• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

natural disasters

which natural disaster do you think is the most frightning for you

• Total voters

Tobi-kun

All hail Tobi, Our master
    Years
    well as the title says natural disaster, you can talk about natural disasters like if you have been in one or more of these disasters you can talk about how scary they were and other things about the natural disasters

if other natural disasters is not in the vote poll just pm me and ill add to this list at the bottom

Droughts #___
    Mudslides #____
    Rockslides#_____
    Blizzards#______
    Avalanches# 1

Last edited:

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I've been through a minor earthquake before. And that wasn't that scary. It didn't do anything. XD I've gone through a hurricane too. A tree fell, that was all. The other three are the scariest. Considering what happened to Pompei... A Volcano is one of the worst. Plus a Tsunami, that must be terrifying. I've gone through rotation before, but never a tornado. All of those are the scariest. Plus considering that I don't have a basement, it's pretty scary. I'd never want to go through anything like that. It's terrifying.

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Gee, I honestly have no idea which one is the scariest o__o
    They all seem to be pretty destructive to me.
    And I never faced one of them before, so I can't talk about 'experience' neither :/

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    It really depends on the intensity of the natural disaster, doesn't it? The Super Volcano in Yellowstone going off would be pretty scary, especially since I live within its range. But at least we would have a couple hours of warning to either get out of the city or seal the doors so that the ash doesn't get in.

A tornado would be scary too, but of course it would depend on the intensity. Plus I don't live anywhere near where a tornado is a serious danger. Where I live lightning strikes are the most common form of death by weather. But there was the tornado in Salt Lake City eight or nine years ago... you never know.

Tobi-kun

All hail Tobi, Our master
    Years
    for me it would be a tsunami and a category 5 hurricane because a tsunami can make a town be underwater like atlantis and it could destroy lots of homes. i live in san antonio which is kind of close to the gulf of mexico and the tsunami can really go far. and a hurricane because just about 3 days ago there was a hurricane south of texas with tornadoes too. and there was alot of rain and a bit of pieces of my roof fell. so thatsw why a tsunami and hurricane are the one i fear most

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Other.

I fear avalanches most. Being burried under snow that's as hard as conrete once it settles is not fun.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Other.

I fear avalanches most. Being burried under snow that's as hard as conrete once it settles is not fun.

Ah, the notion being buried and dug up posthumously only to be buried again is eerie.

You're actually missing alot of natural disasters.

Droughts.
    Mudslides.
    Rockslides.
    Blizzards.

And my favorite, lake overturns, where carbon dioxide escapes from a lake and suffocates everything.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    well, all of them are really scary in a way, but i'd have to say a tsunami.
    A 20-40 foot wall of water going at extreme speeds will hurt a lot.
    That, and, i can't swim.
    A volcanic eruption is really slow if you are far enough from the volcano.
    sure its extremely hot, but its also extremely slow.
    i won't have to worry about tornadoes because the part of St.Louis i live in has few tornadoes, none that i could see(and i live on the top of a hill!).
    An earthquake can bury people alive, which is extremely frightening, but rarely happens,although there was one here when i was asleep.
    hurricanes, from what i heard, are not that scary unless you get close enough to a window or door.
    and as for avalanches, they aren't as natural as they seem to be.
    Isn't it only caused by sudden,loud noises?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    well, all of them are really scary in a way, but i'd have to say a tsunami.
    A 20-40 foot wall of water going at extreme speeds will hurt a lot.
    That, and, i can't swim.
    A volcanic eruption is really slow if you are far enough from the volcano.
    sure its extremely hot, but its also extremely slow.
    i won't have to worry about tornadoes because the part of St.Louis i live in has few tornadoes, none that i could see(and i live on the top of a hill!).
    An earthquake can bury people alive, which is extremely frightening, but rarely happens,although there was one here when i was asleep.
    hurricanes, from what i heard, are not that scary unless you get close enough to a window or door.
    and as for avalanches, they aren't as natural as they seem to be.
    Isn't it only caused by sudden,loud noises?

You severely underestimate the heat of lava. Even when it's in its aa (partially solid) form, it's still very dangerous to go anywhere near it. You can stand maybe within a foot of it if it's a really small drop, but you'll start sweating in no time.

Besides, the lava isn't the part of the eruption that you should worry about. It's the millions of shrapnel bits that are ejected from the top of the volcano. The soot can also suffocate you if it's concentrated enough.

Avalanches can be caused naturally.

No one is scared of having a lake overturn on them? I would be pretty scared if all the air around me was displaced with carbon dioxide.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Yeah, disagree with that. Just because you're inside doesn't mean the hurricane can't touch you. ._.; But I agree with the window part, because you're not there to see it cause destruction.

A mega tsunami (*cough* The island of La Palma *cough*) seems to be the scariest natural disaster for me, due to my location. I've been in hurricanes before, rough stuff, but being at the beach with water suddenly going back into the ocean and knowing a wave at incredible heights and speeds with nothing you can really do... That's not my cup of tea. I've been beat up my regular waves before, but a tsunami? (Mega even) That just annihilates. o_o; So, if there is any natural disaster I hope never happens, it's a mega tsunami.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Seeing as I have experienced none I can't really say, I think it would be equally scary to be in any of them

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I voted for tornado, however; I believe I'm starting to have second thoughts after reading some of your posts. Having lived through a tornado, I know what kind of a fright it can give you. The darn things are so sporatic and you get so little time in which to prepare! Let's face it, if a tornado occurs at 3:30 in the morning, virtually everyone in that area is in grave danger... no pun intended. Sure, they sound off alarms when there is a threat of one, but you can't really hear one of those things if you live out in the country. :\

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
    Years
    Well, I probably live in the most naturally safe place in the world because we either never get any or we get pathetic attempts.

I've only experienced three in my life; a hurricane, earthquake and a volcano. The hurricane was the leftovers of one that hit America and it lost all its power crossing the Atlantic so it just a slight breeze. The earthquake was some light shaking, that was fun. The volcano, Mt Etna to be precise when I was on holiday it started smoking and everyone thought it was going to erupt, it did but only a small bit of lava came out so it wasn't a proper eruption. So I'd say that the most frightening for me is the volcano because it can incinerate things, for example our tour guide's hat.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Well, I probably live in the most naturally safe place in the world because we either never get any or we get pathetic attempts.

I've only experienced three in my life; a hurricane, earthquake and a volcano.

Well, burningfoot, I probably live in a safer place than you do because I haven't experienced any natural disasters. The tornado in Salt Lake City a few years ago was near where I live, but by the time I heard about it, the thing was already out of my area. So I'm not really going to put tornado on my list.

I live on a faultline, in the blast radius of the largest volcano in the world, surrounded by mountains but I have never been in an avalanche, maybe I'm just lucky. :/

Back