• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Never Hit a Girl"

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
Years
  • So... if you defend yourself, but you wouldn't be brutally killed by NOT defending yourself, you should be dead?

I think that, just because girls are "weaker" (OLOOK, I'M SEXIST. And there's nothing you can do about it!) doesn't give them a free right to slap everyone.

I walk up to a wrestler and punch him in the face. I am weaker.

He punches me back, he's an oppressive scumball.

My logic is correct because you are discriminating against the weak if you disagree with me, making you a violent hatemonger.

Making you evil.

Therefore, I win, because you are evil.

And if you are evil and support the strong oppressing the weak, you go against the very values of America!

I may be able to listen to you insult men, but I will NOT sit here and listen to your badmouthing of America!

*Walks out of court room humming America the Beautiful*

COME ON, DELTAS.

Years
  • @ Patchisou Yutohru: Thanks for your input, I will reflect. As of now, I can't really think of anything to reply with.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • There's a finely drawn line between "defending yourself" and "beating the living hell out of someone."

In the sense that I was struck first, I'd probably try and find another way to avoid a conflict, like run away rather than hit her.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I'm more or less a pacifist, I prefer to use wit and words to take out my anger than hitting someone, but I especially don't hit women. I'm not one of those people who say "Oh, but women are weaker than men, so it's many times worse if you hit them!!!!", I believe that women are just as strong as men and sometimes stronger. I simply don't hit women because it's breaking a strong moral code inside me, I don't have reasoning for this code; I just do. I mean, a little punch on the shoulder as part of a joke is okay, but not actual violence.

Of course, there is a limit. If it was a Kill Bill situation, where some crazy psycho woman is trying to kill her and she won't take words for an answer, I'd be forced to defend myself. Of course, I'd try to subdue the woman instead of stooping down to the level and killing her, but thats a given.

Overall, I just try not to resort to violence at all.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Hmm, I was just reading something about this the other day

When is it OK to punch your wife?

The jist of the article basically is that yes, in the case of self-defence, we legally and morally have the right to hit a woman. It only makes sense if it's the only way you can stop an attack on yourself

But as the article goes on to point out, this is a load of crap when it comes to the real world. Men shouldn't hit a woman not because it's wrong to do so, but because in the end they will get completely screwed over by the law which surprise, surprise, does not treat men and women equally.

[jq]In Sacramento, California David Woods's wife Ruth took their young daughters outside in 39 degree temperatures, for seven hours, till their lips were blue and they were borderline hypothermic. After she returned, Woods argued with his wife about her actions, till she grabbed a serrated kitchen knife and stabbed at him. The blade passed through the collar of his shirt and actually gave him a small nick in the flesh of his neck. Apparently unsatisfied, she reared back to stab him again, but this time he hit her in the mouth. She dropped the knife and ran to call 911. Sacramento Sheriffs Deputies arrived at the scene to intervene, drew their guns, and slapped cuffs- on Mr. Woods.

They were preparing to take him to jail, over his protests, but it was the daughters, who insisted that the deputies listen to them (they sure as hell were not listening to him), that finally prevented them from taking their father to jail and leaving them alone with the disturbed and violent mother.

But, they did not take the mother anywhere either. They released Woods from his handcuffs advised him to get her to counseling.

After the incident Woods was quoted as saying, "Now, isn't that strange? When she had a fat lip it was a felony and I was going to jail. But when they finally realized she tried to stab me in the neck, it stopped being a crime and became a mental health issue."[/jq]

It's crap like this that makes me despise feminism - femnazis want all the perks of equality without accepting any of the negatives sides to it (i.e. superiority, not equality).

But even if I found that argument to be sufficient, it's still further proof that there is a double standard; just like the double standard this topic is about. If it weren't for the fact that the majority of the ocean is filled with sharks who don't know how to treat anyone - specifically women, let alone themselves, with respect, I doubt this would even be a problem. Considering the majority of crimes reported regarding domestic violence throughout history, it's easy to see that a majority of men generally don't respect women. Hell, thanks to the idiots out there, men even have their own mascot clothing to do it in! I hear wife beaters are all the rage.

There is no double standard - men and women are just different. In regards to your earlier comments regarding promiscuity, I have two things to say.

1. A **** is a woman who acts like a man - seriously, think about it. This is why men can't be ****s.
    2. A key that can open many locks is known as a master key, but a lock that can be opened by many keys is just a crappy lock ;).

Your mention of domestic violence is amusing, not because of the fashion joke you made, but because despite all such advances in "equality", men still get abused, men still get mocked for being victims of abuse, there is barely any mainstream recognition of such abuses, there are no safe houses for men like there are women, and finally, men are still demonised (as you just did). If you read the start of my post you'll see just what can happen to men who are victims of domestic violence. Heck, Tiger Wood's ex-wife was cheered on when she attacked him - what would have happened to him if he even dared to defend himself?

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Ehh...

Let's not get into domestic violence, okay?

That... tends to be a sore spot for me.

Because, unless he is being attacked, a husband has no right to hit his wife. Ever. Period. EVER.

