• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon, Ultra Beasts and Alolan Raticate revealed

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Are these Mega-Bracelets or Z-Bracelets?
    New Pokémon, Ultra Beasts and Alolan Raticate revealed

If these are mega ones, maybe it could hint at more Mega-Evolutions this gen?

Wait a minute that means Dexio and Sina can finally achieve Mega Evolution wow!! I wonder how many people in Kalos can do it now that some time has passed since XY? Maybe even Professor Sycamore got his rear in gear and walked up the Tower of Mastery... Or maybe it was still too hard for him...

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Man, what is going on in Alola? {XD} I thought Null was a new type, but no, it's the pokemon's name.

So Aether Paradise is a giant Pokemon Shelter? Who wants to bet there's something going on behind the scenes and the conservationist act is just a front?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Ah, finally, a good reveal trailer! Now you're really getting me interested Nintendo/Game Freak. Don't reveal any more story stuff though, you'll ruin it otherwise. Just don't let me down. And yay more evidence to point to character customization being back!

also all I can think of when I see Gladion is Owain because of hand things

It appears UB-01's biography suggests it may be based on Uranium Boride.
    Wouldn't the UB in UB-01 stand for Ultra Beast?

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    Wait a minute that means Dexio and Sina can finally achieve Mega Evolution wow!! I wonder how many people in Kalos can do it now that some time has passed since XY? Maybe even Professor Sycamore got his rear in gear and walked up the Tower of Mastery... Or maybe it was still too hard for him...

I wonder what Mega-Evolutions they will have! And yeah, it would be amazing to see Prof Sycamore being able to mega-evolve Pokémons.
    I also hope it hints at new Mega-Evolutions this gen

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    Let's just say it stands for both Ultra Beast and Uranium Boride.

I think it stands for Ultra Beast only, because in French this Pokémon is called UC-01 (for Ultra Chimère).
    If it had anything to do with the chemical element, the name would have most likely stayed the same in all languages.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Okay, I'm having some thoughts to fill with:

- I was caught off guard with the Aether Foundation reveal as well, sometimes this makes me wonder if it will be the benevolent teams unlike other known teams like Team Rocket, Team Plasma and Team Skull. I'm wondering why I got the feeling that Lillie might be related to Aether Foundation after the reveal of the team...
    - As for Pokémon reveals, I'm not quite fond of... Alolan Raticate, even though both Type: Null and UB-01 interesting because they are totally out there with unusual names. Jangmo-o looks cute for a dragon with the heart-shaped forehead, and I was excited when I see Cutiefly got its evolved form, even though I wish they would reveal its name.
    - Hmm, Pokémon Sun and Moon being 12 hours apart might be one of the interesting twists, even though it's pretty unusual, and I think some players who didn't watch the trailer might wonder why it's night in Moon, because the concept is never done before.
    - At least they try to make sense why Zygarde is somehow involved in Alola region after seeing Dexio and Sina returns with that familiar theme, and it's a good way to tie the link between Alola and Kalos region.
    - I didn't expect the taking photo part of the game, but it might look interesting to watch too! I might try taking a snap soon!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Ah, finally, a good reveal trailer! Now you're really getting me interested Nintendo/Game Freak. Don't reveal any more story stuff though, you'll ruin it otherwise. Just don't let me down. And yay more evidence to point to character customization being back!
    Same! I really wasn't feeling much hype because Alola forms (sans Raichu) have been letting me down and no major feature confirmations, but I'm really liking the potential the plot has now that they've introduced the Aether Corporation and UB's.

also all I can think of when I see Gladion is Owain because of hand things
    Me too but it's okay Gladion is cool

I wonder what Mega-Evolutions they will have! And yeah, it would be amazing to see Prof Sycamore being able to mega-evolve Pokémons.
    I also hope it hints at new Mega-Evolutions this gen
    Yes yes I wonder too! They didn't show any of the Pokémon they had back in XY so anything is possible. And if Sycamore not only appeared in the game, but could finally Mega Evolve his Pokémon that would be amazing!!

blue

gucci
    Years
    I like how these games are set after XY's plot. It kinda feels like how Black & White 2 were set two years after the events of Black & White. Having Dexio and Sina show up in Alola makes for a nice throwback to Kalos too!

