• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen NEW Pokémon: Vivilion and Noivern!

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
  • Noivern the next Pseudo-Legendary?

Noivern (based off a Wyvern) has already shown features of Deino, with it attacking anything that gets to close so that left me wondering whether Noivern might be the first-evo of the next pseudo-legend. I shook my head when I saw the Flying/Dragon type though, what's your opinion?

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
    Years
  • Wish he would've been dragon/poison personally, but all of the gen 6 pokemon so far have still been a big hit for me, which is saying a lot since I wasn't a big fan of the two past gens. ^^ (obviously I like some from gen 4/5, just not the majority, not a flat out hater)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Noivern looks awesome, but kills any hope of a sound type. If a BOOMBOX for a head isn't a Sound type - NOTHING IS.

Is there an ability that increases the damage of "sound like" moves? Soundproof already exists.

Imagine an ability named, "Soprano" that increased "sound" damage by 50%. It would almost be like having a real sound type pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2016
    I like Noivern's appearance, but had higher hopes for that now common Dragon and Flying combination to not continue.
    Looks impressive ingame, boasting its new move Boom Burst.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • I like both of them, actually. Vivilion looks so...digital, doesn't it? Definitely a cool design for the eyes and wings.

Noivern man.....I freakin' love wyverns in fiction, and now we have a wyvern in the Pokemon world! A wyvern that can blast your favorite tunes wherever you are! It can join Exploud as my Block Party Pokemon.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Vivilion is really cool looking and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the final evo of Kalo's generic bug cause it's a butterfly. But it's really cute.

Noivern's pretty cool , but it took me a while to figure out those green things weren't it's eyes. O.e I'm assuming it's based off a fruit bat cause it loves and it uses ultrasonic waves to fly through the night. It's pretty cool too imo.

Raczack

Gunslinger
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2015
    I am personally hoping for it to be a moderately weaker dragon of sorts. One to crop up early into the game enough that I can enjoy its presence through my play through instead of just a sighting in the final areas.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    I think it would be much cooler if it was our version of the 'early bat' and not a pseudo-legendary. I don't like pseudo-legendaries because they are usually caught right before the E4 or sometimes even after. I don't see much point in such a late game pokemon. Wouldn't it be so cool if it's pre-evolution was something crappy like Zubat and then it turned into Noivern? :O

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Noivern seems like a mix of a fruit bat, a wyvern, and a boom box, another interesting take on sound based Pokémon, just like Exploud it's rather unique.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I am personally hoping for it to be a moderately weaker dragon of sorts. One to crop up early into the game enough that I can enjoy its presence through my play through instead of just a sighting in the final areas.

The great thing about making Dragon weaker is that we can have more of them. I hope this is the normal bat pokemon. I want this early.

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • I think Noivern looks pretty beast. A cross between a bat and dragon, a cool name, weird ears on top of its head, a big majestic mane...I think I'm definitely getting this on my team.

As for Vivillon, I don't think it's anything special. It has weird looking eyes, weird blocky wings--kinda looks like something I saw in Super Paper Mario. Plus, I can see that Game Freak is going with the French theme again, seeing as butterfly is "papillon" in French. Strangely, then it would be pronounced "viviyaw"...

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Since this is already a thread about new pokemon, might we want to discuss the three that were revealed a little while ago as well?

Talonflame
    Spoiler:

Clauncher
    Spoiler:

Skrelp
    Spoiler:

I've already said Noivern looks awesome, and the more I look at him, the more apparent that becomes. I'm actually quite excited to try him out.

Talonflame looks like a Fletchling evo, which is awesome, and Talonflame looks beast, so, yeah, go Talonflame! I think it's a bit awkward that his name is literally just two words mashed together like that, though. :L

Clauncher and Skrelp are certainly interesting, to say the least. I like their designs, though. So far this generation has some promise to the Pokemon. d;

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE Talonflame!!! Man I can't even say how much I love it. And Talonflame has been confirmed, by serebii at least, that it is the evo form of Fletchling.

I do like that we finally have a lobster as well. I really hope this means we will be getting a Dolphan pokemon as well.

Last edited:

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Someone mentioned earlier where the name "Vivillon" derives from. Definitely "papillon", as he/she said, but it's also from French "vif" or better yet, its feminine form "vive" which means "vivid" in English. Couple that with "papillon" (butterfly) and it describes this new Pokemon very well: the vivid[ly-coloured] butterfly.

"Vif" or "vive" can also mean healthful or "full of life," but we won't complicate things.

:3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like Talonflame, though the type change from Fletchling's Normal/Flying surprised me. If I don't choose Fennekin as my starter, then Talonflame at least makes a good Fire alternative. I like Clauncher better than Skrelp; pistol shrimps are cool.

Back