• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Netis complete Guide to the Region Map (FR/LG)

Years
    • Age 31
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I have attempted this a ridiculous amount of times and can't make it work to save myself =( I was wondering, from the section where you have to destroy your tileset and then make it all up again into one picture - say you just wanted to use the same worldmap tileset FR uses, is there a way to just rearrange them rather than editing palettes and inserting tiles etc? Also, can the Sevii worldmaps be edited as well?

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • I have attempted this a ridiculous amount of times and can't make it work to save myself =( I was wondering, from the section where you have to destroy your tileset and then make it all up again into one picture - say you just wanted to use the same worldmap tileset FR uses, is there a way to just rearrange them rather than editing palettes and inserting tiles etc? Also, can the Sevii worldmaps be edited as well?

I'm pretty sure the Sevii islands can be edited as well, but I don't know the offsets for them...

For the tilesets/tilemaps: There is an easier way to make them, but I haven't read that tutorial yet. As soon as I have understood it I will update this tutorial.
    Read it here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=298030

Also, yeah you can just use the FR/LG tileset. Just skip the part where you insert your own tileset... But you will still have to rearrange the tiles and make your own tilemap.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    Actually my colors are from D/P i think... So you can use them of course ;)
    Finished my map using your colors about a week ago, I think it looks good if I do say so myself. Thanks for the tutorial. :)

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Dec 21, 2019
    First of all, this tutorial is incredible!! I've tried to follow a few tutorials, but this is the only one that could help me edit the world map. I only have a litte problem with the 4th map (Sevii islands 6+7):
    I've inserted my tileset and tilemap succesfully, which you can see in AdvanceMap, but when I open the fly-menu in VBA it shows some plain green tiles in the lower right corner. Here's a link so you can see what I mean: ht tp://i6 1.tinyp ic.co m/j7tcmf.png (remove spaces as I'm not allowed to post links). It looks great in AdvanceMap so I don't know what the problem is. I hope you know what the problem is, or how to fix this.
    Thanks in advance

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • I'm glad I could help! About your problem:
    Reread the section about "Inserting the tilemap". I had problems with an ugly rectangle as well and the steps described in that section fixed the problem for me.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Dec 21, 2019
    Well, I appreciate that you're trying to help me, but I've followed every step exactly and it still doesn't work. My map(.raw) is 1216 bytes long so I don't think thats the problem. And I've inserted 3 other maps (the Kanto and the first 5 islands) following your tutorial and those are looking great. Also in AMap there seems to be no problem. Any idea?

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • I actually have no experience in editing other maps than the Kanto Map. I don't even know how to do that :D If you could enlighten me, that would be great.
    But I have no idea what could be the problem with your map :/

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Dec 21, 2019
    I was looking at the original map of the Sevii islands and then noticed that on Birth Island is located there. So if the player has the Aurora Ticket the map is displayed correctly. The same applies to Navel Rock but I didn't notice that.
    Posting this here in case somebody has a similar problem.

tanjeeschuan

Newbie Rom Hacker
    Years
    • Age 20
    • Seen May 30, 2017
    Here's the download link for Sphere RMP : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw-4UFVty4u1eXdnR1l4dFJuRWM

What you want to do is open the editor in the zip file, then click File>Import>image to map. It should show 'file successfully converted"(or something like that), then go to the location of the converted file and use the editor to open it. There should be two windows, one with the tilemap and another with the tileset. Take a snapshot of the screen with the tileset and cut it out that's your tileset.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 13, 2020
    All of the tutorials I have found on this are confusing or have broken pictures and this is very complicated. Is there anyone out there who can do this who would be willing to put your name on an epic rom? We have almost everything up to 7th gen incorporated but this world map editing is giving us a lot of trouble.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • All of the tutorials I have found on this are confusing or have broken pictures and this is very complicated. Is there anyone out there who can do this who would be willing to put your name on an epic rom? We have almost everything up to 7th gen incorporated but this world map editing is giving us a lot of trouble.

Hi FairInHeight,

the images are missing due to the fact that this is a 6 year old thread and I have switched my personal server on which they were hosted in between. Unfortunately, I cannot find the images on my hard drive to reupload them. If I should do so, I will notify you.

Anyway, I could help you out and try to answer all of your questions regarding this topic. But as others pointed out, there is a tool called Sphere RMP which helps a lot in editing the world map, which I did not know about when I created this tutorial. Since then, I have not edited a world map, therefore I have not worked with this tool. You might want to check this out. If you have any specific questions regarding my tutorial just pm me, I will try to answer all your questions. But keep in mind: I have not been romhacking since probably 6 years. My knowledge might be a bit rusty ;)

Edit: Dug a lil deeper and found the images, they are back online now.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So I followed your tutorial and there is an issue I seem to be the only one to have since I didn't see any coment about it.
    Advanced Map 1.92 does not support expanded roms (32mb) and I put my new world map in the expanded area, and as far as I know AM 1.92 is the only program that has a world map editor to repoint cities, routes, caves etc...

I am getting errors like :
    Found WelkarteMap3 ($0C035C) position is not a pointer

But in fact it is, it ends with 09 instead of 08 because this is expanded...

Anyone has a solution for this ?

Back