• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

pkmin3033

I expect every type will get its own Eeveelution...eventually. I can't see it happening for several generations yet. We're sitting at eight different Eevee at the moment, so we've got ten left to go...that's at least four generations, and that's assuming three Eevee per gen, which is highly unlikely to happen, considering every odd gen thus far (excluding the first, of course) has been skipped.

If that's a pattern you can set any faith in, there won't be ANY Eeveelutions if this is Gen VII. If it's a second half of Gen VI though, we might get another one...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I don't really want new megas. I think this gen should have new evos instead. I've always felt stuff like Sandslash and Octillery need normal evos more than megas.

And personally I also want Absol to get a new regular evo, and it should be Ghost/Dark. Because Mega Absol is kinda bad imo.

Sandslash is my top favorite 'mon and I'd really like to see it have either a new evolution or a megavolution. :3

Anyway, for already-existing 'mons, I'd want a baby form and megaevolution for Skarmory. Girafarig, Butterfree, the Hitmon trio and Dunsparce could use megavolutions, too.

For my list of new 'mons, I'd like to see a mosquito for the lulz, 'cause if the new region is indeed a tropical one, then why not a mosquito? xD Bug/Poison, maybe?
    Oh, and a coconut crab would be cool. It could be the regional crab like Kingler was for Kanto, Crawdaunt for Hoenn and so on...
    For inanimate objects becoming Pokémon, I'd like to see a 'ghost-like' sea-floating thrash collector that collects thrash on the sea. Water/Poison probably.

:3

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Fairy-type seemed lacking in the number of Pokemon introduced last generation so I think more of them will be introduced. I hope they do get new spins on the starters however. IIRC, we don't have an electric-type, a bug-type, or rock-type starter pokemon. That'd be awesome though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Some pokemon should of been changed to add Fairy type tho. I just don't get why Mr. Mime got Fairy type vs something like Misdreavus line or even Celebi.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I bet that The Version mascot are Based on Apollo and Diana !!!

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I'm still hoping for a Fire/Fairy imp pokemon. Actually, an imp could easily be Fairy/Poison or Fairy/Dark, and those'd both be cool combinations as well.

Also, I'll be seriously angry if one of the fossils isn't finally a spinosaurus. How in the world did we get an amargasaurus before the best dinosaur? I don't care if they go two or four legs, or if it evolves from one to another, but I need a spinosaurus of some kind.

I certainly wouldn't complain about any bug, fighting, or normal type dragons, either.

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
    Years
  • I don't have much of a want for a new Pokemon but I would like to see another "Pikaclone" (Pachirisu/Emolga/Minun evolution. Most preferably Pachirisu), a Ghost type Eeveelution, and another cute and small legendary Pokemon like Victini and Meloetta.

And maybe a human Pokemon. I don't mean like human furry animal Pokemon like Braixen but a HUMAN Pokemon with mutated features. That will be weird.

_Dud_

I can't C#
    Years
  • Though this may be kind of out of the question, I think it might be interesting if Game Freak decided to introduce triple types (completely contradicting the whole "simplifying the game" thing) Then, we could have a legendary which consists of Water, Grass and Fire. Or, maybe something a bit more realistic like a Ground, Rock and Steel type (maybe a mineral Pokemon)

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm still waiting for my pancake Pokémon with a split evolution, in one case becoming a stack of pancakes and in the other becoming a waffle. It would be Normal/Fairy, leaving its weaknesses as: Poison, because food can go bad; and Steel, because you use silverware to cut and subsequently eat pancakes. But it would be immune to Ghost and Dragon because even ghosts and dragons love pancakes!

I'm not joking, by the way. I really, really want this to happen.

And I'd like a peafowl (the males would be peacocks and the females peahen, kinda reminiscent of the gender differences between Unfezant), dolphin, and hummingbird Pokémon, too. But not as much as I want a pancake Pokémon.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • In my hopes about Pokemons.... Well... First. We need to have.
    - Cricket

And other my type about pokemon basis is....
    - Woodpecker
    - Plesiosaurus (I know. Lapras. But Meybe Evolution or Mega?)
    - Mermaid
    - Pacific Crab
    - Like everyone mentioned Dolphin
    - Orca
    - Flying Fish
    - New Alien Specie (I know. Deoxys, But why not to make another alien specie? Since Universe is endless)

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2016
    I'd really love an angel Pokemon to happen. Make it Fairy/Flying type and evolves twice. It'll be humanoid much like the Ralts line, but hopefully it'll be more masculine. In fact, they should have a split evolution on the last formes, much also like the Ralts line.

I've always been attracted to angels, and I'm quite surprised they havent even made a Pokemon out of them. With the recently introduced Fairy-type I think its the perfect time for them to make one, even though they missed a chance in X&Y.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Hoping for a Moon variant of Volcarona, maybe based off of a lunar moth to match the Sun/Moon themes and then have Larvesta found on Sun and the Lunar version on Moon. Highly unlikely but I'd love for it to happen along side an Elephant Water Starter~

Just found two images that are most likely fake, but the concepts are interesting.

Spoiler:

If images don't work, I'll upload them later. No sources so as I said, most likely fake.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Can we please get a proper Baboon Pokemon? and a Flamingo? Oh and a moose. This is an absolute must-have, though it does seem unlikely if it's a tropical climate.

Pokemon introduced in a generation don't always have to represent the region it's based on though.

I mean we got a pokemon based on Lucha Libre in the region based on France. (and I'm pretty sure Lions and Pandas are not native to France) I don't think frilled lizards are native to France either. (although I'm not an expert on that)

Regions are based on real life locations, but they're not exact copies of those real life locations. They don't have to follow any real life rules.

Having said that I think it is natural to expect more tropical themed Pokemon if the location it's based on is tropical...but I think that's more the case of "Oh we have a tropical region, let's add some tropical Pokemon" rather than "this region is tropical so we can only add tropical Pokemon". (I think the region will influence the Pokemon selection rather than dictate it)

There are still going to be Pokemon introduced who aren't native to the real world location the region is based on.

Not to mention if we get anything like the selection of Pokemon available to us in Kalos, then we're going to see Stantlers running around this tropical region anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    Couple of pokemon I'd like to see;

1. Dolphin (Water/Dark)
    2. Turkey (Normal/Flying) + broken fossil piece = equals Velociraptor (Rock/Dark)

I'll add some more when I come up with them.

Back