• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    So I used a save file from VBA to bypass the oak event but upon viewing the starter it crashed on my flashcard and gpsp...

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2018
    another thing,healing pulse healing the opponemt is intentional?
    and aerial ace is broken aswell,has like 0 chance to hit,misses everytime

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2019
    Amazing game, thanks a lot for making it!

The pokemon that usually evolve by trade, did you change their evolution method? Like how would I evolve my haunter?

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    Oh, maybe. I didn't realize it would be that difficult because there really aren't many places in Kanto with clumps of trees. I thought if anything it would be the caves.

There's a guy in the six island mart that gives you the Reveal Glass.

it seems like i can't find that guy in six island that gives me the reveal Glass

Sgt. Heracross

I Heracross my heart that I'm better than the rest
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Excuse my venting, I really didn't have anywhere else to try to clear my frustration. Don't click the spoiler tag if you don't wanna hear some guy complaining about a stupid mistake he made playing this game (and also, in no way is this a bug report, just my mistake.)

Spoiler:

FlameShot

Infinite Flames
    Years
  • I have found a glitch here: The unavoidable attacks (Charming Cry,Magical Leaf or maybe even others) effects are glitched. instead of hitting the opponent, It just keeps missing. Also, Charming Cry is a status move on the PSS Icon.
    Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Is there anyone with the multiplayer version for this amazing hack I've played up to route 10 and rock tunnel and there's no stairs for MP if someone has it can they teach it to us or something I really want multiplayer badly

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2019
    Are there any Fire-types aside from Vulpix? I'm doing a "1 Pokemon per Generation" on my team. Right now I have Frogadier, Staravia, and Weepinbell.

I've found Houndour in the patch of grass to the right of Celadon

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2016
    I have found a glitch here: The unavoidable attacks (Charming Cry,Magical Leaf or maybe even others) effects are glitched. instead of hitting the opponent, It just keeps missing. Also, Charming Cry is a status move on the PSS Icon.
    +1, confirmed for Magical Leaf, Aerial Ace, Charming Cry and Feint Attack.

Lord Comquat said:
    Are there any Fire-types aside from Vulpix? I'm doing a "1 Pokemon per Generation" on my team. Right now I have Frogadier, Staravia, and Weepinbell.
    I've found a Pansear early on:
    Spoiler:

azurile13 said:
    There are two other concerning bugs reported that I've tried (and failed) to replicate. If anyone else has experienced them, let me know with any other details so I can try to narrow them down.
    I started a new game with the latest patch and the Hidden Grotto-save-game-reload bug happens still, albeit differently depending on the location (also, I'm not using save states, it happens through normal saving from the menu):
    Spoiler:

Like I said, they are not game breaking; you just have to leave the Grotto and go back in.

ILLUSION (Zorua/Zoroark): If an Egg is in the last slot and Zorua goes first during battle, name changes to Egg and its sprite becomes that of the Pokemon that will eventually hatch from said egg (but with weird colours) - tested with 3 different Nidoran eggs so far. Also, sometimes the back sprite it copies is about 10 pixels up of the original's back sprite (Whirlpede, Nidoran, Smeargle, Ralts, Paras, Digglet...). Works fine with others (Heracross, Flaaffy, Kirlia, Frogadier...).

VIRIDIAN CITY: Other than the bug I reported previously, if you talk to the Old man after getting Oak's Parcel, he gives you the tutorial and clears the way for you to go ahead without getting a Pokedex. Take that, Prof. Oak!

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Is there anyone with the multiplayer version for this amazing hack I've played up to route 10 and rock tunnel and there's no stairs for MP if someone has it can they teach it to us or something I really want multiplayer badly

Message sent :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Oh I see. I switched to the "easy" difficulty then caught a pokemon which entered the PC after being caught. It had no EVs. Nice!
    Removed it for the next version. In the mean time, I suppose you can use the higher difficulties to get illegal Pokemon.
    Nice to see a release or this, but I'm gonna wait for some of the bugs to be fixed before diving into this.
    Good plan v_v
    i rename the nameless fire red project into " Kanto 721 ", i know there is emerald 721 by lc so i name it by myself into that.
    Whatever you want. But I should note that a "721" type of thing was never my "goal."
    So I used a save file from VBA to bypass the oak event but upon viewing the starter it crashed on my flashcard and gpsp...
    Yeah that isn't surprising, since that would also be after the 16mb mark. Another possibility is a palette issue with expanded Pokemon? But I'm not sure what would be emulator specific about that.
    another thing,healing pulse healing the opponemt is intentional?
    and aerial ace is broken aswell,has like 0 chance to hit,misses everytime
    I think thats how Heal Pulse works?
    Yeah I see what happened with Aerial Ace.
    Amazing game, thanks a lot for making it!

