• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    it is abit tedious lol,atill havnt got all.of em and started to get doubles,could u do somthin about it?
    If you're getting doubles, that means you have them all (in that set). There's the "Kanto" set, and there's the set for Sevii Islands + Cerulean Cave. Note that not all stones are in the game - a few are missing due to missing sprites, most notably the Hoenn starters.
    I tried any of my pokemon while battling him. His cloyster moves first using the "!" move. Maybe one of his moves are broken?

Yes that's it but before that, I arrived at one island, got the ruby and delivered it to celio. After that, he used the ruby for his system. After rescuing lostelle, I returned to island one and the ruby I gave him was gone and my character gave him the ruby again after I talked to him.
    Ahh, fixed. It was reading that trainers data the wrong way. And yeah, it looks like Celio checks the national dex to trigger the Ruby event which I didn't realize and have since fixed.
    Magic Bounce does notthing, I hope you fix it
    Oh. I literally commented it out when testing something and forgot to put it back in =_= fixed.
    The rightest ruins in tanoby ruins freezes the game when I walk/run in the middle part. Here's a screenshot:
    https://imgur.com/LuApaoZ
    Can you confirm that it is only that specific room and occurs roughly 40% of encounters? :| There's incorrect data in the "unown table" and I don't even know how that happened since I didn't ever edit that area of the ROM, but I think this should be fixed.
    Bug report:
    This trainer has a buggy slaking (see the pictures):
    https://imgur.com/5VzJ0kE
    https://imgur.com/pBg7G14
    This is a trainer data thing again, and should be fixed, along with a few others that you may find in the swimmer male class. Thanks for all of the reports, Nuisance.

Years
    Everstone isn't working for me. Every time I hatch an egg it has a different nature, and also where can I find a trapinch?

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2021
    Your hack is awesome, I can't stop play it , I have a question : How to get Draco Meteor move ?

FlameShot

Infinite Flames
    Years
    There's a Wild Pokemon that causes the game to freeze at Bond Bridge. I don't know what Pokemon it is though.

EDIT: The freeze seems to fix itself if I use a different Pokemon besides my Ampharos. I tried using Gardevoir
    and no freezes occured. Tried my Greninja too and no freezes happened again.

EDIT2: The Rival theme stays playing after his script in Four Island is finished. It should stop after the script ends.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Can you confirm that it is only that specific room and occurs roughly 40% of encounters? :| There's incorrect data in the "unown table" and I don't even know how that happened since I didn't ever edit that area of the ROM, but I think this should be fixed.
    Nevermind that, it's a problem with my emulator. I tried it with a different emulator and it's fine.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2016
    During the battle with the team rocket grunt after nugget bridge, it said that zorua's (or zoruark's) elusion faded but the game still showed a noibat

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    I can go up from here (wrong movement permission):
    https://imgur.com/gOKnXLO
    The IV evaluator freezes the game when I let him judge the sp. atk of my greninja or the sp.def of my quagsire. Other pokemons don't freeze the game. I tested a lot of pokemon (I calculated their IVs in an online calculator) and found out that the "0" IV freezes the game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    I was breeding two clefairies: one with 31 IV spdef (given power band) and the other one with 31 IV speed (given power anklet). It passed 31 IV spdef and 31 IV sp atk instead of 31 IV speed.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2016
    Will there be a compilation for where all mega stones are, or if we can "crowdsource" a list where they are?

SonofWiseii

Come on in Heeeeerrrre!
    Years
    Just wanted to dust off this old account so I could post a reply to say that this hack is basically exactly what I've been looking for for a very long time, and I'm excited to see that it's released! That said, I think I'll wait a bit for some of the bugs to be ironed out before giving it a run through. ;) Regardless, very happy to see this hack exist, will be happy to give it a shot some time in the future. Excellent work all around.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2020
    Seed Bomb is blocked by overcoat.
    The text for the book in Celadon (where you got Eevee in vanilla) isn't updated.

Also, could you make a wild location sheet, or is that too tedious?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Just wanted to dust off this old account so I could post a reply to say that this hack is basically exactly what I've been looking for for a very long time, and I'm excited to see that it's released! That said, I think I'll wait a bit for some of the bugs to be ironed out before giving it a run through. ;) Regardless, very happy to see this hack exist, will be happy to give it a shot some time in the future. Excellent work all around.

