• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: New (and currently unnamed) Hack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GARGLE!

Dopeymon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    I actually started working on this about a week ago, and since now I know how to insert/replace Pok?mon and trainer pictures, I decided I'd post something about it. It's a hack of Silver.

Here's what I'm planning to do so far (in order of what'll probably be done first, to what will take forever... heh):

1: Change many of the Pok?mon to new ones. Some of these are ones I've invented myself, others are from Telefang (though many of these had to be edited to fit into 40x40, 48x48, and 56x56, so they're not direct rips), still others were grabbed from R/S, and a few are going to be based on the "Beta" Pok?mon whose pictures were released before G/S, but who never showed up in the games, like Kurusu (the baby Seel thing) and Honouguma (that firey Raichu-lookin' thingie).
    ...and of course, some are going to be left alone.

So far, I have 23 Pok?mon's sprites changed, and around 80-ish with names and stats changed. Some of those have attacks and stuff changed too, but I'm doing pictures, types, base stats, etc. first.

New (and currently unnamed) Hack!

Here's one of the new critters (this one comes from Telefang). I don't know how to edit the height/weight in the Pok?dex, or the footprints. I also can't do TM/egg move compatibility yet, but other than that (and a back picture, since I blow at drawing those...) he's 100% done.

2: A lot of map sprites will get changed around, since the hack takes place in a completely new region (currently unnamed) which is far, far south of the known Pok?mon world, including Hoenn and the islands.

Here you can see the new, tropical-looking trees, and also a different-looking sign and a changed house roof.

3: New trainers, gym leaders, etc... because it'd be dumb to shove the Johto/Kanto guys on some big island they've never heard of before.

4: Changed around plot, since obviously Team Rocket just isn't l33t enough to be a worldwide group of criminals... so there's some new bad guys. Mr. Rival Guy will also be much more important to the plot than before.

5: New region. Well, it's sorta like 2 regions since it takes up the maps of both Johto and Kanto. This, of course, will take the longest, because not only do I have to actually change the maps, but I have to do the Town Map graphic and redo the locations/connections of routes, towns, caves, and so on. I'll probably save most of this for until after I've got all the basic stuff 100% done.

I'm probably not going to worry about the complicated things (changing the locations of routes and towns, changing what connects to what) yet, though I definitely wouldn't mind if someone could tell me exactly how I'd go about doing that... so I'd know how to do it when I get to that point.

GARGLE!

Dopeymon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    Heh.. yeah, I've always liked the G/S series for some reason, and I wanted to actually finish a G/S hack (my first one, which I started... maybe 2 or 3 years ago? was... nearly-finished, but then I lost that version and was left with only an older file with a lot of the later stuff missing from it...) before I really tried anything with Ruby/Sapphire/Etc.

Another screenshot (well, sorta)... the new badges. I blipped the trainer heads for now since I haven't changed the leaders yet, but they'll be back once the people they belong to are changed.

In order; Quake Badge (ground), Insect Badge (bug), Shade Badge (dark), Fade Badge (ghost), Blast Badge (fighting), Scimitar Badge (steel), Flood Badge (water), and Claw Badge (dragon).

Even though only 3 of them have a different type, all of them will end up with different Pok?mon, especially considering that many of the old ones don't even exist in the game (The ghost gym's entire lineup, and most of the dragon one's... all gone!)

Haven't decided on what the other 8 will be yet, but, since they don't have pictures it's probably not much to worry about until I get to that point.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    This sounds great, I'm glad someone still hacks the good 'ol pokemon gold and silver games because my favorite game series were the G/S/C games I hope you finish your hack.

GARGLE!

Dopeymon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    looks good if i can help just pm me

Nah, I'd rather do everything myself.

Though, there are a few things I don't know how to hack yet (most of which are mentioned in the first post--height/weight/footprint, and map placement/connections), so if anyone knows how to do that stuff (or if there's a program out there for it) it'd be nice to let me know.

