• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My title =P

Keep the title Praetor?

• Total voters

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
  • Sapphire Latios said:
    man, now i wish Preator was pink so you and Dakota could get picked! :P but i dont watch Star Trek and i think Preators a kewl name! :D
    Yea and I wish I was a Admin here (nice blue color) but we dont get everything we want do we? XD

frostweaver said:
    Arcanine... *coughcolor-sexistcough*

Nothing wrong with pink... i just don't like shocking or sharp pink... then again I never liked any color that's sharp... it's as weird as "blue is a guy's color" and etc... the green stands out pretty well among the active member list thingie much like the smods... plus it being green you can tell at a glance that a praetor is on instead of a smod (pink and orange are rather similar)
    Well then im sexist, I dont like the color pink (sorry Dizzy). Hey if Kairi likes pink then get Kwesi to change it to pink. And if thay ask me if I wanted to be a Praetor (still not over that name) then I would say "thanks but no thanks pink is not my color". XD

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
  • I then say, "This, is good..."
    Keep the current name if you like to Kairi, it seems to suit the position anyway:)

Its not really in my place to say but... Color coding aside, I think the new members to the forums would have a hard time distinguishing between moderators and regular members especially when they need help with something. It might be a good idea to at least add mod or admin in there somewhere where everyone can see it.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • any member with special status such as mods do get different colors for their names... i personally think it's enough already, as there's really not much you can do besides that (maybe except writing their name in binary or something crazy like that)

Admins- the lovely blue color that fits so well with the default skin that i use

Praetor (no "s")- a moss green color which stands out very well... which reminds me that I lost my moss green pencil crayon in my pencil crayon set

Super Moderators- the rather dull orange colors that crash right into the blue-ish background i have... but it looks a lot better if Plusle is used (but the Plusle one imho destroys the admin's blue)

Moderators- their names are of a darker blue which looks like it's just bold or something... but still you can tell the difference

it's clear enough or at least to me...

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
  • Well Kairi, now that I know the true meaning of it I do like that name ^_^

btw don't be offended by what I'm going to say next...

When I first saw it I mistakened the name for "Predator", so the name should be really easy to remember. I remember ridiculous things well =P

Alakazam

Banned
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    *gasp* A topic by Kairi. You may actually be surprised this is like my first non-official topic, ever.

?and yet it sort of is. Really, click my profile and choose to look at all the topics I've started.

So?I have this new usergroup or job that no one?s ever had before, and I?m supposed to name it. It?s the super moderator job with some administrator powers to further their ability to work for PC. Any future people who qualify will fall under the same title. So, I came up with this praetor which means
    prae?tor also pre?tor n.
    An annually elected magistrate of the ancient Roman Republic, ranking below but having approximately the same functions as a consul.

Kind of close to what the real job is. Mixed feedback about it, so honestly guys tell me the truth. I know I suck with naming, my children will have to name thierselves.

So, if you do vote you don?t like it, drop me a suggestion? This is a big event that willl etch itself into PC for a long time! Like most things like this, I really like to hear what everybody thinks about it.
    This is not happening. So people stop responding to this topic. You know why this title is messed up? I'm going to reveal Kairi's secret. She is actually an admin, but she doesn't want to have the title because then everyone will hate her. The rule to be an admin here at PC is to own your own site and be a member. Kairi doesn't have that so she threatened to leave PC unless they would make her an admin. So the genious (and I use that term loosely) admins decided "duh, why don't we just give her the same powers as an admin, but not call her one? then no one is the wiser!" Well sorry to blow your cover sweetheart, but you are an admin! Why isn't Arcanine or Lightening an admin? I mean they work their tails off for PC, but they aren't getting considered for the position. Is it because Kairi whined and complained that if she didn't get her way she would throw a tantrum (a la Primeape) and leave? If you haven't noticed, over the past couple weeks I have tried to be the best admin possible, by not starting any fights, while Kairi has been insulting the staff at PC. And what does she get for that? A promotion? While I lose all my powers even though I've been doing a better job than her and I'm willing to help out more! Where is the justice in that!? Kairi has more power than admins! She can edit the styles, the users, anything she wants! Stever takes away my powers without even talking to me first, but I bet they are hard-coding her so that that can't happen to her because they know she doesn't deserve it. Anyway, I talked to Soph about this before she left and she agree completely. In the words of Soph before she left: "I agree completely." This is a complete joke and Kairi should go back to being a super mod at the most. I don't threaten to leave if I don't get my way. The other admins also called me highly unqualified, but how am I suposed to learn if no one will let me? I am trying my best now! I used to own a UBB with over 500 members where I installed tons of hacks! At least I have experience with forums. Anyway, I'll leave you with my New Year's Resolution:

To be more professional and a better admin.

