• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2016
    Assuming once you iron out all the bugs, is this pretty much complete?

Just asking cause the one and only thing I've been trying to find on here is a hack with all 721 Pokemon and no really irritating problems. Like, I'm okay with moves glitching, no big deal, that sort of thing is bound to happen, but when you do Fire Blast and it shows the Bone Club animation, that drives me up the wall #LCCoolJ95FIXYOUR721EMERALDHACK!

UPDATE: So far, the hack is amazing. Also, poison doesn't hurt you anymore out of battle, not sure if it was designed that way. Either way, that's nice, I almost lost my Braxian at 1HP, but then I the poison didn't kill me, so YAY!

Poison doesn't hurt you in the overworld just like in new gen games.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    IDK what happened but after A LOT of turns, stealth rock seems to become buggy. It hits the user's pokemon and freezes the game. This happened while I was battling lorelei.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Are the legendary dogs just a one-time encounter? If yes, why did I see a "2nd" raikou when in fact it has unknown area anymore in the pokedex after being caught for the 1st time.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I have another question how do u access cerulean cave because I beat the Admin 5 island and gave celio the sapphire what do I do next the guy is still standing there also where are the honedge

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Hi azurile13! I don't know if this is possible right now but can you make mega evolution work in multiplayer battles?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Seems like the first three island story is somewhat broken. It's still finishable though.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2021
    Aura Sphere never miss , now always miss , fix it plz
    Update :
    + Mewtwo's Psyshock does neutral damage on Keldeo ???

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    thank u!!! working on getting all mega stones atm D:
    Hope it isn't too tedious. Because they were intended to be collected "as you go," not as a dedicated mission.
    Well to be honest I play a 32 MB expanded fire red rom with 1020 slots and it plays perfectly fine on gpsp. So maybe some event you added screwed up compatibility for non VBA emulators?
    Well the thing is that it isn't as though VBA has some special instructions that will fix a broken ROM. I've also been able to play the ROM on OpenEMU and GBA4ios, and that's just me. What I'm saying is that other emulators being able to play it would indicate that there's some specific thing that the emulator you're using doesn't support, not something "screwed up" with the ROM.
    Thanks Azurile it works the respawn item and mons at the grotto but you need time to respawn that.

i see 2 special trainers cameo Serena and Calem

i got 2 megastones medichamite and metagrossite right away

This hack was so Amazing :D
    Not quite "cameos" since they aren't the same characters, just a reference :)
    im using cheat code for catching trainers pokemon
    but suddenly rayquaza has a mega icon but dont have move like dragon ascent instead life orb was equip.
    Good catch. Its because there is no "item" for Rayquaza, I'll fix it.
    wish there was some sort of iv training in game. that's all I use cheat codes for.
    Hmm...at least its better than any regular game :)
    gah i dont remember on which route i found goomy >< any of u noticed where does it rain?
    Swarm Route 12.
    Haha thanks for responding. Yeah, I'm making a note to myself to save more often. And I've gotten back up to the point I was at before, but it was still a bit of a headache. Unfortunately I didn't get the Modest nature Fennekin that I wanted, but after hatching a few eggs I finally got a female one. So I'm content.

Not sure how this happened, but I checked my bag and all of my Key Items disappeared. I can still use my bike, since I registered it to the select button. But apparently the rest of my Key Items are gone (or hiding, I don't know.)

EDIT: False alarm, they spontaneously reappeared.

P.S. When do the Hidden Grottos start appearing? I heard that they were included in the game, so I was in Pewter City and must have checked like every tree twice. But nothing happened.
    Huh. That item thing seems concerning, even if it did reappear. Any others details? I'm hoping it is some error that occurred due to save states, not something that would happen by playing "normally."
    I see someone else pasted where grottos are on the next page.
    Questions:
    1. Are there EV-reducing berries?
    2. Is there an ability capsule?
    You can't get EV-reducing berries in this Alpha.
    Ability Capsule can be bought in Cerulean Cave.
    So on the Fire-type question, I found myself a Litwick and all I want to know is where the Dusk Stone (or whatever) is located and when the best time to evolve it is.

The only Pokemon left that I want on my team is Heracross, but because it's exclusive to Honey trees it'll be a pain to get.
    Good luck! The Kanto Honey trees are a replica of…it was either Platinum of Diamond/Pearl (same rates).
    Anyone know where all the Move Tutors for the colored shards are located? Or free Tutors? Looking to amp up my roster since expert level is fairly difficult. Is there a move relearner tutor before the elite four?
    Free - Viridian Forest, Mt. Moon.
    Yellow: Vermilion City
    Green: Fuchsia City
    Red: Cinnabar Island
    Blue: Victory Road
    Heart Scale: Cerulean Cave

It should be noted that the earlier tutors teach very niche moves which are only tutors for completeness sake. And nope, the relearner is still on Two Island.
    Where's the TM 26 Earthquake , i can't find it , my farvorite moveeeeeeeeeeeee
    One of the trainers in Victory Road has a chance to give it to you when you beat them (you can do this once a day for each trainer).
    I found a bug, the Power Anklet add 4 EV Special Defend not 4 EV speed lol
    Ahh, misordered them. Thanks for noticing.
    Sup, I just want to say I love this hack, even though Brock and Misty kicked my ass for choosing a fire starter, I was waiting for it ever since this topic was made!