Sorry. That's...

Yeah.

Moving on from domestic violence, then...

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • whats with society these days??!?? real men never hit women. NEVER. unless they are robbing you or pointing at you with a gun there should be no reason to hit a lady. Those who hit a lady are the lowest part of humanity.
    so yes, if you hit a woman with no reason or becaue she just slapped you or called you something you dont deserve to be called aman, you should be dead.
    Eh... no offense, but if hitting a woman is really THAT terrible to you then you need to look at the big picture because there are far worse crimes. I wouldn't hit a man without expecting to be hit back. It's common sense and I find it insulting to be put up on a pedestal like that. :/

CounterattackDreamer

Impetuous and silly
    Years
  • Can't we just all agree that abuse of any kind regardless of gender is bad!? Why do we have to argue about which gender is less fortunate or receives more abuse? The point of this isn't how awful women are; it is of the unfairness of the rule of women not being hit back. On the flipside, this is also not about how terrible men are if they fight back.

I find any "rule" besides the GOLDEN RULE to be absolutely ridiculous. Treat others how you want to be treated. If you get slapped, don't slap back -- that's breaking the golden rule! Instead, do the proper thing and defend yourself without harming the other person. It can be done! And if it gets serious enough, call the police.

I do agree that men being arrested for hitting a woman back when they've nearly been killed by said woman is bad, but honestly, the same thing applies with women, transgendered, whatever. It doesn't matter -- people should not by any means assault people regardless of the situation, gender, whatever. And singling out a gender, whether it be men or women, for crimes that some men or women did is also inexcusable.

Treat others how you want to be treated. Remember it, guys. You should treat anyone with proper respect -- not just women. At the same time, men should not be blaming women of being high-strung for simply following social laws that have been defined by men in history. It simply isn't fair, you guys.

I'm sorry for the rant, but it has to be said. I'm hearing so many varied arguments about "oh, I really have to hit back" or "oh, men abuse isn't publicized" or whatever. (By the way, if men abuse wasn't publicized then you wouldn't know about it, now would you? Unless, of course, you yourself were abused, in which case I sincerely feel for you for having to endure such a thing. Abuse of any kind is awful.) I just have to agree with the first post on not spilling blood. Just don't do it, regardless if you're the first or the last.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • Just grab her hand and hold them down, now what can she do? You can easily place her into submission without having to strike her.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • This, is like my third time trying to post this >!< I thought it went through the second time, unless it was deleted...

So I said: What about equal rights? Surely men can hit women back, in retaliation or even as a joke, like play fights. But no-one should hit out of anger, it's wrong. Though I'm guilty :\

Fyreflies

Blazin' trails through Kanto
    Years
  • I hate this because I hate gender stereotypes and traditions in general. They've troubled me my entire life, and will continue to.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • My stance on this is simple, one should never strike a woman unless she struck you without provocation and you didn't do something to her to warrant it.

Naturally, if you really were an ******* or class 'A' jerk, then you deserve to be slapped once. This is especially true if you have ever raised a hand to her! That's right, the mere act of preparing to hit a woman gives her every right to hit you once, and there's nothing you can do about it!

Of course this also applies to playful hitting...though I'm sure you should be aware of when she's just hitting you to be playful. Girls don't often resort to violence, so more often than not, you probably deserved it. Still, if you didn't do anything and she failed to yell at you first if she's mad at you, then you aren't wrong in hitting her back once if you don't cripple her or break bones or draw blood. Slapping her back is the best way to show intolerance of her violence towards you. Punching is discouraged, but can be used in extreme situations, such as when she punches you.

To women: Of course this means the free pass ends after the first slap/hit! If you slap a guy more than once within a 24-hour period then he has every right to attack you back to defend himself in any way he deems necessary.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • ...within a 24 hour period?

I got hit in the stomach for making a passing comment to a guy who was able to take it as the joke it was.

Then, I walk up to one girl in the band...

*WHAM*

Right in the stomach, and, as her friends tell me, I really can't do a thing about it.

Because she was ticked, and I happened to be in her sights.

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
    Years
  • If anyone, regardless of gender, attacks you, you are entitled to self defense. That's what the law states and that's what it'll be. O:

I don't know why gender has to be brought into issues like self defense. The creator of the saying "Boys cannot hit girls" is a little sexist. xP

@ Shanghai Alice - I think you should hit her back. Boys and girls are equal, yo. Not doing anything will only make her get bolder. And personally, I wouldn't hit a guy without expecting to be hit back ~

Last edited:

DreamQueen

I'm gonna rock your billy
    Years
  • Men are actually more abused in relationships than females.

I'd post the link but I'm restricted from doing this because I don't have 15 posts, apparently *shrug*
    Google REFERENCES EXAMINING ASSAULTS BY WOMEN ON THEIR SPOUSES OR MALE PARTNERS: AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY however, and you'll find it.

I say if the girl hits you, hit her back. What else would she expect? You to apologise for getting in the way of her fists?
    Smack her just as hard as she hit you

Back