• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Names you'll be using in Pokemon Versions X & Y

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Wow, koff~

More replies than I thought I'd see. I forgot about naming rivals. Shoot. If I had to, I'd name him Chugah, after Anton Chugah in No Country for Old Men "His name is Sugar?". So it'd be Coffee and Cream and Chugah. Plus it rounds out the count at three Cs. I think I'd also try my hand at nicknaming all of my Pokemon based on coffee related items and puns: Brewer, Philter, Grinder, Roasty, etc. It'll be a challenge but I'm up for it. I cannot wait for these games to come out, koffi~
    It's certainly going to be fun to see you try to complete the regional Pokedex xD

Shattered

Sableye
    Years
    I'm going to call my character Bieber, catch only female Pokemon and name them all "13 year old".

But really, I'll just wing it on the day.. Impulsive decisions usually work out well for me and I'm getting both X and Y so I have room for 'trial and error'.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Pokemon Y for me and I'll name myself Rilenceny (Usually Rilence but since N was shown I just have to add him in, as well as my own real name Yang which is "y" at the back).

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I'm buying both X and Y so I get to use 2 names. Usually, I just was boring and used the name of the version as my character. Naming the characters "X" or "Y" sound very strange, so I'll probably use the name "Andrew" for my male character (X) and "Morrigan" for my female in Y.

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
    I've always used my real name, Bart, but decided on using a different name for White 2, because otherwise the Memory Link wouldn't make sense: Brutus. I'd like to continue this trend in X and Y, and of course future games. For X I'll go with the name Beau, because it's French, it starts with a B like Bart and Brutus and it means beautiful, which could tie in into the theme/story of these games.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    Definitely getting Serena but I'm naming her my real name which is Megan. I've always named my trainer's name Megan.

I just love Serena's design and dislike Calem's so why would I be the boy? Plus, I've always played as my gender so with Serena being as cute as she is, I'd never dream of being a boy!

I'm excited to see what kinds of custom designs you can do in the game. I'll probably change her hair colour to match mine but I'm not sure of her outfit. The colours match nice already! But I may switch a few around to make her unique.~

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2013
    in x I will use kingdom hearts related nicknames for my pokemon, with my character being named luxord, since he's numer 10 in the org. x being roman numeral 10

y I will use different anime character names for pokemon. don't know which one will be my name in it yet

Years
    I'll be getting Pokémon Y, and probably name my character Chrom, after the Fire Emblem character. I know it's not a terribly original name, but he's one of my favorite characters.

Years
    Wow, koff~

More replies than I thought I'd see. I forgot about naming rivals. Shoot. If I had to, I'd name him Chugah, after Anton Chugah in No Country for Old Men "His name is Sugar?". So it'd be Coffee and Cream and Chugah. Plus it rounds out the count at three Cs. I think I'd also try my hand at nicknaming all of my Pokemon based on coffee related items and puns: Brewer, Philter, Grinder, Roasty, etc. It'll be a challenge but I'm up for it. I cannot wait for these games to come out, koffi~

PHILTER, I love it, haha.

I have more names for you:
    Brewster, Sweety, Amaretto, Hazel(nut), Cocoa, Java, Arabica, Kahlua, Venti, Barista, Aroma, Mocha, Vanilla/Nila, Noisette, Carmelo, Machiatto, and, of course, JOE.

I hate seeing your coffee references, I am sort of an addict trying to cut-down in caffeine consumption! ;p

Ohh, and now my nicknames for pokemon

Spoiler:

Last edited:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    I'm going to call my character Bieber, catch only female Pokemon and name them all "13 year old".

This is one of the better laughs. I commend you on the ingenuity that you utilized on creating on of the most despised Pokemon Trainers out there, koff~

PHILTER, I love it, haha.

I have more names for you:
    Brewster, Sweety, Amaretto, Hazel(nut), Cocoa, Java, Arabica, Kahlua, Venti, Barista, Aroma, Mocha, Vanilla/Nila, Noisette, Carmelo, Machiatto, and, of course, JOE.

I hate seeing your coffee references, I am sort of an addict trying to cut-down in caffeine consumption! ;p

Ohh, and now my nicknames for pokemon

Spoiler:

Thanks for the ideas, but I think I got this my friend. I'm always up for a challenge of word play. Thank you for your input, however. I will keep it in mind if I ever get stuck, koffi~

Years
    Getting Pokemon Y because Yveltal is a beast. Naming my character Kevin, seeing as that's my name (nope it's not will or bill I promise). Actually, I seem to always name the characters after myself must be because I have a perfect name

Anyways, I do suck at nicknaming Pokemon so wish me good luck with having an epiphany and naming a Pokemon with a real hardcore fitting name.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I finally figured out what I'm doing.
    Jacrad . It phonetically sounds like a name and will produce only MissingNo. if used with the Old Man Glitch. MissingNo. is a big part of why I love Pokemon, even if it's not around anymore.

This'll be the first game where I nickname my Pokemon. Normally I just don't bother. I'll be naming as many as I can after their beta names. I'll be naming several Pokemon after PokeGods.

Also CoffeeDrink. I know you like coming up with names yourself, but If you catch an arbok you should name it:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    I finally figured out what I'm doing.
    Jacrad . It phonetically sounds like a name and will produce only MissingNo. if used with the Old Man Glitch. MissingNo. is a big part of why I love Pokemon, even if it's not around anymore.

This'll be the first game where I nickname my Pokemon. Normally I just don't bother. I'll be naming as many as I can after their beta names. I'll be naming several Pokemon after PokeGods.

Also CoffeeDrink. I know you like coming up with names yourself, but If you catch an arbok you should name it:
    Spoiler:

No, that should be the name for a Sawsbuck :p

Back