• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokémon Evolution Announcement!

Years
A new announcement has been made by the official Pokémon Facebook page. And here we were thinking that we wouldn't get any more news!

What Pokémon do you think that they'll announce? An evolution of a Kalos Pokémon, or perhaps an older Pokémon. You are able to see my comment in the picture below, but hopefully it'll be an "evolution" and not "mega evolution". Don't get me wrong, I love the Mega Evolutions, but I just hope they introduce some normal evolutions of all Pokémon as well.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm guessing, by the sounds of it, it'll be an actual evolution and not a Mega Evolution. At least that's what I'm rooting for anyway. It would be nice if it's an evolution of an older Pokémon, since the only one we've seen so far has been Sylveon. Everything else pertaining to the older Pokémon have all been mega evolutions.

Only two days till we find out, so not that long of a wait. Thankfully.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
I'm guessing it'll be Helioptile's evolution, because it's the only one of the first four Pokémon revealed (not counting with starters and legendaries) with no evolution revealed so far.

Last edited:
Years
I think it's Kalos Pokémon, though I'd like to be proved wrong! xD

There only a few Kalos Pokémon that have been announced without an evolution thus far, so it could be Bunnelby, Helioptile, Firfrou (perhaps), Meowstic (perhaps), Swirlix, Spritzee (athough I doubt they'd announce Swirlix without announcing Spritzee's evolution).​

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
Whatever it is, more info is always welcome. The game is so near but our knowledge of it is so little.
On the bright side, that would be good for blind runs.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well, maybe Orotto? Dunno if he's an evolution or not, but if he is then they can finally release him. Other than that specifically, I don't mind if its to an older pokemon or one of our new Kalos pokemon. There is a good number of Kalos ones that look as if they can evolve.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016

There only a few Kalos Pokémon that have been announced without an evolution thus far, so it could be Bunnelby, Helioptile, Firfrou (perhaps), Meowstic (perhaps), Swirlix, Spritzee (athough I doubt they'd announce Swirlix without announcing Spritzee's evolution).​

I'm hoping for Helioptile in this case,
make it more feminine and posh.
Hahaha, show the charm of French! :D

I'm afraid of Meowstic's evolution form ending up like a Purugly... :(

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I personally love to see a evolution of a older Pokemon over a Kalos Pokemon but either is fine. I really don't want them to reveal more Mega Evolutions for a while and would love more normal evolutions for previous generation Pokemon. Though as for Kalos Pokemon evolutions go, I'd love to see Helioptile's evolution to be revealed.

Years
Hmmm. It seems to be too 'important' to be just any old Kalos Pokemon. Why a singular announcement, so close to the release date? I personally think it will be a starter, an evolution of a Pokemon from a previous generation, or a previously unknown Kalos Pokemon.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
I'm hoping for either starter evolutions or an evolution of an old Pokémon. I wouldn't mind having Helioptile's evolution or Spritzee's

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm hoping it's the starter's final evo. If not, an evolution of an older Pokemon would be acceptable too, for me.
I doubt it'll be the starters...as they used 'A' at the beginning of the sentence which usually implies one Pokemon if not they would've just said "New Evolved Pokemon" . I doubt they'll release only one and not the others...but then again Blaziken's Mega was announced without the other starters...

I hope it's a normal evolution too...but then again it could be the official announcement of MegaKangha...

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
pleaseletitbearmaldopleaseletitbearmaldopleaseletitbearmaldopleaseletitbearmaldo!

In all seriousness now. This may be a good opportunity that they'd reveal Trade-Evolution Pokémons just like Electivire and Magmortar. If that's the case my curiosity level would be high rounded.

It'd probably be something what we never expect anyways.
Or maybe we do. /inb4 Farfetch'd evolution

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
They're announcing only one pokemon so i don't know why people are hoping for the starter evo's. I personally think it will be an evolved form of a older pokemon, because if it was a kalos pokemon they would just say "a new pokemon" instead of "a new evolved pokemon".
I'm personally hoping for that dunsparce evolution. It's about damn time that guy got some attention.

Years
They're announcing only one pokemon so i don't know why people are hoping for the starter evo's. I personally think it will be an evolved form of a older pokemon, because if it was a kalos pokemon they would just say "a new pokemon" instead of "a new evolved pokemon".
I'm personally hoping for that dunsparce evolution. It's about damn time that guy got some attention.
I agree, the starters evolutions have always been announced together so the chances of only one being shown are low to near null.
I hope it's an evolution for Mr. Mime...

Years
Maybe, just maybe Wobbuffet is getting an evolution since Jessie's Wobbuffet is also returning in the anime.
Well Wobbuffet's been rumored (in various rumors) to have a Mega so I think that's why it's returning...

I'm mostly thinking it'll be a Johto Pokemon that'll get the evolution if it's an old generation evolution. However maybe it'll be a Hoenn one...Luvdisc!

Back