• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
I really want a Electric/Dark combo i dont really care what creature maybe a dolphin or a walrus or a bird of prey of some sort

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
As well as what I mentioned previously I hope that the next ground-type that they release would be based on an Echidna, one of the more obvious animals that we haven't come across yet. It'll probably come with a secondary typing which is supereffective over Bug, such as Fire, Flying or Rock since they are sometimes called spiny anteaters. It would have the ability Rough Skin too.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
This is just a random guess, but I'm predicting Flabébe's forme differences (the flower color) will actually be more than an aesthetic change. I'm expecting a Wormadam-esque evolution with a secondary type corresponding to the color of the flower - Fairy / Fire for Red, Fairy / Water for Blue, etc...

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
I really want a Electric/Dark combo i dont really care what creature maybe a dolphin or a walrus or a bird of prey of some sort

I have been wanting a Dark/Electric since the Dark type was introduced. I love the idea of it. I've seen some Fakemon of the type that look just amazing. I also desperately want to see Dark/Psychic type. Bug/Dark also seems a little overdue. Fire/Electric is interesting and I'd like to see it, I've also always wanted to see a Grass/Electric.

I've also wanted a Dolphin Pokemon for a while. A Dark type Bat Pokemon is also something I've wanted wanted for a while. I think we're all a little tired of the Zubats.

Guy

just a guy
Years
With the new Fairy type I'd like to see something of a Fallen Angel Pokémon. It'd be the perfect Dark/Fairy type.

thedhp

TheDavidPearson
Years
  • Age 36
  • Utah
  • Seen Oct 21, 2016
I personally would love to see a Steel/Dragon type. If I did my math right it would be resistant to 12 types, only Fighting and Ground would be super effective and Poison wouldn't touch it.

I could see a super high special attack and defense, plus a pretty cool design.

What do you think?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Dialga is Dragon/Steel - But he is legendary, so who cares?

Some great type combos are only on legends - like Fire/Steel.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I just thought of a new Pokemon:
Name: Fear (I couldn't think of any names, so I just wrote fear)
Ability: Sturdy
Type: Steel/Ground
Stats:

Hp: 2
Atk: 35
Def: 2
SpAtk: 2
SpDef: 2
Spd: 2
BST: 45

Some moves:
1: Tackle
16: Bulldoze
25: Sandstorm
89: Recover
95: Extremespeed
100: Bullet Speed (Steel type move, priority of +3, base power of 40, PP = 5)

Endeavor (learnt via breeding)

Heal bell (learnt via move tutor)

At first you'll probably be like "What! Base stat total of 45? That's stupid, how can it do anything?"

But it has the ability sturdy, with only a maximum of 2 hp, so if it holds leftovers, it will never die from straight-up attacking moves. (2 hp will be decreased to 1 hp because sturdy will never let you die at full health, and leftovers heals you back up to 2 hp again).

It can also learn endeavor, which will almost kill the opposing Pokemon (decrease the opposing Pokemon to either 2 hp or 1 hp) which it can then finish the opposing Pokemon off with bullet speed (or extremespeed). It's typing makes it immune to toxic and thunder wave, and if it does receive a status ailment, such as a burn, it can heal with heal bell.

Sandstorm is just icing on the cake, being able to do the popular Aron sweep, with the backup of priority moves.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'm still waiting for combos like Electric/Fighting and Electric/Dark...
And i hope some "regular" pokemon get cool combos, not just legendaries
Fairy/Dragon or Fairy/dark are also some neat ideas!

raszoar

U want cookie?
Years
Having the fairy type makes me want to have fun with it. Grass/Fairy it would be like forest guardian or something, having a dolphin would be great to it should be like Water/Psychic, I also want another dragon type pokemon, and I really really want a dog pokemon that looks like a pug or a French Bulldog!

Years
I for one, am really hoping for a few different combos (All of which involve fire...). Fire/Electric would be my number one choice, as they are my two favorite types. I would also love a Fire/Fairy pokemon. Cos Fairy seems like an adorable type, and I like adorable pokemon.

Also, Litleo? Really hoping that evolves into the coolest pokemon ever, basically. A lion with a mane of fire would be just amazing and godlike and I want it now.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
A ghost dragon type that isnt legendary and has three evolutions.

Think about it, they could use a dragon skeleton. Baby Skull, half a skeleton, then like a giant skeletal Dragon that is awesome.

they could also split the evolution lines, either bring the baby dragon skull to life at a research center to become dragon/fire, or evolve it to become Ghost/dragon.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I just thought of a new Pokemon:
Name: Fear (I couldn't think of any names, so I just wrote fear)
Ability: Sturdy
Type: Steel/Ground
Stats:

Hp: 2
Atk: 35
Def: 2
SpAtk: 2
SpDef: 2
Spd: 2
BST: 45

Some moves:
1: Tackle
16: Bulldoze
25: Sandstorm
89: Recover
95: Extremespeed
100: Bullet Speed (Steel type move, priority of +3, base power of 40, PP = 5)

Endeavor (learnt via breeding)

Heal bell (learnt via move tutor)

At first you'll probably be like "What! Base stat total of 45? That's stupid, how can it do anything?"

But it has the ability sturdy, with only a maximum of 2 hp, so if it holds leftovers, it will never die from straight-up attacking moves. (2 hp will be decreased to 1 hp because sturdy will never let you die at full health, and leftovers heals you back up to 2 hp again).

It can also learn endeavor, which will almost kill the opposing Pokemon (decrease the opposing Pokemon to either 2 hp or 1 hp) which it can then finish the opposing Pokemon off with bullet speed (or extremespeed). It's typing makes it immune to toxic and thunder wave, and if it does receive a status ailment, such as a burn, it can heal with heal bell.

Sandstorm is just icing on the cake, being able to do the popular Aron sweep, with the backup of priority moves.

This is insanely overpowered. The only way you could beat it is with status ailments or weather, and in the turns taken to set that up you'd lose at least one pokemon to endeavor. Its basically a destiny bond/curse combo on steroids

Years
what about an ice/bug type i thnk it would kinda cool. not sure of what it would look like. but i do know dance fly larvae have been seen at -22f so theres a start.

Back