The same with me. This is the hack that I've been looking for. That's why I'm supporting it :)

Years
    Anyone have a list of where all the TMs/HMs are at? I'm particularly looking for Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, and Giga Drain (evolved my Weepinbell at the wrong level and it still hasn't learned Leaf Blade, I think I missed it :(.), if these moves are even available as TMs. Wasted my money on Game Corner coins to then later find out that those moves aren't there at all, and I'm a bit mad because of it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Everstone isn't working for me. Every time I hatch an egg it has a different nature, and also where can I find a trapinch?
    Hmm, I'll test that on my latest ROM. I've rewritten my pid generator to account for something else since the last release, so hopefully it was that. Trapinch is in Sevault Canyon.
    There's a Wild Pokemon that causes the game to freeze at Bond Bridge. I don't know what Pokemon it is though.

EDIT: The freeze seems to fix itself if I use a different Pokemon besides my Ampharos. I tried using Gardevoir
    and no freezes occured. Tried my Greninja too and no freezes happened again.

EDIT2: The Rival theme stays playing after his script in Four Island is finished. It should stop after the script ends.
    I made a mistake with static and magnet pull - they have a chance of causing an infinite loop if you're unlucky. I've already rewritten it since :)
    During the battle with the team rocket grunt after nugget bridge, it said that zorua's (or zoruark's) elusion faded but the game still showed a noibat
    Hm. Was it only that illusion? Or other instances of Zorua/Zoroark as well?
    I can go up from here (wrong movement permission):
    https://imgur.com/gOKnXLO
    The IV evaluator freezes the game when I let him judge the sp. atk of my greninja or the sp.def of my quagsire. Other pokemons don't freeze the game. I tested a lot of pokemon (I calculated their IVs in an online calculator) and found out that the "0" IV freezes the game.
    Alright, took care of these two :)
    I was breeding two clefairies: one with 31 IV spdef (given power band) and the other one with 31 IV speed (given power anklet). It passed 31 IV spdef and 31 IV sp atk instead of 31 IV speed.
    Yeah I mixed up the order (externally, stats go spatk, spdef, speed, but internally spdef is the last). I've fixed those :)
    Will there be a compilation for where all mega stones are, or if we can "crowdsource" a list where they are?
    There is no "location" because they spawn randomly. There are multiple grottos they can spawn in.
    Thank you for the kind words :) Most of the posted bugs have already been fixed, but more pop up every day :D (thankfully they're slowing down)
    Seed Bomb is blocked by overcoat.
    The text for the book in Celadon (where you got Eevee in vanilla) isn't updated.

Also, could you make a wild location sheet, or is that too tedious?
    Ahh, okay, I read the book. Yeah overcoat stole bulletproof's effects, oops. Fixed. And I do plan to eventually, but fixing bugs is higher on my priority list.
    The same with me. This is the hack that I've been looking for. That's why I'm supporting it :)
    :)
    Anyone have a list of where all the TMs/HMs are at? I'm particularly looking for Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, and Giga Drain (evolved my Weepinbell at the wrong level and it still hasn't learned Leaf Blade, I think I missed it :(.), if these moves are even available as TMs. Wasted my money on Game Corner coins to then later find out that those moves aren't there at all, and I'm a bit mad because of it.
    Those are all gifts from a trainer in Cerulean Cave, except for Giga Drain which iirc is for beating Erika (again). Leaf Blade should be available by level up https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Victreebel_(Pokémon). If you missed it, the move maniac on two island can reteach it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2021
    Sorry for reporting a bug that was mentioned several times earlier, must be pretty tiring seeing the same thing repeated over and over! This hack is all I was ever looking for, so I'm kind of passionate about helping making it even better, haha.

That being said, I don't think anybody said anything about ability Justified? It doesn't seem to work - tested on Hidden Grotto Absol; was hit many times with Night Slash and Crunch. I'm not sure if it doesn't work at all or it just doesn't give any feedback.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    The phone notification when the day care man finds an egg isn't working.
    Btw, is there a new release (bug fixes) soon? The disordered power items are confusing me so I can't create a perfect IV pokemon yet :(

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
    This game looks very good! Are you going to release your data about those form/forme changing Items, like the Reveal Glass and the DNA Splicers, because they look very good.

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    This game looks very good! Are you going to release your data about those form/forme changing Items, like the Reveal Glass and the DNA Splicers, because they look very good.

LCCoolJ95, you going to fix your 721 patch someday?

Like, there are a lot of moves that have the wrong animations and such. Fire Blast does Bone Club animation, so when I was using Braxian, it kept showing Bone Club.

Back