Master Kwesi Nkromah

Hey guys! This isn?t a time to be mad or discouraged; this is a huge undertaking in PC HISTORY! For the first time ever you have been giving the opportunity to make an UNBELIEVABLE IMPACT in your community! :classic: All of the Key administrators (Steve, Ian, Sean and I) met yesterday to discuss how we could make members roles in the community greater. That?s where we drew up the plans for the Praetor Position and who better to model that position than Kairi right? YEA!! :knockedou

Now as you could prolly conclude... These admins we have in our community are crazy busy? we?re talking hella busy! What better way to insure that our community is being saw after than to employee out best people to an organizational position? THIS CAN BE YOU! These guys we promote truly work their tails off for this community; they?re here day and night ensuring that everything goes according to plan AND WE LOVE ?EM FOR IT! Don?t think that this is an impossible position to acquire? people who hold the PRAETOR position just consistently display a towering level of work ethic. We applaud them for that effort!:cool:

Kairi is proudly the first Praetor the community has seen but she won?t be the last. I want to see everyone aspiring to obtain such a prestigious role.

You can do it!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Alakazam... that was rather uncalled for. o_o; I'd like to address where you mentioned Arcanine and I. Kairi does a lot more work than we do (no offense, Andy ;p). She ran the moderator interviews, she gets the mods on topic, and on top of that she's almost always active around PC. I wouldn't even QUALIFY for Preator because I simply don't have the initiative and the activity levels to do it. (Though I'm sure Arcanine will be promoted one day at this rate.) Kairi knows what she's doing and she's extremely mature about it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to go whining about it like that, okay?

Besides... didn't you want me demodded several weeks ago anyway? o_O; What's with the sudden reference to my amazing work?

Alakazam

Banned
    Years
  • Master Kwesi Nkromah said:
    Hey guys! This isn?t a time to be mad or discouraged; this is a huge undertaking in PC HISTORY! For the first time ever you have been giving the opportunity to make an UNBELIEVABLE IMPACT in your community! :classic: All of the Key administrators (Steve, Ian, Sean and I) met yesterday to discuss how we could make members roles in the community greater. That?s where we drew up the plans for the Praetor Position and who better to model that position than Kairi right? YEA!! :knockedou

Now as you could prolly conclude... These admins we have in our community are crazy busy? we?re talking hella busy! What better way to insure that our community is being saw after than to employee out best people to an organizational position? THIS CAN BE YOU! These guys we promote truly work their tails off for this community; they?re here day and night ensuring that everything goes according to plan AND WE LOVE ?EM FOR IT! Don?t think that this is an impossible position to acquire? people who hold the PRAETOR position just consistently display a towering level of work ethic. We applaud them for that effort!:cool:

Kairi is proudly the first Praetor the community has seen but she won?t be the last. I want to see everyone aspiring to obtain such a prestigious role.

You can do it!

You want to know what happened in this magical conversation? I'll tell you! Everyone ganged up on poor Alakazam and threatened to fire me! That's right, I'm all alone in this crual world! *starts crying* It's not fair! Whaa!!! It's not fair, I tell you!!!!!

Now that is what I would call whining Lightening. If I can be serious for a moment. I do not agree with this new position since Kairi nor anyone else can be trusted with such a high level of power. Technically they could mess up Poke Community really bad. Kairi mature? Please! She has been the one whining and complaining that quit and instulting the admins for being lazy. I'm just stating the facts, people! You want to hear a famous quote from Kairi? This was in the so-called super friends meeting between admins and Kairi (why the heck was she there?).

You're a jack@$$, Alakazam! - Kairi

By the way, originally it wasn't censored out like this, but I'm just trying to show everyone who is now in control of everything. I mean look at the direspect! I'm an admin, dang it and I deserve at least some respect. I don't curse her out and she shouldn't do the same thing to me. When I kindly asked for her to say sorry, she said tough luck, I have more powers than you *pulls down eyelid* or something to the effect of that. She is an absolute disagrace to PC and I will not be silenced anymore. I'm just speaking my mind and saying what really happened. Outside of this thread I have been a gentlemen and I will continue to do that since I care about PC so much, but apparently Kwesi, Stever and Ian don't because they are hanging the reigns over to Kairi. I could use tons of malacious words to describe her, but I'll let her actions speak for herself. I don't want to stoop to her level anyway. Hopefully everyone at PC will see the light, but probably not.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Alakazam said:
    You want to know what happened in this magical conversation? I'll tell you! Everyone ganged up on poor Alakazam and threatened to fire me! That's right, I'm all alone in this crual world! *starts crying* It's not fair! Whaa!!! It's not fair, I tell you!!!!!

To be more professional and a better admin.

I don?t see too many professionals who openly cry like that. Better like in the future with your resolution.

Now that is what I would call whining Lightening. If I can be serious for a moment. I do not agree with this new position since Kairi nor anyone else can be trusted with such a high level of power. Technically they could mess up Poke Community really bad. Kairi mature? Please! She has been the one whining and complaining that quit and instulting the admins for being lazy. I'm just stating the facts, people! You want to hear a famous quote from Kairi? This was in the so-called super friends meeting between admins and Kairi (why the heck was she there?).
    You're a jack@$$, Alakazam! ? Kairi

Yeah, except I didn?t have the exclamation mark. You want to know why I said that? You were talking every three seconds not letting anyone else say anything, not listening, going on and on about unrelated things, insulting Steve for not having a credit card, and being?in general?a jackas$.

