• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Directions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    FYS for black ^__^

And I notice the postbit is back in its boring left hand side in legazy :(

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Black's all done. n_____n

I'll do orange... some other time.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't know what you're talking about. Fonts haven't changed.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Oh, lol. I don't know how that happened.

Go to the User CP and you can change the Times New Roman fonts to anything you want.~

Years
    Everything is lovely in this theme now.

The only thing I would say is the orange colour is horrid! XD
    It blends in too much and bleeds into different forums. As in, there is no obvious outline to separate the different boards.​

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Black is beautiful, and you fixed the way the transparent box works, yay!

Now, just a few nitpicks. Not really necessary changes, but they just make me twitch when I look at it.

1) The new buttons look amazing, but if you're going to change them, you might as well change the look of the "Blog this post" button as well, because it just looks out of place with the rest of modified buttons you made.
    Spoiler:

2) The spacing between threads are rather big. O_o; If there is a way to make it closer like it normally is on other skins, that would look a lot better imo. Right now it's ugly. >_<
    Spoiler:

3) While the "Thread Starter" column is alright, it just makes the right side display look more so crowded and it gives it an unorganized feeling because of the handful of different user names one will see. It also feels like a step back for the theme rather than a step ahead. Not to mention, with the added column, the "Last Post" column is now squished. Plus, I find it easier to see the thread starter's user name under the title.
    Spoiler:

4) This one isn't really a nitpick, and I doubt you can fix this, but when one is using a sprite avatar like mines...the image quality gets messed up. ):
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    1) I'm probably going to switch to PokéLink 4-like buttons.
    2) See image below for how cell heights are determined, notice the padding on top and below the top and bottom red lines are the same: -- But this won't be an issue, since this template is reverted (see #3).
    Spoiler:

3) I reverted that template back to default. For some reason, whenever I send Steve the files, the reverted templates don't seem to revert properly. That'll be fixed next update.
    4) Avatars in the floating table info box are resized to 80x80.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    1) AHH! As much as I love PokéLink 4, don't change your buttons. They go with your theme really well and will look better than the PokéLink buttons.

2) Okay, so once #3 gets fixed, then this should cancel itself out. n_n

Years
    One problem that I find a little annoying is when you are looking through a board and there is a topic that is popular with the flames on and that you have replied in there as well.

It is very hard to see if you have actually posted in there.

Sorry for bugging so much! XD​

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Black is like super super oh yeah. Switching to it now, I dislike all the other colours, but this theme is rocking the black.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    It may be just me, but I actually like the orange...
    I never really liked dark themes, but I do like everything in the black skin minus the header. Orange helps break that up a bit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back