• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2024
    Just here to report a bug and ask a question.

Bug:

The strength stone disappears when you push it down to the second last hole and so you can't make the "Water Bridge" from one entrace to the other.

imgur[DOT]com/AxOG2bp
    imgur[DOT]com/a/wLU6F

Question:
    Can you tell us all the location and/or what are the new in-game trades?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2021
    Adding to the Justified bug (didn't try Rattled yet), it seems like it works... on fairy type moves. Just got hit by Play Rough on my Absol and the Justified clicked - which is pretty funny in a way.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2016
    Was it only that illusion? Or other instances of Zorua/Zoroark as well?[/QUOTE]
    Can't tell you. So far that was the only battle I've done against them
    I currently have 4 bagdes and already ran into entei. Is that intended? Also, I tried to catch him and wasn't able to keep him in battle with arena trap nor able to paralize him with thunderwave

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Released a new patch. It has a bunch of fixes, the most notable being Aerial Ace has 100% accuracy again. Most of the rest of the changes are listed in the README. The OP isn't very up to date, and I'll get to that, along with a Pokemon locations list.
    Amaura and Tyrunt don't seem to evolve.
    I'm so confused as to where most of the legendaries are--I've only found:

Spoiler:

Is it possible to make the Apricorn guy take more than one apricorn/give you more than one ball? 1 per day is super slow.

Naming Fossils when you pick them up prompts you to name your ???????????. It even has the ? as an icon.
    Amaura & Tyrunt have their normal evolution methods. The time based factor may mean that your emulator doesn't support an RTC? Not all legendaries are obtainable in the first release, as I've said and is stated in the README. Well actually they are, but it will take forever and they only exist as a bonus (with the eggs). The apricorn guy takes all of your apricorns of a color by default. I wanted to do something similar to the HGSS graphic, but idk how to do that type of graphical hacking right now. Fossils thing is fixed.
    Just here to report a bug and ask a question.

Bug:

The strength stone disappears when you push it down to the second last hole and so you can't make the "Water Bridge" from one entrace to the other.

imgur[DOT]com/AxOG2bp
    imgur[DOT]com/a/wLU6F

Question:
    Can you tell us all the location and/or what are the new in-game trades?
    I have no clue how this happened because the specific maps it occurs in haven't been changed. I'll have a look.
    Adding to the Justified bug (didn't try Rattled yet), it seems like it works... on fairy type moves. Just got hit by Play Rough on my Absol and the Justified clicked - which is pretty funny in a way.
    Fixed in latest patch.
    Can't tell you. So far that was the only battle I've done against them
    I currently have 4 bagdes and already ran into entei. Is that intended? Also, I tried to catch him and wasn't able to keep him in battle with arena trap nor able to paralize him with thunderwave
    Yes it can appear at any time after the first badge, but its rarer. Arena Trap - idk, it should behave however it does in the regular game because I didn't change the battlescripts on roamers, I'll have to look. TWave - probably just faster.
    You can buy Honey with 0 Poke.
    Fixed, thanks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2020
    My emulator definitely supports RTC, I evolved Sneasel and Gligar. Amaura and Tyrunt just aren't evolving.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    My emulator definitely supports RTC, I evolved Sneasel and Gligar. Amaura and Tyrunt just aren't evolving.
    After checking bulbapedia, I know what it is. I thought that they required happinesss as well. I thought they were like Espeon/Umbreon but also with a level X requirement. Of course, Ill be correcting this.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    as of 1.02 electric pokemon can still be paralyzed by static/thunder wave etc. in gen VI electric pokemon cannot be paralyzed in any way

also MAJOR BUG game HANGS AT BLACK SCREEN entering pewter gym...
    happens with 1.02 but not 1.01...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Power items doesn't seem to work. I let one of my pokemon hold a power bracer and KO'd 2 poochyena's, which should give me 10 attack EV's, but when I gave my pokemon protein it ate all 10 instead of 9, because they won't consume vitamins at 100 EV of a stat. It only happens on 1.02 but I haven't tried 1.01.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    The Four Island day care old man still insists of giving me the egg even if I said that he should keep it. He still offers me the egg. But if he has multiple eggs, it doesn't have that bug.
    Tailwind freezes in the new patch.
    When I evolved my cleffa, its level was reduced.
    There's still something wrong with the usage of power items on breeding. Gives wrong stat. Btw, I bred two clefaries and got 2 eggs. One had different 31 IV stats compared to the other one. They should have the same 31 IV stats.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2020
    when starting a new game with the new patch the pokemon in the hidden grotto's in viridian forest, route 2, pewter city and Mt Moon are all surskit.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Okay so I got this to work on my PS Vita but was curious were you going to add all legendary Pokemon in game somehow? It said all non legendary were availabile but won't be a 721 hack without every Pokemon. By the way I like a lot of the features, including the challenge system. Good work.

