• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Never trusting a Ditto from the GTS again...

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    How is it hacked? He could've hacked MasterBalls and caught it legit.
    You can only get feraligators from R/S/E at the beginning and you cant catch them unless its pal park so its hacked[/QUOTE]

No, he says that the Scizor was caught in a MasterBall, calling it to be a FAKE.

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
    Some guy wanted a Palkia and offered his Diaruga for it. (Yeah, it's JPN) I sent him one that only knew Heal Block. I also gave him a Heart Scale, because I was nice. It was lv. 52 and he was offering a lv. 100. I traded that one for a shiny Gyarados at lv. 30 from Johto. Had a few laughs, looks (and now is) perfectly legit. I also got a shiny Metagross, think it's fake.

How is it hacked? He could've hacked MasterBalls and caught it legit.

First off, you cannot CATCH Scythers on route 229. Secondly, you cannot MEET a Scyther in the wild at level 52. And lastly, you cannot HATCH Scythers and have them at level 52.

And my Feraligator was legit, got it from my g/f's Fire Red, then Pal Park'd it. She bred them a lot, and so do I, since Totodiles and Cyndaquils go quickly.

RocketAdmin.

Custom User Title. :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    Well i was sat on the GTS trading one day... and i did like 4 or 5 trades. Then i was looking at this Defense Deoxys (i already had an event one but wanted one to offer on GTS) I couldn't meet the requirements exept i had a hacked lv 3 Jirachi caught in route 101 which someone was looking for and though i'd see if it would work. It said: "that pokemon can not be offered for trade!" so i tutted and turned my game off.

The next day when i went on Diamond again; sat in my PC next to my event Deoxys was that very one i looked at on the GTS!

This isn't a lie; i'm telling you!

H-King

Elite Four Will Fan
    Years
    This isn't a bad thing, just something amazing that happened to me in the GTS.
    I was offering a spiritomb for a dratini. I only expected a simple dratini. but when I checked back, I got a shiny french one with awesome moves (I forget which).

Years
    Well i was sat on the GTS trading one day... and i did like 4 or 5 trades. Then i was looking at this Defense Deoxys (i already had an event one but wanted one to offer on GTS) I couldn't meet the requirements exept i had a hacked lv 3 Jirachi caught in route 101 which someone was looking for and though i'd see if it would work. It said: "that pokemon can not be offered for trade!" so i tutted and turned my game off.

The next day when i went on Diamond again; sat in my PC next to my event Deoxys was that very one i looked at on the GTS!

This isn't a lie; i'm telling you!
    That's impossible.Anyway,release the one you looked at.It could spawn a Bad Egg.

nguyende

Student
    Years
    I traded one of my Feraligators for a Scizor, only to get one met at Route 229 at level 52. It knew False Swipe, Iron Claw, Fury Cutter, and Double Team. It was caught using a Masterball, so it was a hacked one.

being caught in a Masterball doesn't necessarily mean it was hacked. though it may seem a little suspicious, the Pokémon itself could still have been caught legit.

First off, you cannot CATCH Scythers on route 229. Secondly, you cannot MEET a Scyther in the wild at level 52. And lastly, you cannot HATCH Scythers and have them at level 52.

Scyther can indeed be found/caught at Lv. 52 on route 229 (Diamond)

Last edited:

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
    being caught in a Masterball doesn't necessarily mean it was hacked. though it may seem a little suspicious, the Pokémon itself could still have been caught legit.

Scyther can indeed be found/caught at Lv. 52 on route 229 (Diamond)

I rarely see people waste a Master Ball on regular Pokemon, especially when a Net Ball would be more useful than almost anything but the Master Ball. I find it hard to believe that he would waste the Master Ball on something that wasn't a legendary, because they have the lowest catch rates, where Scyther is about average.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Why are people trading hacked pokemon if they can just hack to get the pokemon they want? unless they are trading a pokemon that was hacked and dont want the hacked pokemon, and want an un-hacked pokemon.

nguyende

Student
    Years

I rarely see people waste a Master Ball on regular Pokemon, especially when a Net Ball would be more useful than almost anything but the Master Ball. I find it hard to believe that he would waste the Master Ball on something that wasn't a legendary, because they have the lowest catch rates, where Scyther is about average.

agreed. not many players would use a Masterball on regular wild Pokémon, and in this case, a Net Ball would indeed have been sufficient.
    more than likely, when you recieve a Pokémon caught in a Masterball, it's because the player had already hacked numerous Masterballs and caught the Pokémon in it (in this case, a Scyther).

Last edited:

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
    agreed. not many players would use a Masterball on regular wild Pokémon, and in this case, a Net Ball would indeed have been sufficient.
    more than likely, when you recieve a Pokémon caught in a Masterball, it's because the player had already hacked numerous Masterballs and caught the Pokémon in it (in this case, a Scyther).

I see your point, but I'm still a bit wary of things in Master balls.

markiemania

Fire-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    Pokemon from XD say Distant Land, not Faraway Place, so the above poster is probably right.

And, as far as I'm aware, you cannot obtain Ditto's on XD anyway. =/

But On-Topic, trading a Lv. 32 Kingdra for a Lv. 100 Magmortar, I was fairly proud of that. X3

And I checked his location, level he was caught at, etc., it all seemed legit. =)

YanmegaLv55

Raising the dead, one by one.
    Years
    I traded a Eevee for a Lv100 Shiny Gliscor, got it and it knew Sand Attack.
    Then I traded for a Jirachi from event
    (I can tell cos of its Obtained thing) =D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    i once got a hacked shiny mismagius from the gts and my sister got a hacked lopunny which deleted some of her items
    and YanmegaLv55 i thought that you can't get events off wifi???

Years
    I got a Hacked Lv.30 Deoxys from Birth Island that knew Curse, Hyper Beam, Curse, Curse.

But, I got a non-hacked Lv. 30 Shiny Deoxys from Birth Island, with regular IV's and UT with the moves from the battle.
    I also have two UT 10ANIV Celebis and 3 WISHMKR Jirachis UT. I've gotten to much luck over GTS.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    Threw a Regice I captured on Sapphire for a Dialga, and I immediatly get a Shiny Dialga for it.
    I still have him lying around in a box somewhere, because he's either been hacked really well or he's legit.
    These tales make me want to make a really crappy legendary and toss it on the GTS to piss everybody off. XD
    Because I'm that nice of a person.

Years
    It is most likely from the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc. I used to have a few of them, but I never migrated them.

Colosseum gave you it at Lvl 10, in a Pokeball. If it's in a cherish ball and you got it on GTS is hacked, Pokemon in the cherish ball also have the Classic Ribbon, and they can't be put on GTS.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    The dates for a lot of legends are off, and I don't know if it's people screwing with their clocks or just being hacking asses, but so far I have a manaphy from the year 2017, and at some point I had a darkrai from the year 3099 for some odd reason. Also, I have a TRU event regigigas from 2001. It's nice to know the correct date of something so your game doesn't mysteriously go haywire and so people don't go on a killing spree because their 400 hour quest went to waste because of some hacking jackhole. This is why we can't have nice things...

Back