• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Names you'll be using in Pokemon Versions X & Y

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
  • I named my Rival Beowulf last time. This time maybe Gilgamesh... if I get enough Letters.

Must catch a Talonflame just to Re-Name it Flarrow.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    This is possible the first time I dunno if I want to use my usual names for my male and female characters...I'll probably stick to Xander and Krys for my characters...I just don't know.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I'm going to choose the male character, and name him Shrew. X version, and I might name my rival after my sister, just because the rival reminds me of her a little bit.

Typhon

'sup
    Years
  • Since I'm getting both; I'll probably name myself Xavier or something. I'm not really creative with names. :( Since I'll be choosing a female on the other game, I'll probably go for something like Alice. I don't really fuss about choosing names, but if I accidentally choose a lower-case one I will restart :P

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I'm boring... I always use the character's actual name. So I'll be using the girl character named Serena.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    Thinking of 3 names so far: Para, ParaV3 and Jacques. I don't really know which one to go with, although I am tempted to go with Jacques for a change of pace.

If I do play as the opposite gender I may do a search through behindthename.com and just select a name with a meaning I like.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    All depends on what gender I pick. I'll most likely pick the male and name him Joey (my real name) but if I pick the girl, I always use Summer as the name. I'll be getting X version, and I'm sure Y soon after... Well, either Y or the 3rd installment of 6th generation.

Years
  • Whenever I have played a Pokemon game, I usually my first name, middle name, or a name that I like or have a connection with.

For this generation, I kind of want to use a different name but I might stick with using my first name since it is of French origin.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I'm not sure what game I'll get, but I'm going to make my character a girl named Casey, like always, like me :3

Years
  • I'm thinking of naming my character Aria because I think it's a cute name. My character has always had a different name in each and every game and I've never used my own name because I don't like it, lol.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I'm thinking of naming my character Aria because I think it's a cute name. My character has always had a different name in each and every game and I've never used my own name because I don't like it, lol.

Now I'm curious, koff~

What is your real name? I'm sure it's not that bad. If it was something like Vel Hulga the Brutest, then I might wonder. Actually, that sounds like a pretty cool warrior name. Do you have a warrior name? I don't have a warrior name. Hm, should I guess what your name is, koffi~

Years
  • I will be the boy and naming it James as that's my name, if you can name your rival then I would name her Nea because I have a close friend with that name who is movng to America and it is unlikely I will see her many times (if ever) again

Years
  • Now I'm curious, koff~

What is your real name? I'm sure it's not that bad. If it was something like Vel Hulga the Brutest, then I might wonder. Actually, that sounds like a pretty cool warrior name. Do you have a warrior name? I don't have a warrior name. Hm, should I guess what your name is, koffi~

Lol, I wish I had a cool warrior name...it's Laken but spelled differently. I also don't like the spelling of my name. Haha.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
    Years
  • I'll most likely name my character some variation of my first name, either Jamie or James. It's not exactly creative to use my actual name but I always feel more immersed in the game when I use it.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Lol, I wish I had a cool warrior name...it's Laken but spelled differently. I also don't like the spelling of my name. Haha.

Laken, koff~

I wish you just spelled it how it was. My name does not fit me. I hate it so much. It doesn't fit and it's typically viewed as an Hispanic name, and I'm not Hispanic. People talk to me in Spanish for it and as soon as I have some extra cash I'm going to change it. It is a name that doesn't even fit me. It's the Yiddish word for Ruby and means Behold, a son in Hebrew. I'm not exactly sure to what I'd change it to, but it should be changed. How is your name pronounced? Anyway, I like your name over mine, koffi~

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I lack imagination, so I usually name my characters after anime or manga characters, but since I called my character in Black 2 "Serena" (sorry, but that meatball-head hairstyle of hers demanded it) I'll be venturing off the beaten path this time around.

The male characters of the last three games have been practically identical and it's boring, so I'll be playing as a girl again. At the moment, I'm favoring "Xelha" because I like how it sounds, and it fits with the whole "X" thing...chances are I'll be naming the rest of my team after Baten Kaitos characters as well if I go with that.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • I've used Arabic names for my player character since Diamond. (In Sapphire, my first game, I named the player character James. Diamond was my second game.) When I get Y, I'm going to play as a boy; I've played as a boy in every game I had except Platinum (where I chose the girl - I named her Karima).

I'm naming my character Zaki, after myself. (I did that in Diamond too. In Black, I named my character Irfan, while in Black 2 I named my character Sultan.)

HUF_DBC

I am going to get pokemon y and name myself Danno (my nickname) as I have always done.

Back