Also I gave my mareep and paras an Oran berry. I never had to use them in battle. I then turned it off and back on and noticed that my mareep was holding a rare candy and paras was holding berry juice. But my fenekin was given a chesto berry but it never changed. O.o

Edit: Walking into the first gym gave me a black screen. No music played. Using VBA.

Last edited:

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    You know... if a patch is down, the least you could do is report on the title or something that the patch is no longer active.

I mean, I get why it is down, since it breaks the game before you even begin it, but still.

Other than that, you're making excellent progress, just kind of which 1.02 didn't break the game and make it unplayable.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    My bad everyone. I pasted the link for the wrong patch. Or to be more accurate, I overwrote the "correct" patch on my Dropbox multiple times after uploading it due to mixing up file names, which is the cause for a lot of the complaints.
    as of 1.02 electric pokemon can still be paralyzed by static/thunder wave etc. in gen VI electric pokemon cannot be paralyzed in any way

also MAJOR BUG game HANGS AT BLACK SCREEN entering pewter gym...
    happens with 1.02 but not 1.01...
    I can say at the very least that on the most recent version I uploaded, I checked and this doesn't happen. I'll look for the actual cause.
    Power items doesn't seem to work. I let one of my pokemon hold a power bracer and KO'd 2 poochyena's, which should give me 10 attack EV's, but when I gave my pokemon protein it ate all 10 instead of 9, because they won't consume vitamins at 100 EV of a stat. It only happens on 1.02 but I haven't tried 1.01.
    I'll look into this.
    The Four Island day care old man still insists of giving me the egg even if I said that he should keep it. He still offers me the egg. But if he has multiple eggs, it doesn't have that bug.
    Tailwind freezes in the new patch.
    When I evolved my cleffa, its level was reduced.
    There's still something wrong with the usage of power items on breeding. Gives wrong stat. Btw, I bred two clefaries and got 2 eggs. One had different 31 IV stats compared to the other one. They should have the same 31 IV stats.
    I'll look at the egg thing.
    Tailwind I didn't even write yet :/ It should be the dollsteak version. I'll check on actual freezing of the game, though.
    Cleffa evolving is fixed, I think even in what's up now (since that's more up to date).
    when starting a new game with the new patch the pokemon in the hidden grotto's in viridian forest, route 2, pewter city and Mt Moon are all surskit.
    I was rewriting the Grottos for the next patch, and that part is one of the things that I accidentally overwrote the old patch with. The older version is back up.
    Okay so I got this to work on my PS Vita but was curious were you going to add all legendary Pokemon in game somehow? It said all non legendary were availabile but won't be a 721 hack without every Pokemon. By the way I like a lot of the features, including the challenge system. Good work.

Also I gave my mareep and paras an Oran berry. I never had to use them in battle. I then turned it off and back on and noticed that my mareep was holding a rare candy and paras was holding berry juice. But my fenekin was given a chesto berry but it never changed. O.o

Edit: Walking into the first gym gave me a black screen. No music played. Using VBA.
    Well, I never said it was a 721 hack to begin with. More legendaries will probably be available in the future, though. Thanks :)
    Any pokemon can pick up an Oran Berry, its just rare. Also, look up GSC Shuckle :) And yeah nothing special about Cheso Berry. The gym thing, as I've said, I'll look into, but it doesn't appear to occur in the current patch thats up. Probably misaligned data.
    You know... if a patch is down, the least you could do is report on the title or something that the patch is no longer active.

I mean, I get why it is down, since it breaks the game before you even begin it, but still.

Other than that, you're making excellent progress, just kind of which 1.02 didn't break the game and make it unplayable.
    See my comments at the top. I didn't just randomly take it down - it was a careless mistake with file names.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I knew about the shuckle holding berry juice, but why did my mareeps oran berry magically turn into a rare candy?

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2016
    I knew about the shuckle holding berry juice, but why did my mareeps oran berry magically turn into a rare candy?

