that is just the focal point that brings all the users together here.

Wanna help? link to us on you websites, blogs, and social sharing sites.. add a button (use these button images) or use the tools in the "Social Bookmarking" menu to bookmark or tweet your fav thread(s) or post(s). Lots you can do as members here.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    In my opinion, I think the forums are fine as is and don't need some silly campaign in order to draw more members here. :) Plus I think it would just lead to more spam and members who sign up and never go on here, and not to mention the attraction of more trolls and spammers. Eek. x_x;

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    B'aww. Poor guy. He gives an idea for showcasing talents of other members, which can be done in multiple ways, and only gets bitten in the process. :(

In my opinion, one of the prime reasons many people join are for downloading ROM Hacks. Not that many people, until they take the time to look around, notice that there's so much more PC has to offer. It's a shame, too, because those are the boards that are usually looked upon as possibly the most active (as far as talent is concerned) and they're kind of ignored by a lot of people. Like the art gallery. Most people, including myself, just skip that forum and go straight to the graphics forum. But I think that's something that's bound to happen in a forum such as this. Nothing bad there, though, in my opinion, other than talents of other forms of art being ignored and looked upon as "not as good" as others. And in reality, there's so much more talent. Being able to write and dedicate your time to a fan fiction, or even a role play.

I think there could be some ways that the talents of the members can be brought out, but I don't think it would really do anything by doing it at other communities. I actually think that a good way to do that is those notification tables of things to do that new members get. It's really up to the members to take the time to look around, though, after they register.

But like I said, most people just join for one purpose as PC's probably one of the only forums to go to get decent hacks, from what I can tell. Of course, Shiny Gold probably plays a high role in the traffic that PC gets, if I do say so myself.

Anyway, I like this topic. I don't think showcasing talents of members should be used as a way to gain members, but a way to keep them. That'll go about to actually physically advertise on other forums. I don't think we really need that. That usually brings about the whole argument that "Wait... you advertised on our site. We should be able to do the same on yours." and that's really the only way I can see mentioning that we have talented members to be a real impact on the members of other communities becoming members of PC.

Schweppes

Banned
    Years
    Guy: Let's advertise!
    PC elite: NO! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!
    PC elite[2]: YOUR OPINION SUCKS, WHY ARE YOU SPEAKING?!
    Guy: Sorry. ._. Close my thread.
    PC elite: THIS IS A SHITTY IDEA WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?!
    PC elite[3]: {jumps on bandwagon}
    Guy: Oh dear God just close my thread. ;O;
    Abercrombie: tl;dr

Jesus Christ I wish I could bish slap some of you. :( Not such a good idea, let's leave it at that.

Edit - brb, crying myself a river over my red rep bar.

cooluke21

Needing A Project!
    Years
    Okay alot of bad replys and some good ones, Thanks Mizaki, Anxiety, screw the rules, i have green hair (lmao) and Abercrombie. Im not giving up on this idea. I still think some people are missing out. But Abercrombie i didnt mean advertise on forum, i meant post on like youtube or somthing. But ahh oh well back to the drawing board.

Back