• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

my facebook friends forgot my birthday……………

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I don't really care.
    Even my father can't remember my birthday. Doesn't bother me haha.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't have any important anniversaries that I expect other people to know. The only important anniversary dates in my life are the dates of the deaths of my loved ones, and those aren't dates that I go around telling people or expecting them to somehow know. The others, like my birthday, and other things like that, I don't care about.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I remind people, because I don't like to set them up for failure. I forget things all the time; it's not a huge deal if people forget things as well. So I make sure to mention it in passing. No one that's close to me really forgets birthdays but I don't think my boyfriend knows when we started dating. I don't really care though, I just like knowing it to know, we don't do anything special or anything.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • As my birthday is the middle of a month with five other birthdays and at least three other special days I do not mind if people forget. but if people forget about my daughter's birthday that's another story for another thread.

Years
  • My birthday isn't usually forgotten since it's on the 1st (of October to be specific) but since my PC Anniversary is around the middle of March I do have to remind people constantly about that.

Forgetting an important anniversary always makes me feel sad.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • No prob because chances are I forgot too. I completely forgot my birthday last year until that evening when I got on Facebook and it had reminded a bunch of people who I never talk to.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • tbh i've trained myself not to expect anything from people but when it comes to something important to me and closest people to me forget about it!.. i feel kinda hurt!

strange how i find congrats from the last persons on earth i expect em to do!!!i feel like..Wow,i never thought they would remember!!

Life is that strange *giggles*

Digital Eevee

Team Digi-Eon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    Usually I drop a subtle hint like "Got my Birthday cake ready for TOMORROW!" or something like that.

.... Note just to save confusion its not actually my Birthday tomorrow.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I think nothing of it; far as I'm concerned, I don't have a birthday. I do think it's a strange culture for mortal creatures to have, that would celebrate such things.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I'm not too bothered unless someone know's it's a special day for me and deliberately tries to ruin it or treats me wrongly on that day.
    I'm a bit like toujours and I like to forewarn people beforehand. For stuff like monthly anniversaries or whatever, I don't care if others remember them as I forget them half the time, but saying "Oh hey, this happened on this day, that's great." Is sorta nice to recall.
    I'm terrible with remembering saint-name days, though.. which my mom finds to be so important and I just guess I don't so it doesn't stick in my memory.
    Anyways, I'm rambling now.

Sirfetch’d

It doesn't bother me because I have forgotten many times before. In fact last week I forgot my best friend's birthday.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't even remember my birthday on the day until someone reminds me so I'd never fault anyone for forgetting it. And since I have trouble remembering specific dates that are important to me personally, I also have trouble remembering others' important dates. I try to keep birthdays of my closest friends and relatives in my calendar so I won't forget but I can be really wishy-washy with dates so I just hope people don't get offended when I don't remember a birthday here and there because I wouldn't judge them if the roles were reversed.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    How do I feel when people forget them? I don't even think they're entitled to know them in the first place. XD; I know Birthdays show up on FB, so of course a few of my FB friends are gonna take three seconds to leave me a message, but I bet only three out of 80 actually knew the date on their own. We always (fandom friends, family etc) wish each other well on Holidays, too, but other than that I can't think of any other dates. /shrug

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I don't really care anymore. A lot of people tell me happy birthday on my facebook anyway so at least I know more people are going to do it this year. It does make me feel pretty good, but I'm rarely on facebook nowadays. Plus I don't really tell people it's my birthday anyway; I told maybe 2-3 people last year about my birthday and a ton of other people found out from facebook.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Friends on FB? You are pretty naive, man =D
    Anways, on topic.
    I don't really care if my friends wish me happy birthday or not, I don't really feel anything special from that day anyways.
    If they do, I thank them and that's all.
    Beside b-day, I don't have important anniversaries.

Guest123_x1

I feel really sad when people close to me, whether they are on Facebook or not, forget my birthday. I had so few people wish me happy birthday on FB in 2011 compared to the year before, that I thought they were all only interested in their own drama (which was a factor in my permanently deactivating my FB account.)

Years
  • I really don't care about birthdays and anniversaries. Only a few people even know when my birthday is so I'm pretty pleased when no one makes a big deal of it, but I bite my tongue when someone does make a big deal of it because even though it's my birthday I've got to acquiesce to their wishes.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • The only people I really feel obligated to remember important events like this are my family and maybe someone that I'm dating. Friends, not so much, as it wouldn't really expect them to have my birthday memorized or an anniversary of some sort.

Back