• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon, Ultra Beasts and Alolan Raticate revealed

Years
    does anyone think that jangmo'o could evolve into a dragon/steel type? it's got a kind of metallic look to it I think...

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Dexio and Sina may look grown up but remember in XY everyone overworld was Chibi like, so it may not be that far in the future of XY since now models are the same as in game models from XY.

Serena looked way more mature in her battle model than her overworld for example.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Are Ultra Beasts the new mechanic the Riddle leak hinted us about? And hey, Sycamore's assistance are back, but does this mean there will be no Kalos postgame after all? Looks like Jangmo-o will be Alola's pseudo-legendary.

It could be, but this reminded me. The Aristotle has been solved. It relates to Aether and the Null in alchemy. Which is pretty interesting.

Overall I loved this news update! There is a lot to speculate on, we got two nice designs. The UBs look really interesting as does the story. And Gladion seems like a pretty cool character. Really looking forward to hearing more!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Screenshot of customization.
    Spoiler:

Years
    I'm pretty sure that this facility is where the "Battle Royal" tournaments are held. If you look at the giant logo sign above the facility's door, you can see the four colored boxing gloves that are used as the logo for a Battle Royal.
    Spoiler:

The one thing that questions me is, if Battle Royal is multiplayer only, why does it still appear as an arena that's encountered in the region, when you're not doing multiplayer stuff?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    The one thing that questions me is, if Battle Royal is multiplayer only, why does it still appear as an arena that's encountered in the region, when you're not doing multiplayer stuff?
    Possible proof of the Battle Royal being relevant to the plot? Maybe it's a Facility where NPC's challenge you to Battle Royal?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    does anyone think that jangmo'o could evolve into a dragon/steel type? it's got a kind of metallic look to it I think...
    It could be possible. Bulletproof and Soundproof would work for something part Steel

A Dragon/Steel Pokemon other thanDialga would be pretty awesome
    Raticate has definitely had an allergic reaction.

I thought it was more like a kid that couldn't stop eating lol

*Luxio//Hacks*

Creator of Sky Twilight + Sky Daylight?
    Years
    After Seeing Alolan Raticate For The First Time...

After seeing Alolan Raticate for the first time, this literally changes everything for me. I just feel bad for the poor thing.

Let's hit at least 50 likes.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    The truth is that UB-01 ate too many pancakes and took the form of Lillie, just like Alohan Raichu. lolk

what if UB-01 was one of the ultrabeasts that came down and took human form (as Lillie) to observe the region and the Pokemon. Aether corp track down UB-01 and attempt to experiment to find out more - The protagonist then has to save Lillie (who is actually UB-01) and stop Aether Corp ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

if Aether corp actually turned out to be the real villainous group then I would love to see team skull team up with the protagonist.

DragonThale

DorkusDragon
    Years
    Definetly something going on with the aether corp! I just get the feeling that its not team skull who's the real bad guys here.. And I also think that Lillie, Gladeon and Lusamine are somehow related it just cant be just a coincidence that they look so similar.. and that UB-01 is probably some sort of project that went wrong or something. UB-01 is also quite similar to Lillie.

Bay

Years
    Pretty neat batch of updates there. Many people already mentioned Aether corp might be the true antagonists and if so I don't mind if that happens. Still not sure what to make of Ultra Beasts but it does shakes things up.

Alolan Raticate is amusing and the new dragon while I'm not over heels for it it's still cute.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I don't know why but Wicke got really popular compared to Lusamine, looking at my feed and other stuff on the internet she show up 3 time as much as Lusamine.

Years
    Spoiler:

Didn't make this, found it on RogersBase's twitter (although not sure if he made it himself)

I think this would be really cool, and I feel like you can definitely see the beginnings of some of these koa warrior concepts in Jangmo-o. I actually really wanna see this theory come true, because it could mean our first dragon/fighting type.

Reactions: Z25

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    Taking pictures of Pokemon... I guess? Maybe that will be an alternate way of getting a Pokedex entry? Would be nice to not have to buy a bunch of pokeballs all of the time. Otherwise, what's the point? Could it accrue Pokemiles at least?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    The pictures will probably be shared and you could get em from the new Global Link just like you did with XY Photograph.

Back