I am a lot more mature than someone who posts these longs posts trying to bring someone else down because he?s jealous. I didn?t threaten to quit without this job, get your facts strait before you accuse. Even after we had that chat and I was offered that job, I still had planned on quitting. It was my friends and relationships with others that made me come back, and Kwesi wanted to give me this spot so I could help him and the rest of you take care of the Pok?mon Community. Your boundless jealousy furthers your immaturity.

I was there because we were discussing the terms of my new position, and rightfully I needed to have a say. A better question would be why we invited someone who we all had to end up blocking because he was being so obnoxious.

By the way, originally it wasn't censored out like this, but I'm just trying to show everyone who is now in control of everything. I mean look at the direspect! I'm an admin, dang it and I deserve at least some respect. I don't curse her out and she shouldn't do the same thing to me. When I kindly asked for her to say sorry, she said tough luck, I have more powers than you *pulls down eyelid* or something to the effect of that. She is an absolute disagrace to PC and I will not be silenced anymore. I'm just speaking my mind and saying what really happened. Outside of this thread I have been a gentlemen and I will continue to do that since I care about PC so much, but apparently Kwesi, Stever and Ian don't because they are hanging the reigns over to Kairi. I could use tons of malacious words to describe her, but I'll let her actions speak for herself. I don't want to stoop to her level anyway. Hopefully everyone at PC will see the light, but probably not.

I respect Kwesi because, even though he doesn?t have a lot of time to spend on PC, or is into Pok?mon that much anymore, he still knows he created PC and tries to take care of it. That includes making the praetor position so that qualified members can carry on in things he simply can?t do for PC anymore. Your title may say admin, but you do not behave like one. Thus, no respect. I did not say I had more powers than you. The exact quote is:

alakapcc: Haruka303 You're a jackass, Alakazam.

alakapcc: I want an apology

PokePalaceNet: for what

Haruka: I want admin, we can't all have what we want.

Stop defaming my topic, we were all having fun discussing my title until you screwed it up. This is closed, and leave it that way.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Ok im going to have to put a word in. Sean your a Admin and every one knows that but you can not stop Kwesi from making a new rank and putting who he wants in there. You was the only one in there not wanting to make Kairi a higher rank (and yes I saw that chat log with all the Admins and Kairi).

Lightning said:
    I'd like to address where you mentioned Arcanine and I. Kairi does a lot more work than we do (no offense, Andy ;p).
    None taken (to the no offense part), I mean Kairi does do a lot more work then any other staff member here so she is perfect pick for the job.

Alakazam said:
    I do not agree with this new position since Kairi nor anyone else can be trusted with such a high level of power. Technically they could mess up Poke Community really bad.
    Come one its not like every one is going to be made this new rank. Kairi knows more about vB then most members here (the only others I can think of is SA, he has his own vB forums. Kwesi, look around and you will know what im talking about. Steve Ian, works on PC so thay know there way around vB). And if your going to say "no one can be trusted with such a high level of power" then what about you? Steve? Ian? Kwesi ownes the forums so he can do what he wants with it. So what you are saying is S-Mods can have Admin powers even if thay have been here a long time and knows PC like the pack of there hand, but some one that has a site and just joined PC and just got made Admin can be trusted? Sean when some one is made Mod or S-Mod or Preator it goes in trust, every time a Admin logs off and there is another staff member on then you are trusting that staff member to keep PC safe (if its a Mod then keep his/her forum safe).
    Oh and Kairi is not a full Admin. I remember her saying she cant edit member Profiles, and who knows what elce she cant do.
    If it was up to me then Kairi would not be a Preator she would be an Administrator.
    I had to say that, I dont care if you de-Mod me ban me or what ever (im going to stand up for what is right) I had to say that and get that out. So much for me being a yes man (I told you I would do something like this if I neede to).

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • hmm...

I am an S-Mod...but that doesn't mean I'll get this...

Lightning is an S-Mod, that doesn't mean she'll get praetor...

Arcanine is an S-Mod, that doesn't mean he'll get it either...

Honestly Kazam, one S-Mod becomes a handicapped admin and you can't take it? Please man, that's jealousy if I ever saw it. you think that your all high and mighty because your an admin, what have you done with this that kwesi hasn't or can do anyway? Ian and Steve don't seem to do much either, but I have more respect for them than I do you...

Your acting just like Arwen did when she said she wasn't getting the right respect for her being a mod. Can you not handle someone else having more power than you anyways?

Your calling Kairi immature? Good Golly...she calls you one name at one point, I'm surprised she didn't bust open sooner...she handled it a LOT better than you'd handle being an S-Mod against a crazy admin...

Geez...

Come to think of it, if Kairi, Sa, and Kwesi were the admins...they'd prolly do a WAY better job then you 3 and Kwesi alone...

Bai,
    Dakota

Back