To jump on this, I'll randomly notice some of my Pokemon holding certain items will change upon Evolution. I was never really bothered by it but I assume it's a small, perhaps big bug?

Ex. My Froakie was carrying and Oran Berry, but upon evolving at level 16, it's now holding a Scope Lens.

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    Okay, so I need to ask this cause I don't think I've asked it before and I don't see an answer anywhere else, but if this isn't a 721 hack... how many Pokemon are in it exactly?

Is it essentially 720+, but not all 720+ are catchable and some have to be... I'm guessing, hacked in or something?

Just curious cause on the main page it says "All pokemon are obtainable with ease except legendaries", so I'm guessing Gen I to VI are obtainable, but legendaries are kind of that "one time ordeal" or not at all situation?

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    mega metagross is a bit smaller than metagross

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Any Pokemon holding an Oran Berry can change it into a Berry Juice, any Pokemon holding a Berry Juice can turn it into a Rare Candy. They all have that Shuckle characteristic.
    To jump on this, I'll randomly notice some of my Pokemon holding certain items will change upon Evolution. I was never really bothered by it but I assume it's a small, perhaps big bug?

Ex. My Froakie was carrying and Oran Berry, but upon evolving at level 16, it's now holding a Scope Lens.
    This, on the other hand, would definitely be a bug. I'll try to replicate it and figure out what the cause of it is.
    Okay, so I need to ask this cause I don't think I've asked it before and I don't see an answer anywhere else, but if this isn't a 721 hack... how many Pokemon are in it exactly?

Is it essentially 720+, but not all 720+ are catchable and some have to be... I'm guessing, hacked in or something?

Just curious cause on the main page it says "All pokemon are obtainable with ease except legendaries", so I'm guessing Gen I to VI are obtainable, but legendaries are kind of that "one time ordeal" or not at all situation?
    Everything except legendaries can be obtained with relative ease (some are harder than others, of course). The reason I say to pretend legendaries don't exist is that they can technically all be obtained by beating the E4, it will take a really long time to get them all, and if you make that a goal, you'll probably just end up frustrated. I didn't want them to feel "forced" (like how ORAS has those ten million Hoopa portals) so I simply didn't give them all overworld battles.
    mega metagross is a bit smaller than metagross
    Yeah, I can't sprite, and that was the only sprite I could find. There are a few other sprites that don't fit with MrDollSteak's thread's requirements like Mega Tyranitar and Mega Gyarados off the top of my head. They're mostly "placeholders," because without those sprites, they wouldn't be in the game at all.

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    Any Pokemon holding an Oran Berry can change it into a Berry Juice, any Pokemon holding a Berry Juice can turn it into a Rare Candy. They all have that Shuckle characteristic.This, on the other hand, would definitely be a bug. I'll try to replicate it and figure out what the cause of it is.Everything except legendaries can be obtained with relative ease (some are harder than others, of course). The reason I say to pretend legendaries don't exist is that they can technically all be obtained by beating the E4, it will take a really long time to get them all, and if you make that a goal, you'll probably just end up frustrated. I didn't want them to feel "forced" (like how ORAS has those ten million Hoopa portals) so I simply didn't give them all overworld battles.Yeah, I can't sprite, and that was the only sprite I could find. There are a few other sprites that don't fit with MrDollSteak's thread's requirements like Mega Tyranitar and Mega Gyarados off the top of my head. They're mostly "placeholders," because without those sprites, they wouldn't be in the game at all.

Thank you for clarifying all of this, keep up the good work, don't push yourself too hard, and thank you so much for one of the BEST hacks on here. Finally, a 721+ hack that is pretty much completed (save for a few minor things here and there).

I'm curious if you'll somehow be able to scrap this and say, I don't know, apply it to Emerald next or something. I mean, don't get me wrong, LCCoolJ95 already has one for Emerald, but it is so obnoxiously broken, it makes the game not as fun. From what I've seen so far, I mean... my god, it has built in Nuzlocke, built in EXP Sharing (like from Gen 6), difficulty booster, and more... like, my god... the only thing that is even close to being as exciting as this hack/patch is the "Pokemon Adventure - Red Chapter" by Aethestode.

Once you two get your hacks 100% (for the most part) completed, I seriously doubt I'll play anything else (until someone ends up making a Gen I to VII hack, or something even more insane).

But yeah, thanks again, don't push yourself too hard, and I hope you have a great life!

Back