• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New PokeDex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I seen a video about the Pokedex Touch screen. So far I like it. What do you think about the touch screen Pokedex

Here's the video link

https://www.filb.de/1091

First off, the opening of the PokéDex is simply one of the best new features they've bundles into this one item. It really makes them feel as though the player is actually opening up the 'Dex and utilizing it not just because you need to or have to, but because now it is like you might actually want to do it. As for the touch screen feature, I'm happy for this addition, because it is taking use of not only the new feature, but the actual DS Dual Screen itself. I was surprised when something like this wasn't put into DPPt at first, but I guess it is best they included it into the remakes as it gives it more of an edge for the fans compared to the Sinnoh region games. Nice look, and definitely a nice new way to take use of it. It has actually gotten me quite interested because of how modern it looks and how the touch screen and top screen are both going to be used for this one object, I'll definitely have to learn how to use it at first [/lol].

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    My only hope regarding the pokedex is that it'll work like Sinnoh's where you only have to see the pokemon in order to have it count. I would positively hate reverting to having to catch them, especially if they do like in FR/LG where you're given certain important items like the EXP.Share after catching like, 40 of them.

*headdesk*

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Small nitpick with that: even opening the Pokédex is digital - something done on the screen. So, I'd imagine that to the actual person opening the Pokédex if it were in real life, they'd flip it open then be presented with that screen, which means they'd be opening the dex then opening a "digital" screen. Just a small distinction.

That said, the dex is now called "Johto Pokédex" (Jouto Zukan)

You have a point on the realistic feature of opening it. As in real life we would have to probably flip it open like opening a Nintendo DS. So, simply touching it with the touch screen to unlock it would be like actually pressing an unlock-type button.

However, when I referred to the opening, I actually meant the front screen:

Spoiler:

As it hasn't been done before and to actually see the basic front of it, seems rather realistic compared to those before in DPPt. Overall though, the function of everything seems to be pretty well set and I would think they would continue it further into the next generation [possibly.] Anyway, it is definitely a nice touch to the device and it is nice for Game Freak to put a little emphasis on the small notions as like stated else where, it is these little things that make the game as good as it may be.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    So you're playing on a DS while playing on a DS? D:
    Crapspackle!

Isn't that blue 'light' a button though?

It's actually the camera that identifies the Pokemon I believe. I'm really liking the new Pokedex, it looks very nice. I'm equally liking this and the old version. They never fail to make an appealing design.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I just loved the new design. I think it is a very good move by nintendo/gamefreak that they made pokedex touch screen compatible. This new type of pokedex interface is also good.They modernized the pokedex but in a way that it fits jhoto's style which I really liked.I would have loved it much more if we could have picked the colour. Red colour isnt bad though! I think nintendo is going all out for this game!

Ecks-Dee

The Hysterical Artifact
    Years
    It looks alright i guess. I think it looks like a combination of a phone and a DS XD And as always, they have PINK for the girls!

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    It looks pretty cool, but why this much like the GBA SP?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It looks pretty cool, but why this much like the GBA SP?

To tell you the truth it is the similar appearance to the GBA SP that probably makes it look as attracting. The reason why is because if it had been more closely shaped like the DS/DSi then it might have came out looking a bit too wide. The double screen effect is nice and the slim-like look from the SP gives it the finishing edge.

As for the color, you really cannot blame Game Freak for choosing pink for females and "red" for guys, as it is like a known choice of color when choosing between genders. However, I do agree though, because to actually have the ability to choose the set color would have been a better feature for the new PokéDex. However, I can't complain as the colors do suite well enough with eachother, and even though the female's Dex is pink, at least it is a nice hue of it [like said before] and there is more of an appearance of a whiter look, with just a touch of the pink.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    To tell you the truth it is the similar appearance to the GBA SP that probably makes it look as attracting. The reason why is because if it had been more closely shaped like the DS/DSi then it might have came out looking a bit too wide. The double screen effect is nice and the slim-like look from the SP gives it the finishing edge.

It doesn't have to be DS/DSi shaped. Look at the Sinnoh Pokedex, who was kinda wide too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2019
    I actually like the design a lot. I liked the old design as well but I personally think this design better.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    New Pokedex is awesome. I really like the new searching mode, where each has their own box and you can just tap it and view.

I want to know of any new PokeGear features though.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I love the new design of the PokeDex. :D It somehow reminds me of a Gameboy Advance SP (dont ask. XD) But on the whole, I love both of em :D (yes, even the pink one. XD) Also, I love how the male Pokedex reflects Gold. :D it basically sums him up (btw, I'm talking about his outfit. XD)

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    I'm just annoyed about the female always gets pink thing. Stupid sexist Nintendo. I think they should make it so that you can choose which color you get, but whatever. That obviously won't happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back