• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Ooo, can definitely see this being a Pyukumuku evolution. I get a sea cucumber vibe.

What's with the girly evolutions this gen though? Lurantis, Tsareena, now this one?

I have been wondering the same thing. But it might be the gender balance thing they have been trying to do since Unova. I don't mind at all, but it be nice if there was more male ones :P I wouldn't be surprised if there are more Male/Female forms this generation like Pyroar/Unfezant/Meowstic. I know Pikipeek will probably have a gender difference.

I know a lot of people were complaining about it on 4Chan..

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Ooo, can definitely see this being a Pyukumuku evolution. I get a sea cucumber vibe.

What's with the girly evolutions this gen though? Lurantis, Tsareena, now this one?

Pyukumuku? To be honest, other than the spikes, I don't see it. I guess the color is really throwing me off. I supposed it could have a gendered evolution like Gardevoir but I'm not sure about this.

As for for girly evolutions? I really don't mind. As long as they have decent stats Gamefreak can keep these Pokemon rolling in.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • GameXplain has made a video over this and from what they have said, this is not one of the new pokemon they saw in Melemele Island in the first 2 hours. So this seems to be a totally new pokemon and I doubt it will appear in the Demos.

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    I think the more "girly" Pokemon is because Alola is a Hawaii-esque, tropical region, and it seems tropics like that are often associated with femininity, I guess with Mother Nature or something. So I feel like it kind of makes sense.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Spoiler:

This. thing. I don't have words. It's so funny, totally unexpected!
    I don't think it's gonna be loved tho. But I do. I honnestly do.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hello everyone. For now I will just speak about the Tapus because everyone know they exist.
    Before, some on here mentioned the Tapus being based on the Tiki Gods of Hawaii. That person, I have not seen in a while, so I will take over explaining.

First off, all 4 Guardians were reveled. I personally believe there may be 1 more for Event Legends. I do not think Event Legends were leaked. And I think there will be at least 3 more.

Ku – Ancient Tiki God of War
    Lono – Ancient Tiki God of Fertility and Peace
    Kane– Ancient Tiki God of Light and Life. Was also said to bring on thunder when arriving.
    Kanaloa – Ancient Tiki God the Sea

Tapu Koko of Melemele I think is based of Kane. Light and Life. Electric/Fairy

Next we have the other Tapus. We do not know there names so I will explain what they look like.

There is one that is red, black and yellow and kinda looks like a bull. I think this one is based off Ku and will be Fighting/Fairy. I think this one will be Guardian of the West Island.

There is one that is purple, black, white and blue and it looks like it may be a dolphin. I think it is based of Kanaloa which would be Water/Fairy. I think this one will be Guardian of Akala,

And last we have a mainly pink one and I am not sure what it is based on. But I think this one could be based on Lono who would be Fairy or Grass/Fairy. Guardian of Big Island.

Kane also had a daughter. who I think will be the event tapu and I think she will be Fire/Fairy. She will be Guardian of the 5th island that I think has sunk beneath the sea and we will not get it until after Post Game. This follows the Rainbow Prophecy that I think the whole game is inspired by.

This is speculation, none are confirmed other than Koko. We already knew all 4 existed, so I did not bother spoilering it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    Data miners have found the sprites for 73 new Pokemon, 16 of which hadn't been revealed yet. They also found 5 new UBs, bringing their ranks up to 8. Here are the sprites:

Spoiler:

This brings the Pokemon total to 794 (804 if the Ultra Beasts count as Pokemon). Could there be more Pokemon? Unlikely. If they scrubbed Pokemon sprites out of the demo, why leave so many Pokemon the demo never used?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The Event Legendarys have never been data mined before until much later. So I still believe there are 2 or 3 events legends.

Now I want to continue on with my thoughts about the new pokemon. People seem to be avoiding spoilers as best they can and avoiding talking about them. I have hardly heard any talk about any of the new pokemon other than UBs, which since we can catch, are most likely different dimension pokemon. I don't see why we can catch them if they aren't pokemon.

So everything beyond this point is a spoiler. Proceed at your own risk. And if you talk about them, please use spoiler tags. I am also going to skip over the starters.

Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I want to compile 1 final list of the total amount of typings we have with Alolan forms, UBs, Forms. Ect. I normally would not count Oricorio more than once for flying type, but this time I will due to it being the final list I make.

Also I will try my best not to skip any, but that might fail.

So - We do actually have over 100 pokemon. The form changes are so different that they should be considered new pokemon, just with the same name. Oricorio should have been 4 different pokemon. And Lycanroc should have been 2.

Spoiler:

I think I got everything right. There may be a few off on some.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I still wish Wishiwashi's Single form and its School form were two different Pokemon, and that the small fish evolved into the bigger fish.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I still wish Wishiwashi's Single form and its School form were two different Pokemon, and that the small fish evolved into the bigger fish.

Yeah I have to agree. Especially when hardly any of the water pokemon we got don't evolve.

I do wonder if they are getting this generation up for another Sinnoh/Johto type thing. Like we have so many single pokemon, maybe they did it for now, but may add more in later generations.

I still think they should have went ahead and made Exeggcute and Cubone a Alolan Form as well. It just annoys me that they stopped at 18, when they could have ended at 20 with those 2. A real coconut exeggcute would have been awesome.

I also am a bit annoyed that they didn't give a single water pokemon an Alolan Form.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • The Event Legendarys have never been data mined before until much later. So I still believe there are 2 or 3 events legends.

Now I want to continue on with my thoughts about the new pokemon. People seem to be avoiding spoilers as best they can and avoiding talking about them. I have hardly heard any talk about any of the new pokemon other than UBs, which since we can catch, are most likely different dimension pokemon. I don't see why we can catch them if they aren't pokemon.

So everything beyond this point is a spoiler. Proceed at your own risk. And if you talk about them, please use spoiler tags. I am also going to skip over the starters.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • I think the anchor Pokemon Dhelmise has to be the weirdest 7th Gen Pokemon, because its Grass-type doesn't make sense except for maybe the mossy part of its body. It barely gets a good physical Grass move other than Power Whip (which can suffer from accuracy issues) and its unique ability Steelworker isn't exciting either because it doesn't get many Steel moves (which the ability powers up) as well.

Other than that, there's the disappointment of Komala not evolving (though 115 base Attack is neat for a non-evolver) and Pyukumuku being a pseudo-Shuckle.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think the anchor Pokemon Dhelmise has to be the weirdest 7th Gen Pokemon, because its Grass-type doesn't make sense except for maybe the mossy part of its body. It barely gets a good physical Grass move other than Power Whip (which can suffer from accuracy issues) and its unique ability Steelworker isn't exciting either because it doesn't get many Steel moves (which the ability powers up) as well.

Other than that, there's the disappointment of Komala not evolving (though 115 base Attack is neat for a non-evolver) and Pyukumuku being a pseudo-Shuckle.

I think Komala's base stat total is what makes up for it not evolving. I'll admit I was totally surprised that it wasn't going to evolve, but after seeing the stat distribution, that kinda compensates for not having a second stage.

Years
  • You do have to admit, that while this generation is lacking in Speed it makes up for it by having their oomph put into other stats instead. Just look at Golisopod, Toucannon and Crabominable who are slower than their pre-evos but have very high Attack stats. Then there's another newcomer Toxapex who is looking to make a big impact on the defensive-based market.

Heck, even Wishiwashi's School Form is nothing to laugh at. Huge stats in everything except Speed and HP, which definitely makes up for Solo Form's near-Sunkern level stats.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Dhelmise does seem extremely weird. I'd have to go as far as saying that it is probably the oddest out of all 800+ Pokemon. Although, maybe it can learn more Steel Type moves as Egg Moves, although I am not sure if those were leaked or not.

I think the reason why all of the Alolan Pokemon are so slow is possibly an attempt to balance Competitive Play further. I kinda hate that they are focusing so much on competitive play and not the actual single player game.

Not to mention we get Ash-Greninja who has a hellish speed stat. although most people won't use.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The Speed stats for a majority of the Alola Pokémon is really surprising. It's almost like they wanted to make a point by making the majority of their stats lacking in speed.

Back