• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Wishlist of features for future gens

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTYO

Old Timer
Years
  • Black and White has been a great gaming experience being an old timer revisiting the pokemon world.

But however, Black and white ain't perfect, what kinda of features that could improve gaming experience could be added to future games?

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
    Years
  • My wishlist:

Being able to customize your own character.
    That the game could have more sidequests (Like Johto had with travelling to Kanto)
    Being able to travel to all region (Connected with wish above)
    Maybe being able to customize your own online gym and online badge.

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
  • My wishlist:

Being able to customize your own character.
    That the game could have more sidequests (Like Johto had with travelling to Kanto)
    Being able to travel to all region (Connected with wish above)
    Maybe being able to customize your own online gym and online badge.

all of these plus

• to be able to start from a certain city in a certain regens
    • to be able to go anywhere and not stick to a certain route (e.g. during story mode)
    • and that alll of the past generations features e.g. poffin making, egg spin, pokeathon, contests etc. are in it

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
  • Great! this topic is getting alively...
    I have not been here for several years now.....

Ok one thing I would like to see is more user interaction and more engagement

Sprite animations have improved in Black and white. This one got me hooked on Black and White more than HGSS. Perhaps more can be done?

For example,
    B/W has sleeping animations but I think it could be made more interesting.

For SLP status, the pokemon sprite should be in a sleeping pose.

for PSN status, the pokemon sprite should have an expression of half asleep. It will wince in pain when its HP drops.

For PAR status, the pokemon spirite should have a sleeping pose but a face with X_X eyes.

For CONFUSED status, the Pokemon sprite should be having eyes will @_@, but unlike Spinda, the circles rotate. The Sprite could even move on the floor left to right.

For IN LOVE, The eyes can change to heart eyed.

Pokemon whose HP have dropped to 0 will have eyes with X_X for a few frames before dropping into the floor.

In storywise, the story of a trainer getting a pokedex, and pokemon from a professor is getting old. Perhaps more creative ways can be used for storylines?

Example;
    The Protagonist in his early teens, wakes up in a medical center for humans. He suffers from Amnesia[no increase in Sp. Attack], he has no idea of who he is.

Unlike the usual Pokemon Training route, you will not be given a starter Pokemon but you will have to catch them yourself.

So you, the gamer goes on a journey to find out your past whiling capturing and training Pokemon. You will have a choice to challenge the League or in contests or even become a Ranger or a Gym Leader? How does that work? I am not sure.

You may also have dark ending where you become one of the bad guys. O_O

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • What I'd like to see is a Pokemon game in an entirely urban setting. That is, a game in an enormous city (or even a small one, by real-world standards) the size of a region, because we know that many of the so-called 'cities' in the Pokemon world are barely big enough to count as a village. This city would have Gyms in different parts of the city, and wild Pokemon would be found around the back streets. It would be a lot Darker And Edgier, probably with many Dark- and Poison-type Pokemon lurking around, among others. That would be my ideal - maybe a technologically-advanced city with multiple levels?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Don't mind me, I'm just gonna move this over to Pokemon Gaming Central.

Since it does focus strictly on the Pokemon games, and not the cards / anime.

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
  • A few more things

One more feature I would like to see is the fact of realism in the wild Pokemon levels
    Wild Pokemon levels can range from ridiculously high to only lvl 2. And also only certain routes.

To make this slightly interesting and making training and hunting somewhat addictive, we can have wild Pokemon whose levels range very wildly. But capping it to Lvl 2 to Lvl 30+.

For Example
    Usually in New Bark Town, the Hoot Hoots are usually of Lvl 1 to Lvl 4-5.
    It would be more realistic if say by luck you get a HootHoot in the area that is like Level 17 or more.

Also fainted Pokemon should gain EXP too but only half the amount of EXP compared when they defeat their opponent. An old saying my karate teacher said is that a great Karater falls a lot but gains experiences from falling.

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • But think about it. If you rock out with your level 5 starter and meet a level 17 Hoothoot, what are the odds of actually beating it?

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
  • That is where the part where losing a battle will also mean a gain in experience but lesser than winning a battle.

In real life, we get the most experience not in winning but in losing.

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • But that's going to make the game unmarketable. "Hey kids, want to play a game where you have to lose five hundred times before you can win even once!? Well, we sure think you do!"

You can't release a game that requires losing several times to progress in the story, because losing like that takes no skill. It makes no sense to make it necessary to fail in order to succeed, because that's not what games are about :/ I, for one, would not want to play that particular Pokemon game and I think many here would agree with me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Custom character designs.

Entirely urban setting (no more caves!)

After you become champion, whenever you face the Elite Four again, the fifth trainer is a random trainer (possibly from Victory Road) who challenges you for the title (instead of facing the prior champion again)

Car/Moped/Segway instead of the bike.

Bring back Secret Bases (R/S/E style), contests, the Vs. Seeker. I also liked taqlking with trainers using the Pokegear cell phone, but rematches should still be via Vs. Seeker.

