• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen My boyfriend wants to buy action replay, what do you think about action replay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Firstly not sure if this is the correct place to post this so I apologise if it's in the wrong place ;)

So my boyfriend has decided that he wants to purchase action replay for his Platinum game.. What do people think of action replay.. is it worth buying?

He also wants to know if you can obtain any pokemon from the National Dex using action replay.

:tired:

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
    Years
  • you can do virtually anything w/ ar but it has a good chance of corrupting your entire ds and anything on/in it :( personally, i wouldnt

Hybrid Theory

Who needs friends? hehe..HAHA
    Years
  • Well you can get pretty much any pokemon with Action Replay. However, I wouldn't trust them for they can tend to glich your game up at times. x.x so if you're going to use one, just be careful what codes you use and such.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • Well if you're looking to cheat, Action Replay is a good choice. I have one myself and its come in handy form time to time with various games.

And yeah you can, two differents means to accomplish this come to mind. one is a cheat that causes Master balls to enter you bag the number is exactly how many Pokemon exist up to 4th gen. to catch your desired Pokemon you descard untill you have that Pokemons dex entrie number as the amount of master balls you have, and it should be the next pokemon you run into in the wild. Least thats how I remmebe rit working, its been a while since I've used it.
    The other means is by using a Pokesav and using it to create the pokemon you want and transferring the cheat file onto you Action Replay...though this I don't really recommend for people new to cheating, as it can be a bit touchy and you could wind up with a bad egg, corrupting your game and such other lovely things.

basically Action Replay is a great cheating device, just before you get too heavy into cheating you may want to do your homework on it and and the cheats you want to use

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    It's only any good if you use it alongside pokesav, and then it becomes a massive timesaver.

Just make sure you keep it legal!

Years
  • Oh ok, thanks for the replies. He says he just wants it to get w/e pokemon he wants.. so I guess it's up to him. I don't think I'd bother using it if it tends to glitch the game up and especially my DSi..

Hmm.. :\

Hybrid Theory

Who needs friends? hehe..HAHA
    Years
  • Oh ok, thanks for the replies. He says he just wants it to get w/e pokemon he wants.. so I guess it's up to him. I don't think I'd bother using it if it tends to glitch the game up and especially my DSi..

Hmm.. :\

I don't think Action Replay works in DSi's.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • If you're going to cheat, AT LEAST do it on an emulator or don't use it to potentially have an advantage over someone online.

Either way.. it's wack. Just play the game it's meant to be.

Years
  • If you're going to cheat, AT LEAST do it on an emulator or don't use it to potentially have an advantage over someone online.

Either way.. it's wack. Just play the game it's meant to be.

Woah there :bandit: lol, not me who wants to do the cheating it's my boyfriend. And I know I prefer to play the game without cheating it's better that way.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    I don't think Action Replay works in DSi's.

Yeah it does let's set this straight now

next: you don't have to use it for cheating you can use it for simple things like checking ivs on pokes you breed instead of waiting for an iv battle, checking evs on pokemon given to you, hatching eggs faster, recieving eggs faster, cloning, max battle points, max money, max of every pokeball (just don't use the cherish balls then you are cheating) any of these are fine and are not cheating

and it doesn't glitch your games If you aren't a complete idiot and know how to use it properly and the main thing is don't hatch bad eggs or you'll get missing no

Last edited:

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I can tell you I've been tempted to get it several times, but ultimately decide against it every time it crosses my mind. I'd personally only use it for, say, cloning purposes, as there isn't really any other reason why I'd want to use it.

If his only concern is to fill his National Pokédex, there are plenty of ways to get credit for them, meaning he'd then be able to use the GTS to find them. If he actually wants every single Pokémon then it's easiest for him to get AR and do it that way.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • You can't use gts untill you've seen the pokemon so no he can't
    You might want to reread what I said.
    there are plenty of ways to get credit for them, meaning he'd then be able to use the GTS to find them.
    Meaning he'd be able to have them recorded in his Pokédex and then be able to search for it in his GTS. You can do this by doing a trade with somebody who has it, they just need to trade the legendary to you, you'll get credit in your Pokédex, and then you trade it back. I did this between my Platinum and SS games with Lugia.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    You might want to reread what I said.

Meaning he'd be able to have them recorded in his Pokédex and then be able to search for it in his GTS. You can do this by doing a trade with somebody who has it, they just need to trade the legendary to you, you'll get credit in your Pokédex, and then you trade it back. I did this between my Platinum and SS games with Lugia.

I read what you said and you are completly wrong. He can not I repeat can not search for pokemon he has not seen and in gts since you set specific guidlines for what you want there is no chance for you to get something random that you don't have

and you need to re read you said if he just wants credit in his dex just use gts if he wants the pokemon AR
    is the way to go.

Last edited:

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I read what you said and you are cometly wrong he can not I repeat can not search for pokemon he has not seen and in gts since you set specific guidlines for what you want there is no chance for you to get something random that you don't have

and you need to re read you said if he just wants to fill his dex just use gts if he wants the pokemon AR is the way to go.
    I...I know he can't search for Pokémon he doesn't have credit for. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying he could find somebody else who does have the Pokémon in question, follow the process I gave, then be able to look for it on the GTS if he wanted his own. Yes, it isn't guaranteed that he'll be able to get that Pokémon, but you run that risk on the GTS no matter what.

So if he's patient and willing to go through that entire process, then he doesn't need AR. If he just wants to easily catch all of them himself without having to worry about the ridiculous requirements on the GTS, then he should get an AR.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    I...I know he can't search for Pokémon he doesn't have credit for. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying he could find somebody else who does have the Pokémon in question, follow the process I gave, then be able to look for it on the GTS if he wanted his own. Yes, it isn't guaranteed that he'll be able to get that Pokémon, but you run that risk on the GTS no matter what.

So if he's patient and willing to go through that entire process, then he doesn't need AR. If he just wants to easily catch all of them himself without having to worry about the ridiculous requirements on the GTS, then he should get an AR.

yeah that isn't what you said in the slightest dude you said gts not find someone with the pokemon then go gts

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I said it right here:
    Meaning he'd be able to have them recorded in his Pokédex and then be able to search for it in his GTS. You can do this by doing a trade with somebody who has it, they just need to trade the legendary to you, you'll get credit in your Pokédex, and then you trade it back.
    Obviously I didn't elaborate on it in my original post.

Either way, OP, without AR your boyfriend will have to go through a lot of trouble to get every Pokémon in the National 'dex.

Ger Japa

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Oh well i think that's a bad idea i dont like cheating i like to run the team and handle the game on my own. Using cheats to play pkm also means that you will soon get bored of it, bcuz everything becomes so easy to do so u got no challenge, no excitement about the game. So i think he shouldnt but it's up 2 him. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back