• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game with all the Regions?

TheKurtzinator

Professional Derp/Trainer
    Years
    After playing Pokemon for nearly 10 years, my friends and I have wondered when Game Freak will finally make a game that allows you to travel across all of the regions. You would start from the region of your choice and based off that you would get a certain character. Plus, you will have to battle a re-surged Team Rocket, Plasma, Aqua, Magma, etc. depending on what region you started off in. You would then battle the gym leaders, get the badges, and move on to a different region. Once you beat all the gym leaders (48 badges if Gen 6 is included) you could challenge the Elite 4 (Which would have ridiculously powerful Pokemon). After that you could travel from region to region doing different things that made each game special like the Bug Catching Contest, the Battle Frontier, Safari Zone, and Contests. You could even battle Red and Steven if you chose to. Bring that all in with the GTS and Wi-Fi battles and you possibly have the greatest (and most time-consuming) Pokemon game ever made.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Honestly speaking, i think every single Pokemon fan wishes to have a pokemon game like the one you are proposing. Heck, i would be the first to wait in line at 5am at Gamestop to get my hands on it! But, realistically speaking, i dont think there will ever be a game like this. There are so many reasons why this will never happen: GF knows, they make soooo much more money by giving us single remakes of older games for example. Plus, including all the regions in one cartridge would be a "little" bit too much. I mean, after 2 regions maximum, your Pokemon would be completely overpowered and by the 3rd region they would easily have reached lvl 100. And then what? I dont think it would be that much fun to keep battling if your Pokemon cant get better...I mean, i wish so bad a game comes out that includes more than one region, and i'll keep day-dreaming as long as i play Pokemon, but i think its rather unlikely

Years
    I second what Zorogami said, while this seems like a tempting idea on paper, there are a few reasons why it probably won't be a reality. In fact, what Game Freak is doing by releasing a paired version every new generation, sometimes following it up with an updated "third" game and sometimes even remakes of old games. They make so much more money that way and it's something we're all familiar with for the past 17 years or so. And including every single region in one game would be too much.

Simply put, your Pokemon would end up very overpowered by the end of the second region, and face it, Level 100 is the level cap right now and in this case they'd have to increase the level cap even further. And this would obviously have too much memory to come out on a handheld, so it would have to be a console-based game. I know it's a fun idea, but yeah it's unlikely.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
    Although I love the idea, and I'm a die-hard Pokemon fan, Zorogami I'd be next to you at that release but I'd throw you down so I could be the first in there when the doors open up, it will not happen, not by GF at least.

It would cost them to much time and money to make this one game, when they already make enough money off of us. Third games, spin-offs, remakes, even those crazy sequals in Gen. 5! They have plenty of ways to keep us buying so they will not do this. Also, a game like this would cost an outrageous amount and take up too much space on a hand-held device. Something like this would have to be a console game and they are not going to do that since they make money off of the DS and 3DS that we need to play these games.

Unless a fan or a group of fans decide to make this happen, it ain't happening.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    If they did that, it would be really awesome if they put it on perhaps the PlayStation or XBox, turned it into a 3D go-anywhere game and let you run through it. It would be so long, with so many things to explore and so many Pokemon to catch... It would be way awesome...

And would never happen.

Years
    Guys you are all right, Game Freak would never do this but why can't we. Next to Game Freak we probably know the most about Pokemon. So how about it we can work together to make this happen. If anyone's interested in actually making this happen I can start a storyliine. If you can or just want to help just PM me kay. It would be loads of fun!

