• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Minor Legendary Duo/Trio/Group?

Which one do you want to see?

• A sub/minor legendary duo

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • A sub/minor legendary trio

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • A sub/minor legendary quatro

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • More than one minor legendary group

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters
    Years
    There is likely gonna be a new trio or or quatro duo. Which one do you think there's gonna be? And what types would you like to see them as? For me it would be dragon, Fairy, ice. I know we already have a legendary bird from a trio that is ice, but I have a feeling this is what they might do. Tho I could be very wrong. Do you think there's gonna be a trio or quatro or will it be a duo (or all o.o) and what types do you think they will be?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Honestly I think it will be a duo since nothing really comes to mind when trying to find a middle ground between life and death now considering those are the bases for Xerneas and Yveltal if I remember correctly. Then again Nintendo managed to make a interesting concept for Giratina background wise since it was shown to be outside time and space and all of that so there may end up being a third member that exists outside life and death but I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet now.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    They'll proably have both if not maybe another Quad and a trio like with Gen V.

Well the Regi's also had an ice member so it having been used doesn't impact it's reappearance as part of a trio, especially considering the Mascot trio (the Tao trio) of generation V reused the primary types of the Bird trio as their secondary type.

Maybe one of the trios will be Fairy, Dragon, Normal.

Honestly I think it will be a duo since nothing really comes to mind when trying to find a middle ground between life and death now considering those are the bases for Xerneas and Yveltal if I remember correctly. Then again Nintendo managed to make a interesting concept for Giratina background wise since it was shown to be outside time and space and all of that so there may end up being a third member that exists outside life and death but I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet now.
    Harmony or continuity fits. Or in the case that Xerneas represents that with Life than the third could be Birth. I imagine it'll be Water/Dragon or something along those lines due to the origin of life. Or if the third concept is Reincarnation then I imagine it'll be Dragon/Psychic.

Last edited:
    Years
    If they do do a quad (which I doubt) and I don't remember there being one in gen v. But anyway I think the 4rth pokemon will have some kind of ability making people not want to use it, like regigigas' s slow start. Now by trio and duo I mean sub legendarys as I call the, like the three birds, latios latias, darkria cresselia (spell fail) etc. Tho regigigas is a sub legendary I don't see them making a new quatro.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Harmony or continuity fits. Or in the case that Xerneas represents that with Life than the third could be Birth. I imagine it'll be Water/Dragon or something along those lines due to the origin of life. Or if the third concept is Reincarnation then I imagine it'll be Dragon/Psychic.

I hate to nitpick but wouldn't birth and reincarnation fit into Xerneas' representation of life as subcategories now? I can see reincarnation breaking off on its own to an extent since that would be more of a spiritual thing if anything though but I had to ask.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    My one hope is that if we do get a new minor legendary group (which let's be honest, it's more than likely going to happen), please include them into the storyline. I'm just getting bored of having random legendaries thrown in, and then getting zero explanation of what their role is and what they do. If they are really legendary, that would be fleshed out to an extent. It's been my biggest pet peeve since Gen IV, so let's work on that please Game Freak!

Years
    My one hope is that if we do get a new minor legendary group (which let's be honest, it's more than likely going to happen), please include them into the storyline. I'm just getting bored of having random legendaries thrown in, and then getting zero explanation of what their role is and what they do. If they are really legendary, that would be fleshed out to an extent. It's been my biggest pet peeve since Gen IV, so let's work on that please Game Freak!

I agree, the only ones with a in game story was the lake trio I believe, and it was very brief.

Years
    Three sub-regions = legendary trio.

Water (coastal), Grass (Central), Fire (Mountain)
    Perhaps dual fairy type?

Hoping we don't get one like the Lake Guardians. Essentially three clones.
    I actually forget their names they are so forgettable and non-distinct.

Additionally, I despised the "legendary golems" for similar reasons, plus they are not pokemon.

Trios that worked:

Legendary Birds
    Legendary Beasts
    Kami Trio (Animal formes only)

Though, I liked the Swords of Justice. Just not for a three-part region.

Last edited:

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I always like getting the legendary trios in the game. I hope they incorporate a trio that is fun to find and catch.

They will probably add a whole bunch of new legendaries because with every generation they add more and more minor legendaries.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    Although this has only happened once before, I think there shoud be another legendary foursome. While it's hard to come up with ideas for a new legendary team, I've always believed that there should be a fourth legendary bird. I call it Roquattro. It's a Rock/Flying type that learns moves like Sand Tomb and Sandstorm by leveling up. Its defense stat is higher than all the other legendary birds.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    We will probably without a doubt have a Legendary Trio. I don't see them getting rid of that since all 5 previous gens have had a legendary trio.

We will probably have a trio and maybe a 2nd trio. I don't know if they will match a event legendary with the trio again. But if they use "balance" it is very likely.

Years

I agree, the only ones with a in game story was the lake trio I believe, and it was very brief.

I also want to see another one in the in game story line. Thus far the only minor trios that have had some in game story have been the Beast Trio (to some extent, more so in Crystal), and the Lake trio.

