• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New game having all regions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tovirex

ToviRex
Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2013
    Sup guys!
    I made this post to speculate about Pokémon X & Y having all the main regions, plus the new Kalos region. I mean, wouldn't it be cool that the brand new 3D graphics are incorporated into all the regions? It shouldn't affect gameplay, you'd start in Kalos and then when you finish its story, you'll have to store all your Pokémon into the PC, travel to the region before, choose a starter and so on. I'd be able to use all of your Pokémon to fight the Elite Four or something like that.
    I'm sorry if someone had already made a post like this one, but I searched and couldn't find another one.
    tovirex

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Every generation, people want this, and every generation they get disappointed when it doesn't happen.

At this point, I'd give up on ever seeing this happen unless the games were finally coming to a non-portable console or the Pokemon series was simply coming to an end.

Don't get me wrong though, this would be great and fun, but I just don't think it'll ever happen.

tovirex

ToviRex
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2013
    Every generation, people want this, and every generation they get disappointed when it doesn't happen.

At this point, I'd give up on ever seeing this happen unless the games were finally coming to a non-portable console or the Pokemon series was simply coming to an end.

Don't get me wrong though, this would be great and fun, but I just don't think it'll ever happen.

I know, but I thought that maybe, since the graphics were going to be, for the first time, in a full, 3D fashion, it would be a nice thing that GF made all the regions in 3D, to make the old-fashioned fans buy the game just so they can visit their favorite region again...

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2013
    People often bring this up and it always gets shot down. Level caps and such would ruin it, but I think they could do something awesome like when ash in the anime goes to a new region he basicly starts over. So they could do a game where your old region pokemon are locked until you reach a certain point.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    SnowpointQuincy well said, it couldnt have been said any better

it all about the money and that y they wont do, money makes our world go around, money rans everything

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
  • As much as I'd love to see them do this, it is not ever happening. The only way this will ever happen is if it is a fan made game or rom hack. Otherwise, nope. Sorry to crush your dreams. Money is what it all comes down to. You want to pitch the idea to GF and donate millions? Be my guest, I'll make you a throne to sit on if you did, but, it won't happen.

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    I wouldn't completely rule it out. If it happens, it'll be later rather than sooner. As in, when the series has lost everyone's interest.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I wouldn't completely rule it out. If it happens, it'll be later rather than sooner. As in, when the series has lost everyone's interest.
    And the indications of this are... well, if it does happen it'll be a LONG way away.

Pokemon is still selling millions of copies each gen, and easily one of the biggest video gaming franchises. Pokemon isn't going anywhere.

Given that, there's no reason for them to make an all region game if there's no problem with sales in any way. (And it would truly be a last ditch idea for if they want to survive beyond it, who would buy a game with a new region when they can play the ALL THE REGIONS game instead?)

And then there's the business logistics of it, along with memory and levelling issues, etc. At most we only had two regions (and apparently GS had been intended to be the last in the series by an old interview, so there's that), and back then a lot of stuff got cut out (and the second region was just Kanto). Putting all the regions in one game doesn't make sense when you can just remake each region's game instead every few years and make money that way, which is exactly what they have done.

And besides, if it takes years to just develop a one region game, imagine how long it'd take to design a game with all the regions in it!

tl;dr - not happening, but then that's what gets said every time this thread idea comes up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back