• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Minor Legendary Duo/Trio/Group?

Which one do you want to see?

• A sub/minor legendary duo

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • A sub/minor legendary trio

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • A sub/minor legendary quatro

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • More than one minor legendary group

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    How was Keldo, genesect and misletto a quad?
    No offense but I actually faced palmed at that post. I meant Keldeo, Terrakion, Virizion, and Cobaleon are the quad...they are the Muskeeters I was referring to...

I'm hoping they go back to just the Mascot trio, minor trio, duo, and two event legendaries like Hoenn had.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    How was Keldo, genesect and misletto a quad?
    They weren't, but I can understand why he thought that. Those 3 are at the bottom of the national dex together, and they were all secret/event pokemon. But then again, the Unova legendaries aren't ordered by trios... for instance, the dex goes Tornadus, Thundurus, Reshiram, Zekrom, then Landorus and Kyurem. Even though they aren't a trio, I'll admit I group them together in my mind, when counting out the legendaries. (3 dragons, 3 kamis, 3 musketeers, 3 event legends... for a total of 12 legendaries.)

Years
    They weren't, but I can understand why he thought that. Those 3 are at the bottom of the national dex together, and they were all secret/event pokemon. But then again, the Unova legendaries aren't ordered by trios... for instance, the dex goes Tornadus, Thundurus, Reshiram, Zekrom, then Landorus and Kyurem. Even though they aren't a trio, I'll admit I group them together in my mind, when counting out the legendaries. (3 dragons, 3 kamis, 3 musketeers, 3 event legends... for a total of 12 legendaries.)
    I never said that, I was talking about the Muskeeters...
    Though I guess people could think that just how I've seen people put Regigigas, Heatran, and Cressilia together due to their placement in the dex...

Anyways I'm hoping they don't over due the trios...

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I really don't want to see them go overboard with the Legendaries again. There have been waaay too many for the past few Gens.

Yeah, I agree, especially in the fourth generation. It actually takes away from the moniker "legendary" to have 35 legendaries introduced in one generation.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Gen 3 was undoubtedly my favourite, and I believe it had the best legendary dispersion too. The weather trio, wether you want to call it a trio or a duo with a master, was the perfect example of how to place emphasis on the box cover legendary. Not only that, but they were undoubtedly powerful. A secondary trio, duo and a few standalone event legendaries covering awesome nieches are more than enough.

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Not counting the mascots, a new legendary trio and duo sounds about the right amount to me. I'll really be happy with anything, but making a legendary fire grass and water type trio would be cool. It could work kind of like the Kami trio where each version can get 1 normally, the second though trading and the third though having the other two.

So I basically want starter like legendaries.

I know they kind of did it in B/W, but I really want a fire and electric duo. That's all, no dragons, just pure fire and electric.

This isn't counting event pokemon of course. Which I hope will have their pokedex entries put on the game though DLC so I can actually be surprised by them instead of sitting around saying "come on gamefreak, we already know about keldeo, just make him legit already."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2016
    I really want a trio in this Generation. From past generations, I feel that there will be one. Hopefully they represent beauty in their designs since this generation is based on beauty. I find it is easier to achieve this in the trios. Like Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf.

Years
    Gen 3 was undoubtedly my favourite, and I believe it had the best legendary dispersion too. The weather trio, wether you want to call it a trio or a duo with a master, was the perfect example of how to place emphasis on the box cover legendary. Not only that, but they were undoubtedly powerful. A secondary trio, duo and a few standalone event legendaries covering awesome nieches are more than enough.
    This is why I'll like to see a similar set up as Gen 3 again, I think they did things right. A major trio, a minor trio, a side duo, and two events, not too much nor few.

Years
    I doubt we'll have anything different than our usual trio per game. Although as Kalos is split into three distinct parts of the Pokédex as Coastal, Central and Mountain, we will most likely have a trio that come from those distinct areas.

Coastal = Water
    Central = Grass
    Mountain = Fire

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    In fairness i really like the usual sort of trio ideas that they go with. i would like to see something utterly ridiculous for a change though :) but then again thats just me.

Years
    I doubt we'll have anything different than our usual trio per game. Although as Kalos is split into three distinct parts of the Pokédex as Coastal, Central and Mountain, we will most likely have a trio that come from those distinct areas.

Coastal = Water
    Central = Grass
    Mountain = Fire

I see the mountain one being ice or rock, or maybe even steel rather than fire.

Years
    I see the mountain one being ice or rock, or maybe even steel rather than fire.

Oh absolutely! I mean, I was just pulling at straws. I can really see them using the different regions of Kalos to house the legendary trio though. Very similar to how the Lake Trio worked:

. Uxie -
    New Minor Legendary Duo/Trio/Group?
    - Lake Acuity

. Mesprit -
    - Lake Verity

. Azelf -
    - Lake Valor

We could have something very similar with our Generation VI trio, but I can imagine that the trio would have something to do with aesthetic beauty (especially as that seems to be what this region is all about). I can imagine that these trio would be something very similar to the Lake Trio (especially if they had the Fairy-type on them):​

. Coastal Legendary - Water/Fairy
    . Central Legendary - Steel/Fairy
    . Mountain Legendary - Rock/Fairy

Years
    Just one duo/trio, please... And maybe one or two event exclusives. There are just too many legendaries in the game now.

Years
    Just one duo/trio, please... And maybe one or two event exclusives. There are just too many legendaries in the game now.

I'm of two minds about this. Personally, I agree that there are a lot of legendaries, but I really enjoy hunting for them in the games though. :(

blue

gucci
    Years
    I only want a maximum of 8 or 9 legendaries, Xerneas and Yveltal and the third mascot and then a duo, a trio and a single generic legendary, that would be perfect.

Years
    I only want a maximum of 8 or 9 legendaries, Xerneas and Yveltal and the third mascot and then a duo, a trio and a single generic legendary, that would be perfect.

I'd like the following if I could choose:

. Xerneas
    . Yveltal
    . Unnamed Third Legendary

. Trio Member 1
    . Trio Member 2
    . Trio Member 3

. Duo Member 1
    . Duo Member 2

. Single New Legendary

. Single Powerhouse Legendary (Mewtwo/Deoxys/Arceus/Genesect like legendary)

. Single "Cute" Legendary (Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Shaymin/Meloetta like legendary)

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
    I'd like the following if I could choose:

. Xerneas
    . Yveltal
    . Unnamed Third Legendary

. Trio Member 1
    . Trio Member 2
    . Trio Member 3

. Duo Member 1
    . Duo Member 2

. Single New Legendary

. Single Powerhouse Legendary (Mewtwo/Deoxys/Arceus/Genesect like legendary)

. Single "Cute" Legendary (Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Shaymin/Meloetta like legendary)

The unnamed Z legendary, should be something about Reality or Existence... Although I like the name like Zepetal, which I just thought of XD (I posted a thing on it in the Z Legendary thread)

The secondary trio, I want to be something, new. The part-fairy type helps with that, but I think other types are in order. Coastal could be Ice, not water... Central could be pure fairy, and Mountain could be Dark. (Since that's what everyone seems to be talking about)

The duo shouldn't be proper legendaries, more like, Pseudos.
    Not too sure about the New Legendary, or the Cute one. But, the Powerhouse could stem off the Trio, like Regigigas, a Trio master.
    If there would be a New or Cute one, they should be event legendaries like Meloetta, Genesect, and Keldeo (who is marked as cute ;D)

Last edited:
    Back