I thought that the Muskeeters (by the way this is the Quad I was talking about for those who don't see it, the main three, and Keldeo is the fourth member (not a Trio master like Regigigas) making it a Quad)were going to be this for B2W2, sadly they were less explored than the beast trio...

Three sub-regions = legendary trio.

Water (coastal), Grass (Central), Fire (Mountain)
    Perhaps dual fairy type?

Hoping we don't get one like the Lake Guardians. Essentially three clones.
    I actually forget their names they are so forgettable and non-distinct.

Additionally, I despised the "legendary golems" for similar reasons, plus they are not pokemon.

Trios that worked:

Legendary Birds
    Legendary Beasts
    Kami Trio (Animal formes only)

Though, I liked the Swords of Justice. Just not for a three-part region.
    If they do that I imagine they'll use Rock or ice for the mountain one rather than fire. I can still work as a trio too even if they aren't a cycle like Grass-Fire-Water, just like how the Golem (which are Pokémon, though I understand that you're proably referring to "animals" here) trio had Registeel and Regirock both be super effective against Regice. In this case the Grass one will be the Registeel, and the water one the Regirock, and the Rock one the Regice (if they do Rock).

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    I at least expect 2 trios; one under xerneas command and the other under Yveltal. I think there should be more ground types and poison type legends, those are the least used for legends, so it would be nice to have at least one legend with any of those two, maybe alone or in combination with another type.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I would rather one main trio as usual. Then another trio like the Regis or the Sinnioh Pixies.

I don't think we need three trios, I wasn't a big fan of the genies last gen. They felt very unnecessary and too copy and paste....the new forms just felt a bit too late for me. The damage was already done and they didn't get a second first impression.

I would rather instead of a third trio we got a duo (like Cresselia and Darkrai) and a standalone legendary.

tnfsf11

They have to be a trio, because if they were a duo they would be compared to the main legendaries (Xerneas & Yveltal), & a quatro is just too much :/

Years
    They have to be a trio, because if they were a duo they would be compared to the main legendaries (Xerneas & Yveltal), & a quatro is just too much :/
    We've had duo's before in Lati@s, The moon phase duo of Sinnoh, and even the Bird duo of Johto (though these were mascots). Also the main legends tend to be part of a trio most of the time with the only exception thus far being the aforementioned Johto bird duo. Also Unova did a Quad so it's possible to see them. Heck they could even do a Penta based on the five Chinese beast gods, it's really up to Gf.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
    We're having a trio, that's a given. Whether it will have something to do with Yveltal, Xerneas and a Z Pokemon, or something else, like a grass, a water, and rock or ground trio (referring to the 3 seperate areas of Kalos).

I'd like to see the two main legendaries, then a "Z" Pokemon, a dual typed Fairy trio, a duo, and then two stand alone event legendaries.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    I at least expect 2 trios; one under xerneas command and the other under Yveltal. I think there should be more ground types and poison type legends, those are the least used for legends, so it would be nice to have at least one legend with any of those two, maybe alone or in combination with another type.

I never liked how there was more than one side trio, such as Generation V having both the musketeers and the kamis. However, this idea for having 2 side trios, both tied in with Xerneas and Yveltal, is very palatable for me. :)

As for what I expect of a trio, I anticipate that they'll imitate the previous generation, with again, having 2 trios (even though technically one was a quatro, that's not the point.) Although I don't like it, Gamefreak has been, for the most part, squeezing in more and more legendaries per generation.

I feel as though some people are overemphasizing what they're expecting of unique types for a trio. I'm more interested in the actual concept behind them; for instance, despite Gen IV having an mono-psychic trio, it explored three parts of the human psyche--wisdom, emotion, and willpower--along with how their origins tied in with the over-arching theme of Sinnoh's creation story. There could have been more uniqueness to them, yes, but having a bunch of "unique" types that didn't tie into an over-arching theme would have annoyed me.

Not much has been revealed about what Xerneas and Yveltal's roles are. There is overwhelming evidence, however, that they are based on Norse Mythology. I don't have much knowledge about Norse Mythology, but I want to see a trio that's based on other Norse gods! {<3}

Years
    I also want to see another one in the in game story line. Thus far the only minor trios that have had some in game story have been the Beast Trio (to some extent, more so in Crystal), and the Lake trio.

I thought that the Muskeeters (by the way this is the Quad I was talking about for those who don't see it, the main three, and Keldeo is the fourth member (not a Trio master like Regigigas) making it a Quad)were going to be this for B2W2, sadly they were less explored than the beast trio...

If they do that I imagine they'll use Rock or ice for the mountain one rather than fire. I can still work as a trio too even if they aren't a cycle like Grass-Fire-Water, just like how the Golem (which are Pokémon, though I understand that you're proably referring to "animals" here) trio had Registeel and Regirock both be super effective against Regice. In this case the Grass one will be the Registeel, and the water one the Regirock, and the Rock one the Regice (if they do Rock).

How was Keldo, genesect and misletto a quad?

The Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
    Years
    I really don't want to see them go overboard with the Legendaries again. There have been waaay too many for the past few Gens.

Back