• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New opening and new ending!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    OK, I've tried "translating" the lyrics for High Touch into romaji. I've never done it before and I had trouble with the kanji, so expect errors (it took me aages translating this). Oh, there are more spaces needed, I just don't know where one word ends and te other begins on most lines

kenka nakanaori matakenka
    iitaikoto ibbaiorukedo
    ichibanha......
    itekurete arigatoo

tamiomichizure ehanasake
    wakaatayounakaoshiterukedo
    hontouha
    "itekurete ureshii!"

NAISU PAATONAA!
    NAISU RAIBARU!
    oshiteageruyo
    hiipaateageru
    miagerutaiyona nantakamafushikute

umakuiitara HAI TAACHI!
    hekonjaatemo motodokari
    iisho narapa

akiramerunoha ise GO GO GO!

umakuiitane HAI TATSUCHI!
    BATORU aiteto HANDO SHIEIKU!
    iisho narapa

motto kuda ikeruse!
    GO GO GO!

GO GO GO! GO GO GO!

The more I listen, the more I like it...can't wait for the full version now!

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    What are you talking about? The animation quality's actually a LOT better by D/P's standard. :x

Maybe expectations may not have been reached.

But I think the animation is much better in this opening. It's just refreshing or maybe it's because of the new song. Believe me, I loved Together, I downloaded it and all. But the new song is much better, IMO of course. But I'm worried about other things.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
    Thanks for the sexist comments and calling it "gay" in the other thread. Seriously. Up your describing skills.

1. This opening is not "girly" (why do you think so!?)
    2. Things aimed at girls aren't bad (which Pokemon isn't, anyway)

It isn't bad because it's "girly", it's bad because Hikari's singing wasn't good

Mmm... So, I don't like it... I think is very girly... Things aimed at girls aren't bad, that's very true. But, hey, Pokémon used to have more action than just contests, pink and cute things around. That's what I mean.
    And about that "Up your describing skills"... I didn't really wanted to do a constructive critic about it, I just used the only word that was related to the impression it gived to me. (Also I don't like to post long comments because I can't speak english very well).
    Back at the song, I would like to see more songs like Spurt!. That song was on my head a whole year nonstop, I was the only song I learned in Japanese.
    I didn't really get any instruments on this song, it sounded like a capella for me...
    In my humble opinion it's the worst song of the whole Pokémon anime. It lack of action, and have very kiddy and girly scenes, and I don't see Pokémon like that. Sorry...

Years
    I can't say I enjoyed Satoshi singing very much, especially when I heard the opening the first time. I like when Rica sings in her Rica voice, but singing as Satoshi just kinda sounds awkward.

The worst part was the "go go go!" at the ending.

There's only a small difference when it's Rica singing or Satoshi singing...
    And I thought this one sounded more like Rica than Satoshi. Things like "OK!" and "Spurt!" are what I though for Satoshi because Rica's normal voice is deeper than Satoshi's.

Well it was.
    The more I hear through Sinnoh the more I hear an effort to make his voice lower.
    So I'm getting confused on who's singing all the time. .-.

Dr. Ookido

オーキド博士
    Years
    I do hope they clean up the bad singing by the time the CD is out (basically I hope the singing is better in the CD). Until then I will probably reserve judgment.
    Haruki Hanai said:
    I need to hear more of Matsumoto's band music. Though honestly? When I hear her sing in the band, I don't think there's too much differentiation between her Satoshi voice and her singing voice (the distinction being an attempt at a shonen voice).
    Lornami said:

There's only a small difference when it's Rica singing or Satoshi singing...
    And I thought this one sounded more like Rica than Satoshi. Things like "OK!" and "Spurt!" are what I though for Satoshi because Rica's normal voice is deeper than Satoshi's.
    I actually haven't heard Rica's band music. What I mean in this opening song, Rica is clearly trying/supposed to sing in Satoshi's voice (a shonen voice).
    For me, Mezase Pokémon Master was supposed to be sung by "Satoshi", (though it kinda sounded less Satoshi/shonen-ish voice). But it was clearly supposed (personality-wise) to be sung by Satoshi, and I enjoyed it.
    Other opening songs like Rival, OK, Challenger, and Spurt seemed more Rica-ish (again I'm assuming, as I have not heard her band music). But this one was intentionally sung as Satoshi, as it was a duet with "Hikari". And the singing was disappointing. Dunno. Something along the lines of that.

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I always thought all of the songs were Rica sung were in her voice except for specific lines. I'm gonna probbaly write some stuff wrong, but I'll try -

Mezase Pokemon Master it all sounded like Rica
    Type: Wild - it all sounded like Rica except "taipu: wairudu" which was sung in Satoshi's voice
    Rivals - "batoru shiou ze!" was Satoshi's voice, everything else in Rica's
    OK! - everything Rica's
    Challenger!! - everything Rica's except "iku ze!" in the full version
    Spurt! - everything Rica's except the monologue which was Satoshi
    High Touch! - didn't sound like Satoshi at the start, but got into it by the end - everything supposed to be Satoshi

Mmm... So, I don't like it... I think is very girly... Things aimed at girls aren't bad, that's very true. But, hey, Pokémon used to have more action than just contests, pink and cute things around. That's what I mean.
    And about that "Up your describing skills"... I didn't really wanted to do a constructive critic about it, I just used the only word that was related to the impression it gived to me. (Also I don't like to post long comments because I can't speak english very well).
    Back at the song, I would like to see more songs like Spurt!. That song was on my head a whole year nonstop, I was the only song I learned in Japanese.
    I didn't really get any instruments on this song, it sounded like a capella for me...
    In my humble opinion it's the worst song of the whole Pokémon anime. It lack of action, and have very kiddy and girly scenes, and I don't see Pokémon like that. Sorry...

