• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • I know it is an odd one, but I really wanted a Rock eeveelution .

Anyways.. if the bear ends up being a 2nd evolution to another plump little rolly-polly pokemon... the cuteness meter might explode

Yeah I wanted a Desert Based Eevee so it could at least finish the environment part, other than city, and it would have been nice to get a colorful bug Eevee.

I didn't see it as a pokemon that evolve, but the bears usually does evolve. This bear doesn't look like the others.

It is possible that it may not have a pre evolution as well. But I know almost for a fact that it will not evolve because it is almost seven feet tall. So It could still have a pre evo. It is hard to believe that a 7 foot pokemon comes out of an egg, but then again, we still have a few of those.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It is possible that it may not have a pre evolution as well. But I know almost for a fact that it will not evolve because it is almost seven feet tall. So It could still have a pre evo. It is hard to believe that a 7 foot pokemon comes out of an egg, but then again, we still have a few of those.

I mean we have a Pokemon that as a baby...has a baby in it's pouch....So a 7 foot huggamonster from an egg not that out of the question.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • According to Serebii, there is 2 types of strategy guides. On involves the entire Alola Pokedex and the other is the story guide. I wonder why that is. But it sounds like there are way more pokemon this time. I don't think they have ever divided the Strategy Guide up like that. Not even with BW Games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    I think they have for BW and maybe XY, too. It is for the game players and competitive battlers to each have their reference materials.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    The Strategy Guide and Pokedexes have been separate entities since like Diamond and Pearl. They make more money making separate books and some printing companies don't like to go over certain page amounts.

But ya, every Strategy guide after Diamond and Pear had the Full Pokedex split out. I think DP had like basic Pokemon that were available through normal play through but the Pokedex covered the 400+ Pokemon. The trend followed every game afterwards IIRC.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Going off the pokemon we know, and what I personally think evo wise. We are looking at about 55 to 60 Pokemon known, although a large amount are not reveled. About 25 have been officially reveled. I am counting possible evos and other legendaries.

Years
  • Wimpod: Well, I do not like ugly pokemon, but I do not mind, if not, welcome their inclusion in the game to diversify the pokemon I will be facing off against. I will say the this little guy is actually sort of cute because it is panic-ridden. It actually reminds me of something that would be included in Rick and Morty with that animation in the face. This will almost definitely evolve into a non-wimp offensive powerhouse OR into a highly defensive hermit covered in a shell. I am hoping for the latter because it would be cute to see a giant crab be a little skiddish little wuss. Again, something I will put on my team any time soon, but it's a nice design. 7.5/10

Bounsweet: Based off a Mangosteen (which I didn't know about until today) this little guy is likely to gain a flying type because it tries to lift itself off the ground in order to avoid being ingested! It seems almost evident that it will flower as pictured below, and thus hang from the trees in full bloom. The evolution could go the elegant or cute route, but I am fine either way! the elegant route will likely have the red fruit petals beneath it that allows it to glide whereas the cute route will likely have bloomage and leaves on the top with it's little face and body beneath it.

I was hoping we would get a flower/fruit plant grass-type pokemon soon, and this one is likely to have a spot on my team. I mean, what a beautiful flower/plant/fruit to base a concept from! 10/10

Spoiler:

Mudsdale: It is a majestic, regal, and cute powerhouse! The best part is the color palette and concept -- using a clay-orange on the ends of it's hooves and mane to appear as if it is itself is a moving mudslide. Everything about it is really just amazing; including it's new stamina ability which increases its defense each time it is hit. This could be useful in switching into a weak attack. Yet another new contender to be on my team! 10/10

Comfey: I do like it, but I am a bit disappointed that the lei was not incorporated into a design rather than being the design if you catch my drift. Either way, it is cute. Though there is the obligatory kelfki comparison to be made, I at least like that this it's a little sprite with a long flowered-tail rather than a key chain with collected keys...Though, again, it's not my favorite incorporation of the lei, but it is cute. It could get an evolution as well which could be a real seller, but I am thinking it will not. 7.5/10

Overall: 8.75

The trend of uniquely unconventional pokemon immersed in this tropical region's ecosystem continues! It's a continuation and improvement of RSE and ORAS in every way so far.

Also, I love mimiku's animation and ability shown in the video...it's still a solid 9/10 for me.
    And the concept art does not do the animation of Bewear justice at all. So that was nice to see. It just jumped from the 5-6 range to the 7-8 range for me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Mudsdale: The horse looks like a powerhouse I could definitely have on my team! I have been waiting for a good horse.

