• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen My Mom Contacted Nintendo Today...

PochamaPLUS

"PochamaPLUS approves!"
Years
  • She was watching me play, and when I got to Celestia Town (sp?/name?), she saw what the Galaxy guy said about blowing the town up and said it was Terrorist Propaganda...so she called NOA..i was so embarrased.

I'm so mad @ my mom too..but now that i think about it, its kinda funny. What are your views on it?

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • i thought it was strange and a little violent, but then again, there are pokemon that look like bombs that actually do *explode* XD

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • She was watching me play, and when I got to Celestia Town (sp?/name?), she saw what the Galaxy guy said about blowing the town up and said it was Terrorist Propaganda...so she called NOA..i was so embarrased.

I'm so mad @ my mom too..but now that i think about it, its kinda funny. What are your views on it?
    I've seen it in other games like R/S/E. I think it might be too violence.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • >.< Good god... If Team Galactic - the ENEMIES in the game - blow up a lake, then why don't our nation's children all just go out and explode things? Yeah, right. <.<;

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    At least it's not Neo Leafhugging Canadian Propoganda... Imagine the chaos that would cause!

<.< -cough-

You poor child. D: -gathers into arms- Parents can be so whacked at times.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • pahahaa this made me laugh. Did she write to them or call them? And what exactly did they reply???

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Ha, I'd like to hear the replay too. XD I'd hate to be Nintendo's PR for calls like that.

Anyway, I did think it was a little overboard for a Pokemon game when I got to the place, but sicne it is a Pokemon game, I knew nothing would come of it. In most other RPGs with their competent evil societies, the town probably would've blown up right when I got there or just after I left. And it would have been my hometown. But yeah, as soon as you beat the guy, he leaves. It's mostly just showing little kids that justice always prevails or something like that. I don't think it's enough to contact Nintendo or anything. :| Just a game, after all.

Stouph

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • Hahaha! LOL!! If you live in the US don't go around saying there are Terrorists in your Pokémon D/P.. they'll arrest you and hold you for questioning!!! LMAO!!!

Samson

Years
  • It's mostly just showing little kids that justice always prevails or something like that. I don't think it's enough to contact Nintendo or anything. :| Just a game, after all.

true, but you can look at it inversely, and it could also be teaching kids that when you don't get things the way you want, you threaten to kill others or even worse, yourself (which has become more often in pre-teens as well as teens in just the last couple years). also, it can give the impression that bomb threats occur all the time. suddenly, any day you want to have a couple days off of school, you just send anonymous letters threatening to bomb it or shoot it up.

all i'm saying is that with all the given recent events, the situation of a bomb threat posed in a popular game might have a few negative outcomes.

they could've had the same scenario but just not discuss a bomb at all.

Ronin_RedWolf

DarkWolf Clan
    Years
  • I hate to be the one to say this and this is not an attack at the OP's mom directly, but she is acting exactly like the terrorist want her to act. The whole point behind terrorism is to freak people out and to make them paranoid & scared of things they would otherwise not think twice about. By freaking out at even the smallest thing related to terrorism, you are basically saying "You win terrorist. I'm scared now.". You know how to beat terrorists (other than waging a full scale war on them)? You treat their acts the same way you treat a bully's acts. You ignore them. You don't show that they get to you, and you continue on.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I'm sorry, but that's just a tad bit on the..... well stupid side (no offense to your mom. My mom is the same way and if given the chance she would do something like calling up NoA or some other game HQ just because of something in a game).
    It's a game, seeing someone say "I'm going to blow ... up" is a game and won't make a kid go out and blow something up because he/she saw it in a Pokemon game.

I hate to be the one to say this and this is not an attack at the OP's mom directly, but she is acting exactly like the terrorist want her to act. The whole point behind terrorism is to freak people out and to make them paranoid & scared of things they would otherwise not think twice about. By freaking out at even the smallest thing related to terrorism, you are basically saying "You win terrorist. I'm scared now.". You know how to beat terrorists (other than waging a full scale war on them)? You treat their acts the same way you treat a bully's acts. You ignore them. You don't show that they get to you, and you continue on.
    And you hit the nail right on the head. Terrorism isn't all about killing, it's about striking fear in people's hearts. If you got a strange package sitting on your porch/steps, and someone called your house and said "The package at your front door is a bomb" you're going to be on the afraid or at least have the thought cross your mind that it might be a bomb.

I'm not saying Nintendo was trying to freak out a bunch of people, it's a game, and people need to understand the line between real life and games.

Samson

Years
  • I'm not saying Nintendo was trying to freak out a bunch of people, it's a game, and people need to understand the line between real life and games.

bombs are very real. bomb threats are very real.

i find it strange that you can have quite that opinion and yet you ARE an administrator.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    ^Being an admin at PC doesn't have anything to do with bomb threats.

Sure, his/her mother was being cautious, but like Red Wolf said, it's exactly how terrorists expect her to ask. Plus, it's a little too exaggerating, come to think of it, no? I mean, it's a freaking game that uses a top-down style with huge heads and disembodied arms, little creatures that scratch and screech at each other, and we get this reaction?

This is starting to remind me of the grandma looking for a Mario game for her grandson's 360.

n3

Some guy
    Years
  • =\ i dont beleive it because ...well actually i kinda do o.o

from the chat room:

[15:00:11]‹ @bgt › i feel like locking the thread just because of its retardness.

Back