Sorry, I didn't mean to seem so angry, I was in a bad mood :( I hope I didn't offend you. Yeah, I really love Spurt too, it's one of my favourites! So is Ready Go and Battle Frontier, I would love to see more songs like those. From Together, I think the openings and endings have been too "happy yay" (I can't think of a better way to describe it XD except the newest ending) Well, what I think is, is that they're trying to appeal to both girls and boys now with contests and with the girl character taking more of a lead.

Last edited:

Dr. Ookido

オーキド博士
    Years
    Jorah said:
    Mezase Pokemon Master it all sounded like Rica
    Type: Wild - it all sounded like Rica except "taipu: wairudu" which was sung in Satoshi's voice
    High Touch! - didn't sound like Satoshi at the start, but got into it by the end - everything supposed to be Satoshi
    MPM did sound like Rica, though you know, with the lyrics, it kinda had to be Satoshi.
    Type: Wild had some really non-Satoshi moments at the end when the volume starts to lower. (even hear the sound her/him whatever kissing Pikachu)
    High Touch, it sounded like Satoshi to me the whole time (lol when "he" got to the n part in "honto", he sounded constipated). Just somewhat substandard singing, though it did get better after hearing the OP a number of times. Still it was unfortunate that it was Satoshi saying the last "go go go!"

Ahhh...it's hard to say.

The ending song was alright. Kinda weird at the "shunshun" parts, and a bit reptitive at points I suppose, but it was actually not that bad. The ending animation? Very Pochama-ish.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yeah, Mezase Pokemon Master is obviously about Satoshi, but it sounds like Rica

How exactly did you guys get to listen to this opening and ending? :/?

Watch the episodes online

You can see the opening here https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=32DTDllKrno&fmt=18
    Ending https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAXFdSVTyMs&fmt=18

You know, after listening to it for the 5th time, Hikari's singing isn't that bad and not the worst singer ever for an opening. Mezase Pokemon Master (Whiteberry) takes the place for worst sung...

Last edited:

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Years
    (by the way, isn't Shinji's smile the one he uses when he looks down at someone?)

But finally, we get SOME mention of the Ginga-dan in an intro!

He stole his facial expressions from Seto Kaiba.

Serves me right for not viewing this, yet; I need my dose of the Ginga-Dan.

Years
    This Satoshi/Rica singing thing is bugging me now! xD

I guess it's just the way of singing that got me. Alot of her more active songs make me think Satoshi singing, and slower one hers. 'Cept Minna De Arukou, which I think is the closest to straight up Satoshi Singing, not Satoshi-like. But in here he's so light, not like the opening. But again I think his voice is getting deeper.

I decided to re-listen to some of her music, and Skill by JAM Project does make me think of the Satoshi sounding ones because it's active. So I guess it's just my imagination playing up.

So I don't think any of the songs were supposed to be Satoshi-sounding, it's just the difference in her active and slower songs.
    The only one that supposed to be Satoshi is Minna De Arukou and I guess this one.

And they don't sound too alike. xD

(Dr.Ookido, if you want to hear Rica's band music, besides just a basic search for her, search for JAM Project and you'll find some. :'D Skill and Battle Communication are good.)

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    They could actually sing, though. The song itself was horrid though. :[

They could sing, but had horrid voices. Rica Matsumoto can sing and Hikari's VA had a weird voice, but can sing, I think. I like Mezase Pokemon Master, I just wich they made a remix of Ready Go for movie 5, that would've been amazing.

Years
    I like Mezase Pokemon Master, I just wich they made a remix of Ready Go for movie 5, that would've been amazing.

Considering how the anime overused Ready Go as an insert song, I don't. A shame, as it's a good song.

Anyway, I finally viewed the opening, and pretty good. Way more fluid than Together, and I enjoyed the Galactic aspects and their wacky anime poses (look at Jupiter). I even liked the Rocket part, seeing their Pokemon take flight with them. That was nice ish.

The song? It's alright, but I need to hear it a few times before I can dissect it properly.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I've only heard Ready Go in 1 DP episode, but then, I've only watched DP76+ in Japanese and a few random ones. Ready Go was the first ever Japanese song I listened to (at the time I didn't know it was Pokemon) and I love it so much I would love to hear it in more episodes!

Years
    I've only heard Ready Go in 1 DP episode, but then, I've only watched DP76+ in Japanese and a few random ones. Ready Go was the first ever Japanese song I listened to (at the time I didn't know it was Pokemon) and I love it so much I would love to hear it in more episodes!

Hoenn played it to death, so go check out Dogasu's Hoenn comparisons on when it was used. Symphonic Melody was or is heading the same way.

Years
    Eh..I just listened to both the new Op & Ed....The OP was average...The animation was great for DP Standards but Satoshi and Hikari's singing could be better... but eh at least it's not "We'll be Heroes" that seriously downgraded by expectations for the Dub...But eh I don't even have cable so that's an upside...On the Ending...cute...makes me want to download it...To those who criticize Piplup for becoming another flagship Pokemon beside Pikachu...at least it helps bridge the gender gap in Pokemon with Hikari becoming a Co-Star (As a Coordinator) alongside Satoshi. Yes there's Haruka, and Kasumi but they weren't as much in the forefront as the Eye-Candy Hikari, they were more like companions really...Sorry for those who I offended...

Edit: After listening to all the PM theme songs 'till "Together" for a "gazillion" times everyday...I could actually "hear" the parts of the songs that you are describing (ex.the "monotone" in Spurt)...Yeah I should get a "life" =P

Last edited:
    Back