• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Yeah. .__. there just seems to be just..electric/ground, Electric/Steel, Electric, and...that's really about it.

There needs to be more type combos for poison-types as well...
    There's also Electric/Flying, and Electric/Ghost, and counting Rotom's other formes we have Electric/Grass, Electric/Water (Chinchou has this too), Electric/Fire, and Electric/Ice. So there's more combos with Electric than one may think. I'm still waiting for my Electric/Dark though xD.

Years
  • The first thing that come to mind for fire/grass is a burning Free, I imagine it like an Abomasnow on fire.
    Regarding electric type I would like to see an electric/psychic.

Years
  • Abomasnow fire/grass clone maybe?
    Yeah Electric/Psychic is one those those pairings I'm surprise haven't happened yet, along with Electric/Dark, and Electric/Fighting.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I know we have Spinda already, I'd really like to see a new panda Pokémon. It doesn't really represent a panda to me personally. I mean, even if they didn't want to use that exact concept again, they could always go down the line of a red panda instead (which I would be perfectly happy seeing as well!).

Nailed it c:

Also whoever said Electric/Psychic, that sounds ridiculously awesome. It'd open some cool possibilities for Electric attacks for controlling them with Psychic energy (so being able to control the accuracy I guess more?). Of course that's just me thinking outside the box, but it'd be a cool thing to see for sure!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I figured this was the best place to put this. Sorry if I am wrong. As we know, Unova was based in New York/America. We had a few pokemon that are native to America such as Braviary and Bouffalant.

I was looking at a list of native animal in France and wanted to throw a few possibilities out of what we might see.

Beech Marten - which is almost like a otter or something looking at a picture of it.
    Alpine Marmot
    Hornet
    Praying Mantis
    Badger
    Boar
    Stag Beetle
    Fire Salamander
    Genet

These are just a few, I am also hoping to see a Dolphin pokemon like every region. I know most of these can be found else where in the world, but these are just a few.

I am hoping to see a few more Dark/Ice types and Dark/Fire types.

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Electric/Psychic would definitely be cool, and i'd love to see ice/dark as well, although it wouldn't be the best type combination defense-wise

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Electric/Dark is the one I want to see, I'm surprised it hasn't happened already but this might be the generation for it to happen! Along with a few other new type combinations.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • What about the Legendary Trio? Based off the map and the current Legendaries we know of, what do you think they will be?

Looking at X and Y Legends. I am thinking that the game might be Land or Forest vs Sky. Pure speculation here. I am thinking the trio will be something that flies and runs. Maybe Wyverns or Gryphons or any other mythical beast that might be able to fly and run fast. I don't have anything to go on this. Just a guess.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Here's a full list of Pokemon I am hoping for... I'll cross them out if/when Pokemon are revealed that fit them accurately enough... Some of these are my ideas and some are just things I heard and liked... I doubt many of these will become Pokemon at any point.

Spoiler:

This are from the game I was making that stopped being developed along time ago... I'd rather they be real Pokemon though.

Last edited:

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Dude u r asking gf too much.
    But, i liked some of them, like that tiger, minotaur and gorilla..

I wasn't asking for all of them... They are just from my game and if any more of them turned into real Pokemon I'd be ecstatic... The Panda has already come true so hopefully it evolves how I want it to evolve...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I love the tiger and panther ones. I also love a few others and would love to see them.

Also I wouldn't mind some type of Pumpkin pokemon. Could be Dark/Grass or Ghost/Grass/ Who knows, with the games coming out in October I think it was, we might get a Pumpkin based pokemon.

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
  • All I'm hoping for is a dual Grass/Fire type Pokemon. Mutated fire plant anyone?

tumblr_m72sv2Mqcx1rw7u8ro1_500.png

Years
  • The Pumpkin Pokémon should be Fire/Grass!! That's like one of the rarest way to make a fire/grass Pokémon that makes sense. xD Or some legendary Grass/Ground (Choal forme) Pokémon that: Has a signature Fire move that is similar to Head Smash!! :o And has the ability Incinerate which turns it into its Fire forme (Grass/Fire) when he is about to use a Fire move, or after receiving damage from a Fire move, or when it is burned. (Under its Fire forme it should have Flash Fire ability I guess.)

Years
  • I want a armadillo whose body looks like a soccer ball when it rolls it's body up, and is often mistake for one. Well I guess since this is Poke world, maybe one that looks like a Pokeball?

Back