• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NBA Thread

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Yeah, it was a pretty pathetic loss for the Spurs, there's no excuse for the way they played, they just weren't in the game at all and the Suns were in peak form due to the pressure of the game. I don't think the Suns are going to be able to keep it up though, especially not back on home court with the Spurs.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Astinus: Ginobili FTW.
    Oh yes. <3

Just found out that the Spurs won over the Suns, even though the third quarter wasn't looking too good for the Spurs. But hey...they still won, and are off to face the Hornets.

Kaz.

CELTICS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS!
    Years
    Orlando Magic - 72
    Detroit Pistons - 91
    Detroit Leads Series 1-0

San Antonio Spurs - 82
    New Orleans Hornets - 101
    New Orleans Leads Series 1-0

Boston Celtics - 99
    Atlanta Hawks - 65
    Celtics Advance to the 2nd Round with a 4-3 Series Win

LA Lakers - 109
    Utah Jazz - 98
    LA Lakers Lead Series 1-0

Nice except for San Antonio and Orlando. :(

Last edited:

Kaz.

Years
    I don't get it.

Aaaaand here's the standings so far:

Detroid leads Orlando 3-1
    New Orleans leads San Antonio 2-1
    Boston leads Cleveland 2-0
    Los Angeles leads Utah 2-1

LA went 6-1 in the Play-offs last night. 4-0 against the Nuggets and 2 wins over the Utah Jazz. They lost their first game in the playoffs against Utah. That's so sad.

Detroit's 90-89 win over Orlando today was luck. Nothing but it.

Last edited:

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    LA lost again.. :)

Hopefully New Orleans can win tonight too.

Kaz.

Years
    So far, we have:

Orlando - 1
    -----------------------Detroit
    Detroit - 4

-------------------------vs.

Cleveland - 3
    -----------------------Boston
    Boston - 4

New Orleans - 3
    --------------------------------San Antonio
    San Antonio - 4

-------------------------------------vs.

Utah - 2
    --------------------------------Los Angeles
    LA - 4

Not bad, at all. SA will have a VERY tough time though.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Oh I hope soooo much that it's not Detroit and San Antonio in the Finals again. That series a couple years ago was quite possibly one of the most boring series that I have ever seen in my life. Give me LA and Boston, they play a much more watchable style.

Oh and GO KNICKS in the lottery tonight!!

Kaz.

Years
    Detroit - 0
    Boston - 1

San Antonio - 0
    LA Lakers - 1

I swear, San Antonio had that game. It was 65-45 in the middle of the third with Spurs in the lead. Then at the end of the 3rd, Lakers went on a 14-0 run and made it 72-65 with Spurs still in the lead. Lakers' first lead came with one minute left in the game, and that was 87-85, and they ended up winning by 4. 89-85 is the final score, and that pissed me off.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    After receiving much grief at work because I'm the only Spurs fan there, I'm glad that they won tonight over the Lakers. Finally, I can say that my team is good and supposed to be in the play-offs.

So the Lakers lead over the Spurs by one game (2-1). I'm hoping for a win for my team. *gestures to her Spurs championship shirt, hat, and jersey* And I'm glad that Manu was able to play on that ankle of his.

I'll just be glad if they get into the finals.

Celtics also managed a win over the Pistons. I'm glad about that as well.

Kaz.

Years
    Lakers - 93
    Spurs - 91

I swear, that last shot made by Barry deserved three free throws. I hate those freaking referees.

Barker

Years
    Too bad on that shot, yes.

Either way, the Lakers are in. Hopefully the Pistons can grind out a few games and beat Boston.

Kaz.

Years
    Whoever wins between Boston and Detroit, I'm going for them. I can not stand the Lakers.

Barker

Years
    I'm going for the Pistons mostly, then it doesn't really matter. The Lakers beat my Jazz, which gets me bitter, and my Suns are gone. The Celtics are a Boston team.

Boston. :tired:

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Ding dong the Spurs are dead! (and hopefully their dynasty too)

I'm going for Boston from here on out, I always liked Ray Allen and KG and I hope they get their title.

Barker

Years
    Well, there goes that idea. Celtics/Lakers. I guess.. I'd have to go for Boston anyway. KG deserves a ring, and honestly, I'm going to get tired of the Lakers in the coming years. They're going to be good a while.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Lakers - 93
    Spurs - 91

I swear, that last shot made by Barry deserved three free throws. I hate those freaking referees.
    I know. The Spurs community I'm a member of on LJ complained about those refs.

Ding dong the Spurs are dead! (and hopefully their dynasty too)
    They'll be back better than before next year. One of the reasons they didn't do well against the Lakers, aside from the refs being biased, was because Manu Ginobili's ankle was bothering him, so he couldn't play as well. As I recall correctly from the last summer Olympics, Manu and the Argentina basketball team won the gold medal. (I'm a Manu fan. Can't you tell?)

Now I really don't care who wins between the Pistons or the Celtics. I am leaning more towards the Celtics to get the people at work to shut up.

Back