• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New pokémon game to be announced next month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    Click here

As you can read, serebii says there is a new pokémon game coming up next month, however it is not known atm if it'll be a spinoff or a regular; so I decided to post it here. What do you think this will turn out? Is it Pokémon Gray? Or is it a new Mystery Dungeon? Discuss!

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I . . . don't see anything on that page about a new game, other than the typing one, which was announced ages ago. Could you clarify what you're talking about/quote the relevant text?

kiv_umar

Musician
    Years
    it's the most recent article "Satoru Iwata confirmed that 3DS and Wii Pokemon games are in development" starts at the end of the 3rd line down.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Would it be too early to announce the third version or R/S remakes?

Fiendly

Never let go.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Might be a new set like Mystery Dungeon if it's going to be on 3DS.
    They wouldn't release Black and White then have the 3rd set on the 3DS.. That'd ruin it ._.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    it's the most recent article "Satoru Iwata confirmed that 3DS and Wii Pokemon games are in development" starts at the end of the 3rd line down.
    Huh. That wasn't there before, I swear.

Well, I don't think it's the 3rd version, not if it's for 3DS. When have they ever done that?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    It better not be a 3DS PMD game! :x I'd die if it was.

Hopefully it's a PBR 2, for the Wii, since the Wii has been neglected when it comes to Pokemon games, or maybe it's that rumored Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness 2.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Way too early in the development cycle to announce a real game. Game Freak barely had the resources to pump out Platinum/HGSS/BW a year after each other, they have nothing left to make a new game out of.

Well, I don't think it's the 3rd version, not if it's for 3DS. When have they ever done that?

Pokémon Crystal. No point making more Pokémon games for an outdated system when there's better and more lucrative options available once 3DS ownership is more commonplace next year. (Not to mention it would be strange for Nintendo to split the latest games in their biggest 3 franchises (Mario, Zelda, Pokémon) across two systems.)

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I really hope it's Pokemon Gray. The sooner we get that out of the way, the sooner we can move on to our much-anticipated RSE remakes.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Highly doubt it's a main series game, as much as I'd actually like that haha. Probably a spin-off. I'd be great they announced a new kind of spin-off rather than a continuation of the others. Maybe I'd actually be interested in them for once.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Yeah... its... probably... a spin-off... *can't take it anymore*

Damn if it were to be a 6th gen pokemon game installment in 3DS, imagine it, in 3DS!!!
    Pokemon battles, environments, trainer 3d models, improvements, pokemen 3d models........

Words can't express what I would really feel when that time comes...

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
    I'm hoping it's the R/S remakes, so we can get those out of the way and move on to Gray.

I'm also thinking it might either be a 3DS spin-off or that Pokemon Wii game they've been talking about before. I can't wait!:D

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I really hope it is either the 3rd game or the RS remakes but that is very unlikely. My second hope is for a Wii game with Stadium like stuff with a Col/XD Story mode.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
    Seeing the cycle for the previous games and their dates between each other, a mothership game is definitely unlikely. Maybe they can start some initial things with it, but I'm thinking some spin-off games will come out before then -- so that'll be done first off. xD

It better not be a 3DS PMD game! :x I'd die if it was.

Hopefully it's a PBR 2, for the Wii, since the Wii has been neglected when it comes to Pokemon games, or maybe it's that rumored Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness 2.

Duuude, I'd be totally in for a PBR 2... I mean, the first one was somewhat of a disappointment for me, but I think the multiplayer battling aspect of it is what makes it so endearing for me. ;a;

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    Honestly. I was thinking for RSE remakes, but at this point in Black and White's global release, I don't think it'll happen.
    ...If it is though, man my mind will be blown.
    On the other hand, a new Wii-based game wouldn't hurt, pretty much since each new generation had its own exclusive-based title; ex. Stadium-Gen 1, Stadium 2-Gen 2,Colosseum and XD-Gen 3, and PBR for Gen 4.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Those games might just be RS remakes. I mean the remakes for Gold and Silver were released 10 years later for Japan and it would make sense for these remakes to be announced and be released next year since it's 10 years after RS original release date in Japan.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Hopefully no PMD game, I dislike it. Its alright. but eh. The only reason why people like it is "omgz i can playz as a pokemanz"

Though ill totaly be in for a portable shadow pokemon game. -sigh- they were awesome

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Hopefully no PMD game, I dislike it. Its alright. but eh. The only reason why people like it is "omgz i can playz as a pokemanz"

Though ill totaly be in for a portable shadow pokemon game. -sigh- they were awesome

Actually, the PMD games are one of the biggest successes in the Spin-Off world, besides stadium I wouldn't be surprised.

I doubt an RS remake is going to be announced yet, I'd give it until next year, or later on in this year.

I'm betting on a Wii game! Lord know's we need one. After all, the latest Wii Pokemon games haven't been the best, Pokepark, Battle Revolution.

Knowing gamefreak it'll be Ranger: 4! >:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back