Pidgeotto

Fly Spammer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I really wish some sort of quest system would be implemented. It would give you a lot more options when you sit down, turn the game on and ask: "What should I do today?" Instead of just heading to the next route/Gym.

The graphics engines need a complete overhaul as well. Full 3D game please, no more 2D sprites. With that could also come different camera angles (one lower to the ground, behind your character).

Other stuff mentioned would be nice as well. Customizable characters, make your own Gym, etc.

Getting periodic challenges after becoming the Champion would be great too. They'd get periodically stronger until you face a team all at level 100.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    I really like the idea of no more going to the proffesior getting a pokedex and doing a linear story. I want different yeah you start with nothing no family no nothing.

Or possibly start as a bad guy you pick Rocket, Plasma, Team Magma. And who ever you choose is were you start what region and what pokemon you get from them. Im not sure but I would sure like to be a bad guy and who knows maybe turn good in the end :D

Kendosis

Gym Leader
    Years
  • There should be an airport that allows us to travel to all the regions.

And there should be like fusion pokemon, that would be awesome.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
    • More urban settings in-game.
    • More interactive battlefield (e.g. Can use Thunderbolt on ground)
    • Motorcycle instead of bike.
    • Return of GB Player
    • Even more dynamic battlefield (like TTYO suggested)
    • More technological settings, like Black City
    • Stronger trainers
    • More open-ended game (e.g. can get badges in any order)
    • Make cries sound more like anime cries
    • Full 3-D Graphics
    • NO MORE ELECTRIC RODENTS!!!
    • More story in-game

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
  • -Being able to customize your character. I don't really mind how little the customization is, as long as we can change basic things like hair colors.

-Sidequests. Some repeatable (once a day, once a week, once a month, etc.) some one time only.

-New Pokemon only until you beat the game, then instead of the Pokemon instantly being available they slowly emerge. Like, a week after you beat them 3-5 Pokemon from Hoenn/whatever appear. They wander the region, eventually settling on some place that suits them best. Eventually, at least 1/4 of all the Pokemon from each region will be available. But no legendaries, besides maybe roamers.

-More interactive battlefield in the 3D games, like as seen in the original PBR trailer.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    - A non-linear, or at lest semi non-linear path. In that you are not always on one, straight path that railroads you to wherever you have to go next. And when you do get to a fork in the road, allow the player to choose a path, because I personally get seriously annoyed when I get to a point where there are many paths to take but one path is blocked by a guy whose text can be translated to:

"We don't want you to use this road yet, go on the other road and backtrack here. At that point the path will be open."

- More story-based game. More segments with evil team or whatever you are using to accompany the gym story. Have the gym leaders actually do stuff that matters. (Black and White sort of did this, but some leaders do nothing, and others do very small things.) In fact, have more characters in general do stuff that's important.

- Have the evil team not care about the local legend. Seriously, there must be more than one way to conquer the world. Having it so that the only way that the evil team can actually cause a threat is by obtaining unreasonable power doesn't make them look too tough, or competent. So, in general, if you are going to have an evil team, make them, you know, EVIL! Stop letting them be petty criminals that nobody really cares about.

- More competent evil teams. Do I even have to explain? I mean, how come a single child who just became a trainer take down entire evil teams but the local police, or the government, can't? Also, why does the evil instantly disband once a child beats their leader in a Pokemon battle? Does seeing their leader lose just make them lose the will to live?

And several other things I won't bother writing at the moment.

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
  • -A gym leader that adjust to your team's levels. (So AR users have a blast) ;)
    -Longer game. (Most people are finished within a month.)
    -At least 2 regions.(I liked HG/SS)
    -Mix up the story. (I don't like seeing you and your rival in a house at the start of a game and you have to go to Professor _______'s Lab to choose a starter...)
    -A non-psycho evil team. (Rocket - Corporation just stealing pokemon, Aqua/Magma - Crazed Enviromentalists, Galactic - No fun people, Plasma - Think humans hurt pokemon.)
    -Legendaries with good moves. (Some in previous gens do have that.)
    -More interactive. ( Answering a certain question could change the gym leaders team, etc.)
    -A little more violent. (If the rating changed from E to E10, nobody would care!!)
    -Pokemon cries like anime. (Said before, a pikachu in Diamond sounds nothing like "Pika, Pika, Pikachu")
    -Bigger, better towns. (Like Castelia City, Black City, Opelucid City, Jubilife City, Saffron but bigger, Goldenrod City, etc.)

And lots more.
    -

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
  • -A little more violent. (If the rating changed from E to E10, nobody would care!!)

Wrong.

Some parents would not buy it for their children. You have to remember that Pokemon's main target audience is young children.

E10 may not seem like much to you, but some parents will think "My child is 6 years old! I can't let them play this!"

Pokemon B/W was pushing it in my opinion, especially with the Munna scene. I think that's the most violence we'll ever see beyond Pokemon Special.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • My main wish would be to go back in time a little bit and not rely so damn much on wifi and online gaming to get things like event Pokemon. It's the most annoying thing about new generations of Pokemon. I buy handheld games to play by myself, I don't want to involve the internet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back