• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Name Rival?

diageo11

Aspiring Eevee Trainer
    Years
    Yep Gary for me...

My friend call them stupid stuff like bellend and poopoo.

I called the crystal fellar ??? too :D:D:D

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
    Years
    I named him, exactly, ISSAC in fire red.
    He reminded me of that 'hole in sunday school the last time.

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    I named him "some guy"

it works out in the end, because Lance is saying "and that person is...... 'some guy'!" and "'some guy' wants to battle you!". : )

Last edited:

羨望

のトレーナー
    Years
    i name my rival toru.why because is japanese and is diferent that name hew suposed to have^_^

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2007
    I named my rival Shigeru. Shigeru is the japanese name of Gary, for people that don't know.

Feraligatr19

The DISHI is coming
    Years
    my bro started the game and he named the rival after his imaginary friend so now iI'v got a rival called luke, not remotely intimidating =)

normally though i name them gary, except for in GSC where i named them ash as you have to fight him in silver cave

Last edited:

Dingbat

Cacnea is AWESOME.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Liam after my previously Pokémon obsessed friend.

Ah, for the day when I defeated him on Yellow...

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
    Years
    I always named my rival in the original Red version Gary (unless I was joking around and named him "Jerk,") so I did the same for my FireRed.

As for Crystal, I named my rival Nick because that was the name of this one kid at school that was always being a jerk to me. O_o

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
    I always call him Arnold, because he's a rival of mine irl :) I hate him and I like to beat him with my Pokémon and make myself feel victorious ^^

mikesta

Professional pokemon trainer
    Years
    I always call him Gary in yellow or firered but in Gold i always called him a name that sounds tough like Dustin or Killer

Years
    (This has been going on since pokemon was first released.) But I always call my rival Ponq, when I was little I thought it was funny, but I still kept the habit!

Back