• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Wishlist of features for future gens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
  • I would like the Pokemon to be following me again in the next gen. Seriously best thing about HG/SS.
    Vs. Seeker was my favorite item in FR/LG and D/P/Pt. So bring that back.
    The double hotkey on the touch screen seriously why try to change something that awesome. Some peoples A button is a little screwed up (mine for example) from mashing it to get through text.
    A semi auto save. Maybe every 10 or so minutes, at the next point you enter a building or cave, ect. It makes a quick record so if something goes wrong then you don't lose everything.
    Side Quests. Nuff said.
    Multiple Storylines that change depending on your decsions throughout the course of the game. Sure you can start of working for the proffessor but you can easily ditch them to work for team RocAqMagPlasTic just to stab them in the back and rule the world yourself. :D
    Ok maybe not. But still Multiple Storylines. Maybe endings to the story.
    If you play a new game, be able to SKIP TEXT IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PLAYED IT!!!
    Multiple starting points.
    Customisable Avatars.
    Wild pokemon and trainers level up over time. (Yes everyone in the world started their journey at the exact same time as you)
    Reputation. Do a side quest get rep. Rep allows you to do things maybe gets cheaper items from somewhere.
    More TM's, make HM's removeable normally (unless in use like surfing)
    No online gym cause I personally don't think it will work. I mean if everyone has their own gym, you can't leave to challenge someone cause then your gym would be unoccupied.
    Bring back the Battle Frontier. Yes the Subway is good but it's all the same. What no more Castle or Arcade. Only Single, Double and Multi battles.
    Different aims. Maybe I don't want to take on gyms. Maybe I want to be a co-ordinator. (I don't but maybe)

I dunno can't think of any more at the moment so this will do for now.

EDIT: Thought of one.

Difficulties. Beginner for first timers, Regular for people who are familar with the format and gameplay and Hard for EV trainers, IV breeder, ect. and those wanting a challenge. Basically it would be the levels of trainers/wild pokemon and the AI settings will change. Maybe beginner will be 5 lvs less and Hard 10 lvs more

Last edited:

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • 1. Customisable trainers, maybe you could take a picture of yourself and the game could turn it into a sprite.
    2. Using the microphone to actually turn what you say to words. eg. your rival walks up to you and wants to battle, you choose what to say to him instead of the impossible to not say yes yes and no question.
    3. actually KEEPING the title of champion instead of heading home and ___________ keeping the title.
    4. An online ranking list, that would be awesome. You could challenge the No.1 trainer and steal his title.
    5. Online tournaments with special themes eg. A Dragon monotype tournament or a nature themed tournament.
    6. Dating, goes with the E10+ rating idea. If you beat per say..... candice or misty and flirted with them using my idea No.2 they could or could not become your girlfriend ( NOTE: The example is a boy example ) If they did you could battle with them against challengers.
    I've got more, I just can't think of them

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Fixing the battle sprites..They look kinda rushed to me, except for a few movies..And the moves animations tbh to me are crap. Except for a few exceptions.

Make the regions bigger...Also have more gyms :/ 8 is too easy..I like 10 or maybe even 12...Makes it more of a challenge and allows the main story to go on for longer.

Better stories..Nuff said.

BETTER NAMES! I have seriously had to resort to nick naming my pokemon (which I have barely, if ever done before) Since the names on B/W are so crap. Spend more time trying to figure out good names instead of trying to come up with things like triple battling...

Triple battles suck. Havent tried Rotation Battles seeing as I own White..But I mean I dont really need three pokemon on the field at once..Would rather just have more Double battles..In my opinion those are much more fun. Instead, it seems like your trying to top double battles awesomeness and it just isnt happening. I mean, the idea at first was intrigueing..And after I had my first one it was a bit of fun..But after that just got boring having to choose three differnt attack when one of my pokemon just took two out with one move while the other handled the last one..Unneeded..

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
  • Or maybe Pokemon who fall in battle or get defeat can also gain EXP but only 1/2 of what you usually get after you win a battle?

Old wise man said that people gain experience in losing and winning.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • I think it'd be kinda neat to customise your pokemon. I don't mean you'd be able to recolour it, but maybe add some spikes or some clothing....dress it up a bit. Maybe an extra save file?

Also, kinda late, but for getting all the regions, what if they made it so you had to start with a new team for each region? You'd be able to use your old pokemon again later on, but otherwise.... :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    I agree with a lot said on page 2. What I envision is a much more complex game that flows like the anime in a sense. Like you get to meet different NPCs and not just "battle a Team Rocket grunt, save their Pokemon and never see that NPC again" but ongoing interactions with different trainers.

On that note... RANDOM EVENTS!!!

After you play through a game once, every re-run is exactly the same other than the Pokemon team you assemble. I want to be able to interact in more complex ways than just "Click A on NPC. 'I love Pokemon. But I'm not too fond of scary looking ones'." I want to be able to ask them questions, either about themselves, the city/route they are in, etc. I kind of picture it as a mix between Skyrim and the Pokemon Anime. In Skyrim, each character has their own unique programmed things to do, and if you interact with them, that often changes. Maybe after you beat Youngster Joey you can talk to him and decide to work together to train and take on the first Gym Leader. And based on how much you interact he could either lose and stay behind, win and stay behind, or win and continue with you. And it would be up to the character.

And based on the NPCs that you build relationships with, some of them have their own motives, and you could run into some of them on the S.S. Anne, or in a deep cave. They wouldn't just be stationary in certain route, they would be roaming. And you would always have their phone numbers to call and see how they are doing, and it wouldn't just be about their Nidoran, or how they almost caught a Metapod, but they may have hatched an egg and want to share it with you, or beat a Gym Leader, or spotted Entei, or had a team Rocket member steal their Pokemon. Just tons and tons of random events so every time you play the game the possibilities are endless.

I could go on, but the reality that these things will never happen is too upsetting. Also loved the idea up there from a post from last April about diving into water to dodge attacks, or using Thunder Shock on the ground. That's where I see elements from the Anime working in.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Please check post dates before reviving a thread. This particular one hadn't been posted in in nearly a year!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back