Anyway, I found a bug with Aerial Ace (sorry if it was reported already) - a move that is supposed to never miss... never hits. Just never. It always says it misses. At least on Mold Break Hawlucha, haven't tried it with any other mon.
    Thanks. I was worried about Brock if you choose the Fire starter - I would suggest picking up a Nidoran. I posted a fix to the Aerial Ace thing on the previous page if that's annoying to you, otherwise it'll be fixed in the next patch.
    Does anyone know where honedge or duoblade live I want one on my team
    Victory Road.
    Assuming once you iron out all the bugs, is this pretty much complete?

Just asking cause the one and only thing I've been trying to find on here is a hack with all 721 Pokemon and no really irritating problems. Like, I'm okay with moves glitching, no big deal, that sort of thing is bound to happen, but when you do Fire Blast and it shows the Bone Club animation, that drives me up the wall #LCCoolJ95FIXYOUR721EMERALDHACK!

UPDATE: So far, the hack is amazing. Also, poison doesn't hurt you anymore out of battle, not sure if it was designed that way. Either way, that's nice, I almost lost my Braxian at 1HP, but then I the poison didn't kill me, so YAY!

UPDATE 2: By the way, this house cannot be entered. Not like that is an issue or anything, just figured I'd point it out. I'm only interested in a 721+ Pokedex without any broken cries (which I doubt I'd notice unless it was something really out of the ordinary) and without broken moves/stats/animations.

Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]
    Pewter City
    Nah, there's a lot more.
    Wow I can't believe I never noticed that house, haha.
    Thanks for playing!
    IDK what happened but after A LOT of turns, stealth rock seems to become buggy. It hits the user's pokemon and freezes the game. This happened while I was battling lorelei.
    Huh. Okay. I've literally never looked at the hazard system, so this should be a joy to fix.
    Are the legendary dogs just a one-time encounter? If yes, why did I see a "2nd" raikou when in fact it has unknown area anymore in the pokedex after being caught for the 1st time.
    I know that roamers are a pain, so I made them respawn when you defeat the E4, even if you capture them. It isn't "flavorful," but I chose playability on this one.
    Can you change the download into mediafire?Please
    What's wrong with DropBox?
    I have another question how do u access cerulean cave because I beat the Admin 5 island and gave celio the sapphire what do I do next the guy is still standing there also where are the honedge
    You need to beat the Elite Four again for him to move.
    Hi azurile13! I don't know if this is possible right now but can you make mega evolution work in multiplayer battles?
    I didn't write the Mega Evolution code or even look at it thoroughly, so I don't know how difficult this would be.
    This trainer has a cloyster that freezes the game (see two screenshots):
    https://imgur.com/2mXOvz0
    https://imgur.com/5hEuQjx
    I…hmm. Its attacks look normal and it should just have Shell Armor and normal items. What Pokemon did you have?
    Seems like the first three island story is somewhat broken. It's still finishable though.
    What's broken?
    It should be
    Talk to Lostelle's Dad -> Bikers -> Save Lostelle
    (is that not how it is in FireRed/is that not how it was in the hack?)
    Aura Sphere never miss , now always miss , fix it plz
    Update :
    + Mewtwo's Psyshock does neutral damage on Keldeo ???
    I posted a fix to the 100% accuracy fix moves in the last page if you wanted that, otherwise it'll be fixed in the next patch. I checked and Keldeo Resolute is the wrong type, thanks for letting me know.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2018
    it is abit tedious lol,atill havnt got all.of em and started to get doubles,could u do somthin about it?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Its attacks look normal and it should just have Shell Armor and normal items. What Pokemon did you have?
    I tried any of my pokemon while battling him. His cloyster moves first using the "!" move. Maybe one of his moves are broken?
    What's broken?
    It should be
    Talk to Lostelle's Dad -> Bikers -> Save Lostelle
    (is that not how it is in FireRed/is that not how it was in the hack?)
    Yes that's it but before that, I arrived at one island, got the ruby and delivered it to celio. After that, he used the ruby for his system. After rescuing lostelle, I returned to island one and the ruby I gave him was gone and my character gave him the ruby again after I talked to him.

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I tried any of my pokemon while battling him. His cloyster moves first using the "!" move. Maybe one of his moves are broken?

Yes that's it but before that, I arrived at one island, got the ruby (the team rocket guy didn't steal the ruby from me), and delivered it to celio. After that, he used the ruby for his system. After rescuing lostelle, I returned to island one and the ruby I gave him was gone and my character gave him the ruby again after I talked to him.

Talking from the normal FR, you don't get the ruby until you beat the elite four. The ruby is related to the arc concerning the rival of Team Rocket, which is post-game. So either a flag was set by accident, or the national pokedex was given by accident.

FlameShot

Infinite Flames
    Years
    The Recoil damage effect doesn't work on Head Smash or Flare Blitz.Maybe even the other Recoil attacks is also affected by this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    The Recoil damage effect doesn't work on Head Smash or Flare Blitz.Maybe even the other Recoil attacks is also affected by this.

It works on mine. Maybe you have pokemon with rock head or something similar.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    I think there's really a move that is broken. This image's trainer has a tentacruel and a jellicent that used the "!" move like cloyster in the previous images:
    https://imgur.com/Z9ZoPmm

Last edited:
    Back