The Lei is adorable, but equivalent to clefkey for this gen

The Wimpod makes me think of the countless creature shells I found on the beach

The Berry reminds me too much of a Gen 4 poker, Cherubi

But not a bad trailer revealed

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • Eh tbh I'm not that fond of most of the gen 7 pokemon. They started well with the legends, starters and the first two reveals. Kinda sad since I really liked the gen 6 designs. Not that I entirely dislike them, I just think quite a lot of them are rather bland.

Then again, we barely saw any evolutions at all, so my opinion might change after that. And I'm sure there'll be some gems among the unrevealed Alola pokemon as well.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I usually loved all the Gen6 Pokemon we saw until now, and not that I completely dislike these Pokemon but they are the ones I like less for now. They just look like concept we already saw, except for the horse and he's the one I prefer. I love ground Pokemon so he already got a point.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • Mudsdale is the one I like the most from the most recent trailer. We haven't seen any horse Pokemon in quite some time, and I'm glad to see one based off the Clydesdale. When I was little, I went to New York and I remember seeing a bunch of Clydesdales there, so in a way, this Pokémon reminds me of something from my childhood. Plus, it has nice hair.

I was expecting to see a lei-based Pokémon, and now we finally got it. Comfey is cute and I'm quite interested in its ability, but I don't see myself using this thing unless it evolves. I hope it does though.

Bounsweet just looks like Cherubi to me, but it's description on the official site just makes me feel bad for this thing:
    Bounsweet is popular with Pokémon and people of the Alola region. Bounsweet's scent has a calming effect on humans, so many people let them live inside their homes as a sort of air freshener. Unfortunately, it's sometimes swallowed whole by Pokémon drawn to its aroma.
    When running away from other Pokémon, Bounsweet flees danger by skipping along the ground. Since its bouncy movements don't convey to others that it's actually in desperate flight, no one ever comes to its aid.
    So, it gets swallowed whole by other Pokémon, and it never gets help from others when it's in trouble? Wow, and I thought Mimikyu's description was sad. :( Other than this, I don't really see this little guy being all that memorable.

Lastly, we got Wimpod. It's typing is cool, but I kinda wish it was a Fossil mon. It looks like a trilobite, after all. It's design isn't bad, but it's probably my least favorite out of the 4 new ones. And that ability. It's going to be like Abra all over again...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • They made it clear that they were going with more basic designs for pokemon. They made that extremely clear. They have some complex designs, but it was expected.

The pokemon from the first two generations were very generic for the most part. So people aren't going to be happy either way. Besides, the designs, for the most part, match perfectly with Hawaii. Because it is exotic.

I am still hoping for some more designs though. Looks like we are finally getting some none animal pokemon. Still waiting for an ice type, which I am sure there will be at least 1 line of them. The only one I have fallen completely in love with so far is the horse. Even in XY and especially BW, there was a large amount that I loved and wanted to use, but not so much in this generation so far. So I am hoping to see more in the next batch. I like all of the pokemon, but I want to see something amazing.

They also haven't reveled any fossil pokemon yet. At least not that we know of.

Years
  • They also haven't reveled any fossil pokemon yet. At least not that we know of.

If I recall, during BW pre-release I don't remember Archen or Tirtouga getting revealed before game release, although I could be wrong about this. XY we had Tyrunt and Amaura revealed in September 2013 which was one month before the games came out.

Maybe fossils could be revealed in October, alongside starter middle evolutions, or the fossils could be under wraps until the game release. Definitely no established pattern here.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    They made it clear that they were going with more basic designs for pokemon. They made that extremely clear. They have some complex designs, but it was expected.

I'm not really getting the impression that many of these new Pokemon are any more basic or simpler than other recent gens. I'm not really seeing a "simplicity" mindset running through these designs. I don't mind that at all though. Just saying that I don't really see how these guys are any different from other gens.

Did they really say that? It seems like they said something like they were making things simpler for future games and people just took that to mean designs.....I'm almost certain they never said anything that specific about designing Pokemon.

Do you have a reference for that?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I wonder if Boundsweet will get Sweet Scent.

Also Cherubi and Boundsweet together will be fun. I'm hoping to see more fruit Pokemon, I'm sure a lot of people want a pepper Pokemon being Grass/Fire for the spicy kind.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I love how positive the community seems to be about yet another food Pokemon appearing and actually remembering Cherubi for once when we went on a rage spree with Vanlilite and completely forgot Cherubi existed then.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I love how positive the community seems to be about yet another food Pokemon appearing and actually remembering Cherubi for once when we went on a rage spree with Vanlilite and completely forgot Cherubi existed then.

I really think the issue people had with Vanillite was that it was based off of artificial/man-made food (ice cream cones). The non-issue with Cherubi (and Bounsweet) is that they are based off of fruit, which is a natural food, and nearly all Pokemon designs are based in nature.

Back