• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Eevee-Lutions

Years
  • I'm on the fence about additional Eeveelutions \: On one hand, I'd like to see them complete the type chart and I've been loving the designs of them so far, but it seems kind of painful to have to evolve so many different Pokemon from one. Not to mention having to meet certain conditions.

Years
  • The only two types I can think of, that I think it would be really cool to have an Eeveelution for, is Dragon and Ghost. Though, part of me scratches my head at the Dragon idea, because I'm not sure how it would work. Design-wise, and I'd be interested to see how they come up with how to evolve it.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I think it would be blasphemous not to complete the chart. I don't understand why some people are saying they think it would be too much. This is Eevee's thing, it's what it does, it's the whole purpose of Eevee. It's like making Smeargle and making it so it can't learn half the moves in the game. Or making Ditto but it can only transform in some Pokémon.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    As much as I generally dislike the Eevee family, I do wish they would add a few more in. Imagine how interesting a Venomeon/Toxeon could be - based on how the Eeveelution stats normally go I think it could be something spectacular if they did it right. And what about a Rock-type Eevee, wouldn't that just look so badass? I'd love to see the more 'obscure' types be given an Eevee evolution, partly for the publicity but mostly because those are the types that would lead to the most interesting Pokémon to date.

Years
  • I know a few ppl are tired of the newer eevultions but I welcome the idea of having more. Have you seen Leafeon? She's my new favorite.
    I just want to know why gamefreak/nintendo/pokemon won't release a steel or ghost type eevee already, we don't every type of eevee but ghost and steel are just begging to be made. Or how about a dual type eevee so their resistance can be a bit better.

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well, I wouldn't have guessed Glaceon's design to be what it turned out to be, if someone had said years ago "what if there was an ice type Eeveelution". Glaceon isn't very ice-like, rather just sorta cute and gracious. So a rock type eevo wouldn't necessarily be obscure and have rocks clutching to it. Maybe just a thick head, a la Cranidos 8)

And I don't think eevos will start being dual typed, not even the flying one. Because that's sort of the thing with the eevos; they each show off one specific type. Pure fire, pure grass, pure fairy etc.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    Personally, I love Eevee and each one of it evolutions. Jolteon is an all-time favourite of mine, and I really like Leafeon too.

Some time ago I saw an image with great concepts of new eeveelutions. Bug and Normal looked fantastic, i really think they should implement at least a normal evolution. Maybe a dual type too? Dunno.

Years
  • Hey nidoking76, since we've already got an active thread talking about new Eeveelutions (including a potential Steel-type one), I'm going to merge the two threads, but feel free to continue the discussion over there!

MERGED.

Silri

Kimono Girl
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Being the Eevee and Kimono Girl fan I am, of course I would love to see an Eeveelution for every type! The more the merrier!

But if that can't happen, I would be happy if they stopped it with the addition of a dragon type now, to act as the counterpart to Sylveon. I'm not sure why they didn't add a dragon Eeveelution with Sylveon. It's not like adding a psychic type along with Umbreon stole any of the new dark type's thunder. Something seems missing from the set with only Sylveon.

I would love to see a flying type as well, if for nothing but that I can fly around the map while still having an all Eeveelution team.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
  • Umbrion and Espion are my favorites. And knowing the game developers, the ghost type will probably be Spookeon.

---

Also, how will these theoretical Eeveelutions evolve? I think you would have to trade eevee to get a fighting type.

Last edited by a moderator:

BasedNate

ImDaBes
    Years
  • You can never have too many Eevee-Lutions. I think it was destined to cover all types. That being said, a Ghost type Eevee-Lution would kick some ass.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • I'm a massive supporter of there being a full house of Eeveelutions.

I mean, if it's a Pokémon that's speciality is evolving into a wide range of Pokémon, surely it'd be cool to eventually cover all types? Would be interesting if they all got a Mega Evolution too. Totally not biased. Definitely not an Eevee fanboy, nope.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • To me, I feel like there's enough Eeveelutions and that there needs to be a new Pokemon that evolves into different types. The original three are classics, Espeon and Umbreon were nice and reasonable additions, Leafeon and Glaceon were a bit of a stretch, and once they introduced Sylveon, I said "Okay, you've gone too far Game Freak". So I feel like they shouldn't make any more Eeveelutions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If you ask me, they should introduce the Dragon-type one (to complete the set of pre-GenIV special types) and call it a day. Considering that (outside the original three) eeveelutions have been introduced in pairs that foil eachother, I'm actually genuinely surprised that they didn't introduce the dragon-type one in XY as Sylveon's foil.

I agree. I could see them doing something different and introducing a new dragon eeveelution for the game that combines x and y. At least it would be interesting.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Eevee is considered a cat, isn't it? Personally, I think it would be pretty cool if they would introduce a dog counterpart and have it give as equal amount of evolution. This way, we'd have even more things to look forward to when new generations get announced and whatnot. :] I'd really it if it were similar to Growlithe in-design, because to me, that Pokémon looks just simply adorable. Haha.

SupahCow090

A cow.
    Years
  • Personally, I don't think adding a new Eevelution isn't good. They're starting to make Eevee over-rated. Yeah, I like the idea of one Pokemon evolve into different forms but then there's too much now. I only liked the original 3 and the 2 introduced in Gold and Silver as they had a more interesting concept. Now when they'll announce a new Eeveelution I'll be like, "Oh, another one?"

Final Verdict: They're making Eevee a big thing when he's simply not.

Back