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    I'd only love the idea if there were E4 battles at the end of each Region and once in the Hall of Fame, you'd have to leave those Pokémon "back at the lab" and only be allowed to take your starter or just 1 Pokémon along with you but taking it to the new region would downgrade it or something (kinda like in the anime <.< >.> with Ash's Pikachu -.-)
    So you'd be somehow forced to use new teams and at the very end of the game, there should be Steven, Red and whatever other really strong, notable guys to battle in succession(with Red being the strongest as a tribute to R/B/Y) and then you'd be allowed to pick a team of 6 out of any of your previous hall of famers for those end battles. That's the only way I'd see it working without making the game boring and easy by the 3rd region.
    And they should have an actual lab with a garden of sorts where you could see the overworld sprites of your previous teams in your home region and you could interact with them and stuff. And you'd have contests and stuff in different regions and quests and trips to islands such as the Sevii Islands and Whirl Islands and stuff. Meaning there would also be a ton of extra content plus a huge legendary hunt. And there should be an achievement system or a milestone system or w/e. And they should let the pokemon in the first slot of your party follow you around like in HG/SS >.>
    I'd sell a kidney and half of my liver for such a game *_*

But yeah, it would be unlikely for GF to make such a game xD
    They "could" make a MMO maybe >.>?

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    If they do this, they should do it gradually. They shouldn't just lump together all 6, 7, 8, or whatever regions at once. We already have Gen 1 remakes, but considering how old the GBA is, there is without a doubt a lot of fans who would like to see it again. (I would say Gen 3 remakes too, but that's an argument for another time.)

Rather than just going about releasing Gen 1 remakes for the 3DS or whatever console in the future, how about packaging Gen 1 remakes combined with another region, whether it be Johto or Hoenn?

Basically what I'm getting at is that they should slowly package certain regions together (perhaps Gen4+Gen3, perhaps Gen4+Gen5) as opposed to straight-up, boring remakes.

A disadvantage of releasing all 6+ generations at once would be that the new generations of pokemon would pale in comparison to a game with 6 generations combined. There has to be a more realistic approach to this happening, if at all.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
    I'd only love the idea if there were E4 battles at the end of each Region and once in the Hall of Fame, you'd have to leave those Pokémon "back at the lab" and only be allowed to take your starter or just 1 Pokémon along with you but taking it to the new region would downgrade it or something (kinda like in the anime <.< >.> with Ash's Pikachu -.-)
    So you'd be somehow forced to use new teams and at the very end of the game, there should be Steven, Red and whatever other really strong, notable guys to battle in succession(with Red being the strongest as a tribute to R/B/Y) and then you'd be allowed to pick a team of 6 out of any of your previous hall of famers for those end battles. That's the only way I'd see it working without making the game boring and easy by the 3rd region.
    And they should have an actual lab with a garden of sorts where you could see the overworld sprites of your previous teams in your home region and you could interact with them and stuff. And you'd have contests and stuff in different regions and quests and trips to islands such as the Sevii Islands and Whirl Islands and stuff. Meaning there would also be a ton of extra content plus a huge legendary hunt. And there should be an achievement system or a milestone system or w/e. And they should let the pokemon in the first slot of your party follow you around like in HG/SS >.>
    I'd sell a kidney and half of my liver for such a game *_*

But yeah, it would be unlikely for GF to make such a game xD
    They "could" make a MMO maybe >.>?

So essentially, what you want, is a Fallout/Elder Scrolls styled game, but Pokemon?

TheKurtzinator

Professional Derp/Trainer
    Years
    An MM0 Pokemon game? Bethesda, why are you not funding this?!

On a serious note, that does sound like a great idea. It would be interesting to see stuff unravel in the game based off of personal decisions that you made while playing. If this was the case, we would definitely be on a console however. (Not that its a bad thing) It would probably be third person and the gameplay would probably be reminiscent of Pokemon Coliseum.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I would love that. I have been waiting for years for them to release that kind of game. But I don't think it is going to happen any time soon. Although I never want Pokemon to end, I think it would be epic if the last game they ever released had all of the regions combined so you could go through them all one last time.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    This concept, while cool, wouldn't actually work because there's only so much space in a game cart that the developers can work with, and including all 5-6 regions in 1 cart would be hard, considering the large amount of data.

Back