• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New opening and new ending!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    High Touch, it sounded like Satoshi to me the whole time (lol when "he" got to the n part in "honto", he sounded constipated).

I wish you hadn't said that. A few days ago I thought that part sounded quite cool. Now when I hear "ho-NNNNNNN-to"...it doesn't sound so cool...

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    I wish you hadn't said that. A few days ago I thought that part sounded quite cool. Now when I hear "ho-NNNNNNN-to"...it doesn't sound so cool...
    Same here! Now everytime I listen to that "HoNtou" and I will laugh. XD (Please kill the lyricist for putting "N" to such a high note)

Is it just me or is "High Touch" the least intense "softest" OP up to date?

On the other hand, I really like the ED as it's so refreshing! And they missed out Ambipom in the final scene... O_@

"Kaze no Message" is still better personally though.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Same here! Now everytime I listen to that "HoNtou" and I will laugh. XD (Please kill the lyricist for putting "N" to such a high note)

Is it just me or is "High Touch" the least intense "softest" OP up to date?

I agree. The song itself is very nice...but if you listen carefully to the background music, it sounds horrid and cheap. It sounds like they've hired the same people that do the background music for the dub songs. When Satoshi starts singing it sounds like fake drums you hear all the time in dub openings...

kabigon

My body is always ready.
    Years
    I think the new opening sounds too happy-go-lucky. I also dont like the way they sing. It sounds a bit forced. The scenes where they show all the characters and legendary pokemon were really awesome, though. The music just did not fit at all.

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    can't wait ^.^

it will be so cool,

I love when the show is revamped.

Years
    Huh...

The ending really falls into the sort of classic-style Pocket Monsters endings, I daresay. Since Sinnoh the themes have been based more on Hikari if anything. Nice to see the emphasis shifted on Pochama. The song itself even feels more Japanese, I'd say. And more childish - akin to maybe Hyakugojyuuichi. Perhaps you could say it's more like Nyaasu no Uta.

And it's something based on Pokémon-tachi rather than Hikari-tachi. But I want something more childish, like Pokemon Harahara Relay. :D

Hara-hara Relay was too fast at first to memorize...Tokigen naname no PICHU-U!!! Minna Hara-hara :D

Well yeah DP is trying to be more Gender neutral by emphasizing Hikari's Coordinator Contest quest, while still dabbing on Satoshi's rivalry with Shinji...

*Pocha-pocha!* =P

Back