• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Metagross

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Can't believe nobody suggested the The Compiled Guides Thread.

Anyways, yes Agiligross is the best Set like Anti said earlier, but there's the CB Version as an alternative.

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Trait: Choice Band
    EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Meteor Mash
    - Rock Slide.

ultranerd57

Hello again.
    Years

Anyways, yes Agiligross is the best Set like Anti said earlier, but there's the CB Version as an alternative.

Metagross @ Choice Band
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Meteor Mash
    - Rock Slide.

Actually in my thread Anti was going for choice band Gross. Does this mean he's schizo 0.o

Anti

return of the king
    Years

Because we don't copy movesets from other threads.

I never said that. and if I did it was surely an accident as CBgross packs a far more devestating punch.

Metagross @ Choice Band
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Meteor Mash
    - Rock Slide.

loling at "Trait: Choice Band" :/

and Shiczo? No, I base what I say on actually experience and what better players than myself tell me ;/

ultranerd57

Hello again.
    Years
    loling at "Trait: Choice Band" :/

and Shiczo? No, I base what I say on actually experience and what better players than myself tell me ;/

See told ya =p. And if the better players are on smogon I recently made an account there and they fired down the standard Blissey and told me to go with Calm nature with Toxic/ Protect/ Wish/ Flamethrower =0

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    See told ya =p. And if the better players are on smogon I recently made an account there and they fired down the standard Blissey and told me to go with Calm nature with Toxic/ Protect/ Wish/ Flamethrower =0

Standard blissey works best though. though most all of the ADV RMTers from Smogon are better than me ;) But Bliss can run many sets effectively, though I hate CM Blissey.

But back to metagross, if you want, you can run special agiligross. It gets the Speed AND special attack of rain dance kingdra. Scary :0

Metagross @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 SAtk is all I can remember, probably run standard agiligross EVs only with SAtk EVs insrtead of Atk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Agility
    - Thunderpunch
    - Ice Punch
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Worked pretty well actually ;) Even after the surprise wears off, it's still a rather effective set since it still has good sweeping power. It isn't the best by any means, but it's fun to run.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Yeah, don't let another conversation like that happen in a thread again. 'Kay?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    Standard blissey works best though. though most all of the ADV RMTers from Smogon are better than me ;) But Bliss can run many sets effectively, though I hate CM Blissey.

But back to metagross, if you want, you can run special agiligross. It gets the Speed AND special attack of rain dance kingdra. Scary :0

Metagross @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
    EVs: 252 SAtk is all I can remember, probably run standard agiligross EVs only with SAtk EVs insrtead of Atk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Agility
    - Thunderpunch
    - Ice Punch
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Worked pretty well actually ;) Even after the surprise wears off, it's still a rather effective set since it still has good sweeping power. It isn't the best by any means, but it's fun to run.

I've never heard of that set before.
    Anyway, this is the meta i know of:

Metagross (Agiligross) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Atk / 156 Def / 100 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Agility
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Meteor Mash

Agility up then Meteor Mash or something like that. Very powerful.
    (This is 3rd gen)

Back