• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Sprites front and back

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    I was going to make a game with these but I don't think I have much free time so I will just make them in the free time I have.
    I tried them out in firered and all the colours work, just the back sprite needs to be moved up or down with what pokemon is covered up.

Flying Pikachu! There will be also a Surfing Pikachu when I make it.
    025.png
    025_b.png

I came across a picture of a blue fin tuna and it look metally and spikey so I got the idea for this one.
    A tuna shark...
    Steel?

Type: Steel/Water
    Thydrill
    Spiked Tuna Pokémon
    tunashark.png
    tunashark_b.png

Ground?

A coati Pokemon.
    Type: Fire/Normal
    Nacelox
    Coatimundi Pokémon.
    coati.png
    coati_b.png

baseballscooper is going to use

An other evolution of Mudkip, water horse. I will make an extra evolution of all starter Pokemon if I have time.

Kelplie, Water Horse Pokémon
    Type: Water/Normal
    0water.png
    0water_b.png

What do you all think?

Hey game developers/ROM hackers you can use these if you want but gave credit. I would love to see them used so don't worry about using them.

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Cool sprites, I like the Coati one. (What's Coati? lol)

This is a coati:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coati

Anyway, because the fakemon haven't been named yet, I'd like to suggest the following:

tunashark.png

Thydrill, the Spiked Tuna Pokémon. The official name of the Northern Bluefin Tuna is Thunnus thynus, and your sprite looks like the bottom could be a drill. That being said, Thydrill could use some dithering and its tail drill should look more like a drill. Also, what's the point of the "glasses" on its nose? Neither fish nor Pokémon should wear corrective lenses. In fact, if they have bad eyesight, they should live with their bad eyesight. You should also change Thydrill's colors so it's not all grey. Even Steel-type Pokémon are varied in their colorings.

coati.png

Nacelox, the Coatimundi Pokémon. This one's really well-done, and you should definetly expand on it.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • I really like the Coati sprite. I have to ask if it was scratched or fusion because its baffling me. Anyways I would love to use it in my game and possibly more of your work if/when you post it.

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
    Years
  • This is a coati:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coati

Anyway, because the fakemon haven't been named yet, I'd like to suggest the following:

tunashark.png

Thydrill, the Spiked Tuna Pokémon. The official name of the Northern Bluefin Tuna is Thunnus thynus, and your sprite looks like the bottom could be a drill. That being said, Thydrill could use some dithering and its tail drill should look more like a drill. Also, what's the point of the "glasses" on its nose? Neither fish nor Pokémon should wear corrective lenses. In fact, if they have bad eyesight, they should live with their bad eyesight. You should also change Thydrill's colors so it's not all grey. Even Steel-type Pokémon are varied in their colorings.

coati.png

Nacelox, the Coatimundi Pokémon. This one's really well-done, and you should definetly expand on it.

Thanks. And good names, IMWT

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    The coati sprite is from Front: fusion with half scratch added aswell, so both; but back sprite of it is all scratch.
    I like that one to so I will make evolutions for it.

The tuna one is all scratch.
    Oh and they are not glasses but to look like them, it could be a nose, part of the mouth or just an extra part to use attacks like water attacks could come out of them or even bits of metal etc.

I like the names you came up with InMoose.

Thanks

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • You're welcome. You should edit the names into the first post, along with any other updates you might have. Even if Thydrill's "glasses" are not meant to be glasses, you should still do something to make them look less like they are. I think it would look better with a normal fish nose.

The picture in your custom signature is hilarious.

Years
  • These sprites are above average-- kudos to you! The Coati especially is awesome-- nice effort of blending Torchic and Vulpix with a clever design. Also, the mudkip evo is sheer brilliance. xD

Suggestion: backsprites usually have light coming from the front. You've got it shaded from the upper-left like a frontsprite, but apparently, the sun relocates every time someone has a Pokemon battle... uh, anyway, if you're trying for official-style, switch the shading about.

Also, I'm not much a fan of your metal tuna thing, both for the glasses/nose thing Moose pointed out and because it simply seems like an uninspired design. :/ Also, it's not shaded like metal, which tends to have higher contrast and reflection and stuff like that-- see Skarmory's D/P sprite, or my sprite here for examples.

Are you working for a fangame yet?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Your sprites look quite nice, I like them. It's great that you take Moose's suggestion for the name of your fakemon. Moose is very knowledgeable in this kind of stuff so you can always turn to him for advice.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    The light source is coming from the wrong direction, it's facing the wrong direction, there are two distracting yet seemingly useless lines towards the bottom, and the shading is unrealistic with a nearly -1 slope on the horizon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    Oh this one I found; I made a really long time ago the colours are wrong and it is big so it is not useable in a hack but could be used as a title sreen or event in a game.
    Or even just used on webpages - I just like it so I posted...
    196916.gif

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Oh this one I found; I made a really long time ago the colours are wrong and it is big so it is not useable in a hack but could be used as a title sreen or event in a game.
    Or even just used on webpages - I just like it so I posted...
    196916.gif

Wow! This is what a Flying Pikachu truly looks like!

The orange balloon (second from left) looks a little uneven.

Years
  • coati.png
    coati_b.png

I LOVE this! Could look like an official Pokemon if it weren't for the fact it's obviously in a Vulpix pose. Practically perfect!

196916.gif
    <-- the shading on the orange balloon looks kinda weird and uneven, but apart from that, it's brilliant. Better than your other flying Pikachu.

0water.png
    0water_b.png
    <-- LOL!! It's very well done and all. but where does a horse fit into the Mudkip evo line??

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    Great name InMoose.
    Thanks again everyone. : )

B. Promise I guess mudkip could evolve into it with a water stone or maybe some special item added in a game to use somehow??

alexomat

Legendary Alexand
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2010
    Wow
    These sprites look very good.
    Im not that good at spriting!:(

killa5384

Raccoon
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2009
    These sprites are awesome , When it comes to like recolouring / Making fakamon , Am i the only one that prefers Ms paint to photoshop?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • 025_b.png
    Is it just me or does Pikachu look a bit chubby? :\ Also, I think the strings around Pikachu would look better a bit higher up, in my opinion.

tunashark_b.png
    Something about the tail really irks me. I think it would look better if it was more at an angle. :)Also, I would get rid of the nose thing. Or make it look a bit more fish-like. The palettes a bit bland as well. :\

coati_b.png
    This is definetely one of you best! The pose looks similar to Vulpix's DP pose (I think) but it's a good pose and it looks excellent. Good job! I especially like the palette and the stripes on its tail, it really fits well together! :D

0water_b.png
    I swear I saw something under fake Pokemon on serebii or something similar to this? Anyway, it looks good. The shading looks nice, but it seems a bit too...'different' to be a Mudkip evolution (IMO.):(

196916.gif
    I prefer this one to the earlier onje by quite a bit! For starters, I love the pose! Pikachu looks so cute :3 Secondly, the anatomy is good as well. I cant see any jagged lines or anything. The only issue is the shading issues on the orange baloon, but thats been already pointed out so...:\ XD

Back