• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Never trusting a Ditto from the GTS again...

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Share your GTS stories here (:

Traded a plain old Pikachu I migrated from FireRed for a Japanese Ditto. I was honestly more amused than I was annoyed when I read the location: Faraway Place. Could you imagine traveling the Distortion World only to find a Ditto had been impersonating Giratina?

Anywho, share your GTS stories. With all the hacks running around these days, I'm sure you have them. xD

EDIT: Apparently I failed to take Pokemon from XD into account; A few quick Google searches led me to believe Faraway Place = the Distortion World. Regardless, carry on with your stories anyway. (:

Last edited:

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Traded a plain old Pikachu I migrated from FireRed for a Japanese Ditto. I was honestly more amused than I was annoyed when I read the location: Faraway Place. Could you imagine traveling the Distortion World only to find a Ditto had been impersonating Giratina?

Anywho, share your GTS stories. With all the hacks running around these days, I'm sure you have them. xD

It's actually supossed to say that (even though it's lame), so I don't think It's a hack.
    :)

Pokemon: XD Fail of Darkness

Stellar

Years
    It's actually supossed to say that (even though it's lame), so I don't think It's a hack.
    :)

Pokemon: XD Fail of Darkness
    Seriously? Google, you have failed me...
    Oh well. Thread is still good for sharing stories~

Uhkay.

I wanted a Palkia, & someone had generously offered it to me over GTS for my Dialga (heh heh)

And.. after I get it... the only move it knows... is Tackle.

I go beserk.

End of story.

~DB
    -pats- It's okay. I'm sure Palkia has an epic tackle...

DestinyBender

Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.
    Years
    Rawr!

Also.. another story ^^

I really wanted a Glameow (dumb, I know) & I traded it for a Stunky.

And now, I own a lvl 100 Glameow knowing growl, growl, growl and growl.

I have a really retarded sense of shopping -palmtoforehead-

Heh, you annoy me real bad, I'll get Bidoof to eat a baby. (quote)

~DB

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I wanted a Stunky to evolve into Skuntank, and I get a lv100 one. >_>

Though, I have managed to trade two Jirachi's for a shiny Charizard and a shiny Glameow. :3

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Er...for the creator of the topic, you should know that since HG/SS is released in Japan and Ditto's in the game, he can be put on the GTS.
    It's already been revealed many a time by Serebii and his staff whilst they were playing that HG/SS Pokemon traded to or tranferred to any D/P/Pt game have the location of FarAway Place instead of Johto(even though the location data is in there for it). SO you probably just got Ditto that was captured in a Japanese HG/SS Game.

Stellar

Years
    Er...for the creator of the topic, you should know that since HG/SS is released in Japan and Ditto's in the game, he can be put on the GTS.
    It's already been revealed many a time by Serebii and his staff whilst they were playing that HG/SS Pokemon traded to or tranferred to any D/P/Pt game have the location of FarAway Place instead of Johto(even though the location data is in there for it). SO you probably just got Ditto that was captured in a Japanese HG/SS Game.
    I guess that's possible, though I think it's much more likely that the Ditto came from Pokemon XD considering HG/SS has only been out for about a day.
    Then again, it is Japanese... if it is an HG/SS Ditto, I think it's pretty cool to have.

And now, I own a lvl 100 Glameow knowing growl, growl, growl and growl.
    Of all things to hack...
    Why can't people just be normal and hack a Wonderguard Spiritomb?

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    I guess that's possible, though I think it's much more likely that the Ditto came from Pokemon XD considering HG/SS has only been out for about a day.
    Then again, it is Japanese... if it is an HG/SS Ditto, I think it's pretty cool to have.

Pokemon from XD say Distant Land, not Faraway Place, so the above poster is probably right.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    I traded my Meditite and I wanted an Electivire :P

Someone gave me a Shiny Electivire and said it was found at the Disortion World :P

Sorta gave me a laugh :P

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    I got a hacked Shiny Suicune from the GTS for a legit T suicune I think. I traded it for a plain rayquaza for no reason in the GTS

Years
    I once got a shiny Heatran with zero IV in all stats but HP had 13 IV. Was Level 100. Had the Effort Ribbon. EV's were either wiped or nonexistant.

I usually offer Smeargle over GTS. Like male ones with Milk Drink & Dark Void.

Years
    i traded my lv 100 absol from my emerald, and traded it to a dude for a lv 100 charizard, it only knew blast burn DX cool, but i had to use up the rest of my heart scales on it

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
    I got a hacked Shiny Suicune from the GTS for a legit T suicune I think. I traded it for a plain rayquaza for no reason in the GTS
    You TRADED IT?????? I once traded a Lv. 100 Blaziken for a Lv. 1 Spiritomb. What can I say, I WAS DESPERATE!!!!!!!!!!! T_T

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    I got a Japanese Eevee for a level two Blissey on GTS, but it evolved into an Umbreon and lost the Japanese name... I was ticked, because I wanted to build a team around that and my Japanese Porygon and Seviper

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I once got a lv.1 Croagunk that knew: Dragon Pulse,Draco Meteor,Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, and it said it was hatched in Sootopolis City (Hoenn, for those who don't know).

But meh, what did i expect offering a Starly???

And i traded it away for a Chimchar, so, all's good, coz the Chimchar appears to be legit, at least

Back