The pokemon that usually evolve by trade, did you change their evolution method? Like how would I evolve my haunter?
    Thank you. And they're in the README.
    it seems like i can't find that guy in six island that gives me the reveal Glass
    In the mart. (I think)
    btw,how can u evolve to goodra if theres no area that rains?
    It rains on the route where you can find Goomy in the late afternoon (I think starting at 5) and on certain days. I think I'll widen the time period.
    Excuse my venting, I really didn't have anywhere else to try to clear my frustration. Don't click the spoiler tag if you don't wanna hear some guy complaining about a stupid mistake he made playing this game (and also, in no way is this a bug report, just my mistake.)

Spoiler:
    Ahh sorry to hear that. Yeah save often, especially since people have already found bugs that broke their game (like the Wish bug, which is why I rushed another patch). The nicknames are intentionally rude for the in game trades, haha. Also, Everstone works 100% of the time for passing natures.
    how do i find hidden ability pokemon
    Listed in README.
    I'm loving this game so far, but I have one question. Does the Vs. Seeker not work at all in this game?
    Yeah doesn't appear to be working atm. I think I see what I did.
    I have found a glitch here: The unavoidable attacks (Charming Cry,Magical Leaf or maybe even others) effects are glitched. instead of hitting the opponent, It just keeps missing. Also, Charming Cry is a status move on the PSS Icon.

Sigh v_v
    Of those that others didn't answer, off the top of my head near the beginning, also Fletchling evos, Litwick, and Growlithe.
    I'll have those rooms back in the next patch.
    +1, confirmed for Magical Leaf, Aerial Ace, Charming Cry and Feint Attack.

I've found a Pansear early on:
    Spoiler:

I started a new game with the latest patch and the Hidden Grotto-save-game-reload bug happens still, albeit differently depending on the location (also, I'm not using save states, it happens through normal saving from the menu):
    Spoiler:

Like I said, they are not game breaking; you just have to leave the Grotto and go back in.

ILLUSION (Zorua/Zoroark): If an Egg is in the last slot and Zorua goes first during battle, name changes to Egg and its sprite becomes that of the Pokemon that will eventually hatch from said egg (but with weird colours) - tested with 3 different Nidoran eggs so far. Also, sometimes the back sprite it copies is about 10 pixels up of the original's back sprite (Whirlpede, Nidoran, Smeargle, Ralts, Paras, Digglet...). Works fine with others (Heracross, Flaaffy, Kirlia, Frogadier...).

VIRIDIAN CITY: Other than the bug I reported previously, if you talk to the Old man after getting Oak's Parcel, he gives you the tutorial and clears the way for you to go ahead without getting a Pokedex. Take that, Prof. Oak!
    Okay, I'll have to rewrite the grotto loading. Probably something to do with a variable that was more temporary than I thought.

The egg is a quick fix. I think that the back sprite is their altitude, I must have missed that. It probably has the altitude of Zorua/Zoroark but the backsprite of the copied Pokemon.

Fix one thing, break another!

So yeah, I rushed the patch from yesterday because the Wish and Reveal Glass bugs were probably pretty bad. A chunk of the newly reported bugs have already been fixed, but given that one of my "fixes" from yesterday ended up breaking Aerial Ace, I'll take more time to do check edge cases now that the bugs that literally can cause crashes are hopefully gone. I assume it to be really annoying, so if you desperately want 100% accuracy moves back, it looks like placing
    Code:
    6C 00 60 19 80 00 08 5C
    at 0x01DD88 should do the trick for now. I'm going to work on fixing most of these bugs this weekend, but no promises.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Well to be honest I play a 32 MB expanded fire red rom with 1020 slots and it plays perfectly fine on gpsp. So maybe some event you added screwed up compatibility for non VBA emulators?

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    Thanks Azurile it works the respawn item and mons at the grotto but you need time to respawn that.

i see 2 special trainers cameo Serena and Calem

i got 2 megastones medichamite and metagrossite right away

This hack was so Amazing :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2022
    I have 8 badges but I havent mega bracelet..is normal?

Last edited:
    Back