• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Myspace

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Really, does anyone have any reasoning for why it should be shut down?

if so please tell

Because theres 29000 sex offenders on there?

Neh, I only use it to stay in contact with my friends. A man added me but I refused. His beard was all scruffy. Eww. I only use it to PM my friends from my old town.

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I have never made a Myspace and this is exactly why.

My sister made one and she got a load of guys add her so I said she was only to talk to her friends if she uses it. She is 14 and some of the people adding her were well into their 30's.

Sex-offenders will always be on sites like that. It makes it a lot easier for them to tlak to women and children. With the addition of being able to put up fake images aswell you don't really know who you are talking to.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    Because theres 29000 sex offenders on there?

Neh, I only use it to stay in contact with my friends. A man added me but I refused. His beard was all scruffy. Eww. I only use it to PM my friends from my old town.

Not a very good reason, there's millions of people, 29k is just a small fraction. Plus, you don't have to accept Friend Requests.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Some people don't use common sense and they end up raped and then killed.

:x Because they think they're in love.
    And you really have no idea, as said above, who you are talking to, as any picture could be put up there. I know a 30 year old guy who was on MySpace as a 14 year old girl and a 16 year old guy to see who would add him. I personally think Myspace should've been closed down awhile ago. Too many problems with people who DON'T use their common sense~

Exeter

Lushless
    Years
    The only part about 29k sex offenders that shocked me was that the number was so low. I was expecting more, to be honest.

It's been said in just about every post in this thread, use common sense and you'll be fine. Just so long as you don't give a stranger your address, city, etc. and/or make a meeting place, nothing should happen. And if you do do that, well, you had it coming.

And for the record, I don't have a MySpace. My cousin made me one once, and I had it deleted within the month. :\

Sal Kar

B.F.S. [Big Friendly Slav]
    Years
    29000 is nothing compared to the millions of people on myspace, thats like 1 out of every like 20 people is a sex offender. and besides, has anyone ever ran into a person saying, hey, meet me in a dark alley? no you haven't, if you have a sense of security then you know not to fall for those kind of people anyways.

That_oneguyxx

Brennan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    well i find it easy to tell the difference between fakes and real people

read their comments- if they're actually talking about things that real people would do together, thats one good sign.
    but look for other things as well

Sal Kar

Years
    i mean, usually its pretty obvious to tell a sex offender, normal people dont just surf myspace looking for good looking people, no. this is why i didnt post a picture of myself, 1) i dont want to get stalked 2) i look ugly anyways.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    It doesn't matter, because people could end up thinking they're in love and lose any common sense they once had. Happened to me.
    Myspace has caused too many problems. People have been raped and killed because of their lack of common sense and that 29k sex offenders.

Sal Kar

Years
    and whos fault is that? myspace? i dont think so, the people are so blind that they lose everything including there sense, and give away there information. these are usually people that don't have a chance in the real world, so they trust these "online dating" or "blind dates" myspace never thought that it would come to inhabit these kind of people, they never did.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    It isn't Myspace's fault. It is that person's. But, that doesn't mean it doesn't make Myspace dangerous, because that person fell in love with the other person on that website.

Sal Kar

Years
    And that comes to my conclusion, people should'nt belevie everbody's profile, they could say there 15, and there a girl, but in reality, there like a 40 year old guy, its the persons own fault for not actually seeing wheter or not it was actually who he/she had fallen in love with.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Myspace should have more security, to ensure their real age or something. Myspace is /dangerous/. That's it. People can easily fall in love on the internet. I've experienced it.

Sal Kar

Years
    So thats what it all comes down to, you think its dangerous just because its happened to you, know i can agree that they should put more security, but i still think its the own persons fault if they get raped/killed.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    No, I've never had a Myspace. I said I've experienced love over the internet, believe it or not, yeah I know, I'm such a crab it's liek impossible for me to have a bf! lolololol!!!

It is not completely that person's fault. It is Myspace's, because that's how them two met, and it is the other person's, because they chose to live that kind of life. And besides, it is not easy to control who you love. :/

Sal Kar

Years
    well, ill just agree with you, seeing as Kimimaro is right, xD you think your a crab, trust me, i dont have a life at all.....

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    [/endrantthen] Cx
    Kimimaro is right. We're adults, we can handle this in a more mature matter :D
    :x
    Still, believe whatever you want, and I'll believe what I want.

Back