• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Japanese Dream World Area Soon: Old Mansion

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So guys, on September 28th everyone with access to the Japanese Dream World will get to access a new area called the Old Mansion. In there, you'll see new berries, new items, new Pokemon (Serebii mentions Spiritomb and Chimecho) as well as new decorations and a new mini-game.

- How long do you think this new area will last considering the Cafe only lasted a few months?
    - What do you think the new mini-game will involve? (Pokejungle says it's called Candle Blow Out if that's any help)
    - Which other Pokemon do you think will be found in this exclusive area?
    - What do you think the new items will be?
    - When do you think this will come to the English games?
    - Are you looking forward to this new area?

lalala discuss :)

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]I think its great that theybare adding more areas to the DW. I have tried to make it a goal to on everyday to get points :) i am really excited to see the new area.[/SIZE]

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Hooray, a new DW expansion which probably won't recieve an international release -_-

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I don't think it expand from the Japanese, but at least more Dreamworld Pokemon are going to be available, I wouldn't have a clue about the new items though, I bet they will be useful though.

I hope Spiritomb's Hidden Ability isn't Wonder Guard!

Angelique

Le Magnifique
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    Hooray, more Pokemon. I'm really hoping that Shadow Tag Litwick is released. The Candle minigame really implies this.

I don't care if this pack is extended to other regions. I'll just trade for the Japanese DW Pokemon and breed them from there.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Unlike the Cafe which was just a Small Promotional test. I think this one may have an international release because there are actually new Pokemon on this one. Not just Pokemon, but still, the last one only had 4 Promotional Pokemon and as far as I remember no new items. This one doesn't seem to be a short period upgrade either cause I remember them saying the Cafe was a limited edition Promo.

So really I'm just hopin its good enough for everyone. If they exclude International too much their sales will just drop overseas cause they just don't give enough support.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    They give us a creepy old mansion while Gengar, Misdreavus, and Dusknoir doesn't have DW ability. Serioulsy?*seriously.jpg*

Better than nothing though. Hope the pokemon there will be worthed it.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • Looks like this is happening internationally as well (Source: Serebii). I would normally be excited, but half of the confirmed Pokémon don't even have DW abilities and the ones that have their abilities have ones that are practically useless. Hopefully there will be more than just the ones listed.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Hooray, more Pokemon. I'm really hoping that Shadow Tag Litwick is released. The Candle minigame really implies this.

I don't care if this pack is extended to other regions. I'll just trade for the Japanese DW Pokemon and breed them from there.
    I have to agree, I mean considering October's just around the corner and all of these things seemed to be based around Halloween (Cursed Body Banette, Old Mansion, "Candle Blow", etc) I'd think everything would end around November, perhaps. I won't really care if it doesn't come around for the English games though, since I don't visit the Dream World at all. The only main thing I look forward from this is a Shadow Tag Litwick since that ability/Chandelure does really well on teams. n__n

devilace372

cast between dusk and dawn
    Years
  • i like that they are opening new areas for us to get new pokemon and items and enjoy new mini games, but like limiting how long it would stay up like the cafe i dnt like the sound of because that would mean you would only be able to get access to the pokemon and items within the time period that area is up on DW and for some they might not be able to access DW when that area is brought out and might miss the opportunity. can't they keep the areas up permanently for everyones benefit or would it take up space on the servers?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    i like that they are opening new areas for us to get new pokemon and items and enjoy new mini games, but like limiting how long it would stay up like the cafe i dnt like the sound of because that would mean you would only be able to get access to the pokemon and items within the time period that area is up on DW and for some they might not be able to access DW when that area is brought out and might miss the opportunity. can't they keep the areas up permanently for everyones benefit or would it take up space on the servers?
    I'm sure Nintendo plans on opening more areas for DW as the months go on and whatnot, so something like this that seems to be for the occasion of Halloween/October, makes sense not to stay for so long.

I wonder how this Candle mini-game is going to turn out though, since all I can make out from the name is blowing out the fire from a Litwick. u_u

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    i like that they are opening new areas for us to get new pokemon and items and enjoy new mini games, but like limiting how long it would stay up like the cafe i dnt like the sound of because that would mean you would only be able to get access to the pokemon and items within the time period that area is up on DW and for some they might not be able to access DW when that area is brought out and might miss the opportunity. can't they keep the areas up permanently for everyones benefit or would it take up space on the servers?

I don't think they don't keep them up forever because they can't - it's more like when they release event Pokemon, the event is only available for a limited amount of time. They want to keep people playing regularly, so they make limited time events and then people will get on so they don't miss the events.

ryziken

Neutral scientist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Looks like this is happening internationally as well (Source: Serebii). I would normally be excited, but half of the confirmed Pokémon don't even have DW abilities and the ones that have their abilities have ones that are practically useless. Hopefully there will be more than just the ones listed.

^This. I REALLY hope there are more exciting pokemon than those. Maybe Abra. Or litwick. Or Shroomish (Shroomish hang out in mansions, right? XD).

As for the new berries, though, maybe we'll finally be seeing all those #60+ ones like Salac and leichi? Could be worth it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This new area looks awesome, the Pokemon are boring, the music sounds okay I guess and the actual Litwick game took me 50 seconds to figure out, lol :( Note to anyone who is going to play: Click the button above the candles!!!

But yeah, got Gastly from it, aka the only Pokemon that wanted to play the game with me, owell. Could be better but new things are always... new.

Saerith

Fear My Glitter!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    I was so surprised when I logged in to find the spooky mansion waiting on me. Got a female duskull though so I'm all happy :)

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Very surprised. Thought it was Japan only (finally something outside Japan) seems much harder to find pokemon though but did get female wobbefet :) Bannette 37 was a nice too. Didn't expect such a high level though.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
  • Here is a list of the rumoured pokemon to be found at Spooky Manor:
    #52-Meowth: Unnurve
    #63-Abra: Magic Guard
    #92-Gastly: Levitate - No change|Confirmed
    #96-Drowzee: Inner Focus
    #122-Mr. Mime: Technician
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    #167-Spinarak: Sniper|Confirmed
    #200-Misdreavus: Levitate - No change|Confirmed
    #202-Wobbuffet: Telepathy|Confirmed
    #209-Snubbull: Rattled
    #228-Houndour: Unnerve|Confirmed
    #235-Smeargle: Moody
    #238-Smoochum Hydration/Dry Skin|Confirmed
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    #280-Ralts: Telepathy/Justified
    #302-Sableye: Prankster|Confirmed
    #303-Mawile: Sheer Force|Confirmed
    #307-Meditite: Telepathy|Confirmed
    #313-Volbeat: Prankster
    #314-Illumise: Prankster|Confirmed
    #325-Spoink: Gluttony
    #353-Shuppet: Cursed Body
    #355-Duskull: Levitate/Pressure - No change|Confirmed
    #358-Chimecho: Levitate - No change
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    #434-Stunky: Keen Eye
    #436-Bronzor: Heavy Metal|Confirmed
    #442-Spiritomb: Infiltrator
    #479-Rotom: Levitate - No change

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • That sounds exciting.
    I like how they're adding new additions instead of just leaving it.

Maybe I should start using DW...

Back