• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Animal Species?

Micans

Banned
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2006
    Kakashi and Sasuke Lover said:
    But they COULD also be descendents from animals that already existed. Like, that Kangeroo thingy could have come from an ordinary Kangeroo. Like the theory of how we came from Apes, animals can change too.

The theory of evolution doesn't just apply to humans, it applies to all living things. Remember, humans are also animals. The tortoises Galapagos Islands are a good example of this, the tortoises vary on each island of the archipelago.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Originally posted by carpet
    The theory of evolution doesn't just apply to humans, it applies to all living things. Remember, humans are also animals. The tortoises Galapagos Islands are a good example of this, the tortoises vary on each island of the archipelago.

...- -;; Dude. Did you NOT READ MY POST CORRECTLY????

But they COULD also be descendents from animals that already existed. Like, that Kangeroo thingy could have come from an ordinary Kangeroo. Like the theory of how we came from Apes, animals can change too.

- -;; Sorry. I just hate repeating myself.
    Originally posted by carpet
    It's not, it's a tree kangaroo.

Actually, they're not sure what it is. Thye still have to wait for test results and stuff like that.

Micans

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2006
    Kakashi and Sasuke Lover said:
    ...- -;; Dude. Did you NOT READ MY POST CORRECTLY????

- -;; Sorry. I just hate repeating myself.

Actually, they're not sure what it is. Thye still have to wait for test results and stuff like that.

Okay, I just reread the last sentence of your post, and I misinterpreted that. And of course they're descendants of animals that already existed, according to evolution, every living thing is. And seeing as they call it a "golden-mantled tree kangaroo" and not "tree kangaroo" or "creature that resembles a tree kangaroo," they're probably pretty sure it's a tree kangaroo. But, of course, they may change it, but giving it a full (though non-scientific) name makes it seem that they're pretty sure it's a tree kangaroo.

Shiny Meganium

Meganium trainer
    Years
  • Dragonite Tamer said:
    The region where the animals were found should definitely be made a conservation area by the Indonesian government. That golden bird was cute.

I totally agree. The only reason why the animals weren't scared of the Humans is that they don't know what to expect (They haven't met any before). They don't know the meaning of danger. This could be dangerous for them if a group of people trying to catch and sell animals (or kill) tried to catch them. They'd walk straight into a trap. It's got to be turned into a conservation area.

Poke Mastr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2006
    I heard about htis like yesterday or something on The Colbert Report XD He said that they'll ruin the place with a new season of Survivor XD Sounds really awesome. *looks at deh pictures* Hm. Seems like alot of goldenish animals. Land of the Gold :O

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Awesome. Reminds me of the King Kong movie. I wonder what will happen to those guys next. lolz

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 15, 2007
    Discoveries like this want to make me go out and explore, which I would do if I didn't have arachnophobia..............me luvs the kangarooish tiger thing!!!!

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Uhh cool? A new animal species.. but it doesn't really affect me since I live so far away XP

Back