• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New PokeDex

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2022
    I sorta liked the phone design at first but the more i saw it the more it looked to boxy and sorta like a purse so i still prefer the first one

But on the hand of how it works it looks really cool and i think it really reflects Johto

(sorry about bad grammar)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    New PokeDex
    New PokeDex
    New PokeDex

Here is a basic comparison between the old and new Johto PokéDex's. As I look back, the old PokéDex wasn't all that bad. It still looks pretty clear and nicely done from ten years ago. However, the new ones were given a lot better style in my opinion. I do see that the blue sphere was kept if you all notice. On the old it was in the front at the right bottom. For the new ones, it is located on the front, top screen near the center. However, the double screen idea was a plus when I look at them and compare.

Actually, the old one looks a bit more complex in picture when I look at the new one as well. It has two slots to open up to the interface, while we just have one face to flip open and there are not many buttons because of the touch screen. Still, I like them both and again it just looks like another give and take in looks from what some may like and what some may not like.

Last edited:

Ecks-Dee

The Hysterical Artifact
    Years
    As for the color, you really cannot blame Game Freak for choosing pink for females and "red" for guys, as it is like a known choice of color when choosing between genders.

Oh i know that :) I was just joking around! XD It is actually a very nice shade of pink!

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    It looks really slim and efficient, like there's nothing there that shouldn't be.
    And it is a bit reminiscent of a DS Lite.

At this rate, I'm REALLY looking forward to PokeGear 2.0!

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    When will a Sidekick-like PokeDex come out >>

I liked DPPt's Pokedex more.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I like the simplicity as compared to the design from R/S/E and D/P/Pt

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
    Years
    Woh, I thought that was a cell phone. I guess I was wrong!
    I saw the interface for the Pokedex on Serebii. It is completely touch-biased. The Status Screen and Pokemon Boxes are the same way.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Aero's right, it does look like an electronic book...

All it needs now are the words "DON'T PANIC" on the front written in large friendly letters.

:P I'd +rep you for that if I could.

In any case, I am loving the new design for the 'dex. Also looking forward to the return of the evolutionary organization of the Pokemon. It'd be so much easier for me. I'd like to see some more color customization and stuff, personally. Pink and red are too limited for me...
    Ah! I feel the need to create my own reordering of the pokedex!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I really don't see why they bother with designs. In-game, we only end up using the Pokedex and not actually opening it up and seeing the design itself.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I really don't see why they bother with designs. In-game, we only end up using the Pokedex and not actually opening it up and seeing the design itself.

Before in DPPt, we were not able to see the basic front interface of the PokéDex. However, if you check on filb.de's site and look through their images of the PokéDex, you will notice that the front interface indeed will be shown this time around. So, for HeartGold and SoulSilver, they have actually taken in more use of the PokéDex other than the touchscreen use. To open it though, you shall use the touch screen to press down on it to make it appear as though it is being flipped open.

It adds on to be the basic realistic way of it, but in a simpler way of doing so by using the touch feature. Not to mention, the addition of a new designed PokéDex is always something to look because it just shows difference in each region. So, I wouldn't say it isn't something of vital important to work on, but it'll be boring without it if you really think about it.

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    I can't stand it. Looks the the Junebug from sprint which I though was a hideous phone.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    I really like the design. It reminds me of a mix between a Nintendo DS and a Gameboy Advance SP. However, I'm not a fan of the pink color for the girl. I wish we could choose the color. Heck, I'd be happy with being able to choose just the red one. Oh well, I probably won't notice after a while.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    It looks really sleek and modern, I like it a lot. It reminds me of a cell phone that you're afraid to push too hard or you'll break it =P.

I don't like that it's almost completely touch-based though. I lost my stylus and I'm always afraid I'll ruin the screen using my fingers :/

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I really like the design for the new pokedex. It has a very strong resembleance to the original Johto Dex but much more up to date. I'm glad I'm a guy though. The female version is kinda sickening. Pink? C'mon. Ladies should have the blue version Kris had in Crystal.

kellogs

Crunchy
    Years
    Do we really need the color differences,i like the classic red,not bleedin' pink,i wanna pick,ah well.The design is very nice,looks modern and all that :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back