Really good hack...
    ...but...
    I think you should make this hack for the advanced games like Ruby and Sapphire...
    still good, hope to see BETA soon...

Well, I am going to do a R/S series hack eventually, but not until after I've finished this one (it's not a good idea to have too many things going at once).
    Also, there's probably a good chance that I won't do much with R/S until I find an attack list editor that doesn't cut off after Stockpile.

About a beta, well, I'm not sure when that'll show up. I might post something after I finish up all the new Pok?mon's stats, pictures, etc... but it'll most likely be a "Johto, with different tiles and new critters!" thing rather than anything similar to the final version.

EDIT: Also, here's a little preview of what you can expect from some of the new Pok?mon...

* A 100% new Ghost/Dark evolution line
    * A Bug/Dragon evolution line that actually has buggy AND dragony features... but NOT wings
    * A Fighting/Flying type
    * A Dark/Fighting type
    * A Dark/Psychic type
    * A Steel/Psychic that isn't Metagross or Jirachi
    * A couple of Electric/Psychic things
    * A critter with overall base stats of 640
    * A Ghost/Water type
    * A Water/Fire type... that learns Egg Bomb
    * Something else that learns Octazooka
    * A really good use for that stupid Everstone
    * "UKELELE" is a Pok?dex type.
    * So is "DEMON".

...and more stuff of course, but I just thought some of those would be interesting to mention.

Last edited:

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Hey, a GSC hack!! Cool!! Its looking good Gargle. I've liked Telefang quite a lot too, so I'm hoping this one will also have the Item-Style evoltions that are differen't from the Stones and stuff.

New created Pokemon, I don't like, but this time I'll overlook. Good job so far.

GARGLE!

Dopeymon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    I've liked Telefang quite a lot too, so I'm hoping this one will also have the Item-Style evoltions that are differen't from the Stones and stuff.

Yeah, I kinda wanted to do some stuff like that (especially for a few that have multiple evolutions), but right now I've got a lot of them evolving with stones or weird trade+item combinations.

Maybe when I figure out how to hack items, I might turn some of those TERU-SAMA's into new evolution items (mostly so I can ditch some of the Trade+Something evolutions! I've got too many of those already, and I'm not even finished yet...)

AcCiDeNT

Years
    Nice tiles, although the roof tile could use some work, the trees look awesome though, sounds like a good hack... If you need any help at all, just PM me.. From what I can see, you don't really need any help o.O

GARGLE!

Dopeymon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    More screenshots of some new graphics bits...

Two more changes to houses. Pok?centers and Marts now have the "Mario 2's Rectangular Hill Pattern" roof, and most normal houses have the funky zig-zag designs painted on them, instead of just a normal brick wall.

Another new critter (from Telefang). Replaces Geodude. Still Rock/Ground, though I'm considering changing the little guy and his evolutions to pure Ground since there's no real reason for them to be Rock... besides making Rollout do more damage, heh.
    I actually had to shrink this guy a lot, though I kept the sprite itself mostly intact. The original Telefang sprites had this guy looking at least two times bigger than his evolutions >_<

Krusty

6 string shredder and art dude
    Years
    Wow, this looks really good so far, the tilset changes are looking good... a whole lot better than mine atleast :laugh: , and the little monsters look pretty cool, anyway keep it up.

GARGLE!

Dopeymon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    Why don't you do some repointing and make the name actually Telefang? That would do some good o.O

Well, the problem with that would be that not all of the critters are from Telefang to begin with... probably less than half are, actually. It's just that I don't have very many non-Telefang-based ones' pictures in there yet (R/S ones take a whole lot more editing, since they have extra colors and such while the Telefang ones are almost exactly right for G/S's pallete already... just change the "dark" color on them to pure black and there you go).

Plus then it'd be like... the reverse of those Pok?mon Diamond/Jade pirated games... but with less Engrish.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    I'm unsure of what telefang is. I have seen that Osie pokemon in diamond. Great work so far though can't wait to see ghost/dark and ghost/water pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back