Years
    I think it stands for Ultra Beast only, because in French this Pokémon is called UC-01 (for Ultra Chimère).
    If it had anything to do with the chemical element, the name would have most likely stayed the same in all languages.

That is possible, but Uranium Boride does relate to the glass-like substance that UB-01's body is made out of.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I just want to take a second to point out that Lusamine has a giant Z-Stone on her dress:

Girl isn't even trying to be subtle, my gosh! Also, if Aether Corporation turns out to be the villains all along, they'll be our first evil team with a female leader.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I really would not be surprised if the Aether Foundation turns out to be a second villain organization or something

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, there definitely seems something fishy about that Aether corp. There's just got to be more to them than meets the eye. I really wouldn't be surprised if they did end up being the true villainous team whilst Team Skull are the more.. lowkey wannabes.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
    "Type: Null" was a poor choice because many people will be confused about this meaning the introduction of a new elemental type. When you say this Pokemon's name, it sounds like you are describing a Pokemon Type. Basically, the Pokemon Company is mixing their own terminology, which is never a good idea with your own brand.

In other languages, it's called something like Type: Zero, implying that "null" refers LESS to elemental typing and more to something like NaN, Not a Number. In my theory, anyway.

The only design I admire from this new batch of reveals is UB-01, who isn't even a Pokemon apparently. It looks very interesting. A mysterious, captivating, alien design. Elegant, in its own way.

The Aether Foundation seems to have most people convinced they're up to no good, but I don't really see it. Their dialogue and ideals all sound like a place I'd actually want to work. From the trailer alone, there was nothing to hint at anything but people who care for poor Pokemon. I'm gonna laugh if everyone's making them out to be secretly evil and then the game comes out and they're The Actual Good Guys For Real

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Apparently, we also had this building shown in the Japanese trailer:
    Spoiler:

Alola battle facility? Or possible return of PWT?

I'm pretty sure that this facility is where the "Battle Royal" tournaments are held. If you look at the giant logo sign above the facility's door, you can see the four colored boxing gloves that are used as the logo for a Battle Royal.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    Yeah, there definitely seems something fishy about that Aether corp. There's just got to be more to them than meets the eye. I really wouldn't be surprised if they did end up being the true villainous team whilst Team Skull are the more.. lowkey wannabes.

Well, Aether Corp is running experiments, there's no way this can end right ahahah

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The Aether Foundation seems to have most people convinced they're up to no good, but I don't really see it. Their dialogue and ideals all sound like a place I'd actually want to work. From the trailer alone, there was nothing to hint at anything but people who care for poor Pokemon. I'm gonna laugh if everyone's making them out to be secretly evil and then the game comes out and they're The Actual Good Guys For Real
    It really could happen though, pretending to be the good guys publicly while actually being up to no good in the shadows is a solid way to do it. Could be like Team Plasma. Or it could even be that everyone in the Aether Foundation is truly striving to help out and be good and shit, but one of the leaders is not.

Who knows really. It's more that it's a possibility that should be considered. Whether or not it's probable is another matter.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    It really could happen though, pretending to be the good guys publicly while actually being up to no good in the shadows is a solid way to do it. Could be like Team Plasma. Or it could even be that everyone in the Aether Foundation is truly striving to help out and be good and ****, but one of the leaders is not.

Who knows really. It's more that it's a possibility that should be considered. Whether or not it's probable is another matter.

What make me think they are actually an evil team is when the leader said she loves even Pokémon from other WORLDS, and that every Pokémon loves her. It sounds off to me, I don't know how to explain..

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm pretty sure that this facility is where the "Battle Royal" tournaments are held. If you look at the giant logo sign above the facility's door, you can see the four colored boxing gloves that are used as the logo for a Battle Royal.
    Spoiler:

Those flags lined up in front of the building match the colours too.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I love coming here after the videos are out, you guys always show amazing stuff I haven't seen or realized.

I love Type:Null (I first thought, like others, it was a new type, maybe the ??? which is an idea I loved) The creature is kinda creepy and I am very curious abut its backstory. Poor thing, it is a bad experimentation.

But the thing I loved the most: (kinda) Pokemon Snap is in the game!! <3

Back